PDA

View Full Version : Halo Bundle

Brutus
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
I was completely scared of not being able to get this gem of a limited edition console. I didn't get my big check until two days after it's release and when I finally went out to get one, all the "game specialty" stores were sold out.
I thought I'd missed out and had missed out for the whole time.
I didn't know what to do...
Then, walking through the Gargantuous SuperWalmart here in Arizona, I spotted some.
You see, with the recent price drop on the console, they sold through 30 of them in less than a week.
Well they just picked up another boat load of them, only it wasn't the regular bundles, it was the LImited Edition Bundles!!!!
I almost crapped my pants with joy as I was buying it. I thought they were all gone!!!
I swear, every store that I went to didn't have any!!
So I just wanted to let the gaming community in on my find. Even though it's not really a find at all...
In fact, with 200,000 of them, how is it supposed to be, "Limited"? I just knew there had to be more of them out there!
Check your local Big stores!

Yankeez
04-26-2004, 04:12 PM
i think it was best buy or circuit city who was letting u get a free platinum hit with ur purchase of a limited edition xbox, so maybe u can return it to walmart and go get it at BB or CC

Viper87227
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah I had the same deal, I baught one for myself, but my parents wanted to get one for when my little bro graduated, so I went back to EB to get a 2nd and they were out, as was gamestop, circuit city, and best buy. I went to target, and lucky as bastage like myself can get, I picked up there last one. Lemme tell ya, if anyone finds one of these sitting on the shelve, pick it up, and sell it a few months from now on Ebay, you will make money on it!

Brutus
04-26-2004, 05:59 PM
i think it was best buy or circuit city who was letting u get a free platinum hit with ur purchase of a limited edition xbox, so maybe u can return it to walmart and go get it at BB or CC
That sounds good, my man! Which new Platinum hits are worthy the pick up? I might have them already...
Any $20 one, or only the Platinum Hits? You know?

ScottTheKilla
04-26-2004, 06:04 PM
The Ebgames website had a package deal for the limited edition xbox with halo, counterstrike, jet set radio, and sega gt for $199. If I end up getting the limited edition thats where I would go.

blazenko
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
WAIT!!! Are they really that hard to find? I wa planning a huge trip to the states to buy myself one this weekend... Can someone tell me if by this weekend everystore will be sold out? Btw i'm going may 1st.

Yankeez
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
WAIT!!! Are they really that hard to find? I wa planning a huge trip to the states to buy myself one this weekend... Can someone tell me if by this weekend everystore will be sold out? Btw i'm going may 1st.

no u will find one easily, Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Electronics Boutique

you have a lot of places to check :)

WrathfulPoppa
04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
If I were you, blazenko, I would call ahead to all of the stores I plan to visit to double check that they have one in stock. With gas prices as they are now it's a much better idea to find one and have them hold it for you than to just hop from store-to-store. That is unless you have a plethora of EB-esque stores in your local mall...

Zman5225
04-26-2004, 11:32 PM
I picked mine up this weekend. Walmart had it for me, costco.com is selling them, as well as Newegg. This is my first Xbox and i'm loving it!

blazenko
04-27-2004, 12:03 AM
thanks... yeah i don't live in the states so i can't call ahead and have them save one so i'll just have to visit every single best buy or target i see... BTW how much would it cost for customs if i brought 3 xboxs over to cananda?

blazenko
04-27-2004, 12:04 AM
and would it be cheaper to send them by mail?

Brutus
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
thanks... yeah i don't live in the states so i can't call ahead and have them save one so i'll just have to visit every single best buy or target i see... BTW how much would it cost for customs if i brought 3 xboxs over to cananda?
I hear it costs about eleventy billion dollars... Or something like that.
No, but seriously guys. Telling him that he shouldn't sweat it and that they'll have plenty I don't think was a good reply.
Just before the $149 price drop on our beloved boxes, my SUperWalmart told me that they'd had over thirty and sold out the first day.
They bought more of those and the Limited edition ones as well, so it's a sort of give or take. If more people want the "Limited Edition" one, then they'll be sold out in no time at all. You know.
An extra twenty dollars some might look at it, but it comes with HALO so I see a LOT being sold quickly, even to new customers.
Then there's guys like me. I was at the GAMECRAZY in Mesa offering somebody $300 dollars for his because I'd already checked every Gamestop, GameCrazy and other "specialty" stores. There's a lot of us HALO freaks out there, and only 200,000 boxes.
So glad I checked out that wal-mart.
So all I'm saying, Blazenko is you should really see about someone holding them for you. Especially if you want to get three of them. By May 1st, I think that it'll be very hard to find. Hit and miss though. I may be wrong.

ColdArmoR
04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
My friend is trading in his regular xbox just for this special Halo one.. I said give me a can of spray paint and I'll make you one. =p

Brutus
04-27-2004, 04:33 PM
My friend is trading in his regular xbox just for this special Halo one.. I said give me a can of spray paint and I'll make you one. =p
That won't work, dude. It's the Dev Kit's case. All Transparent Master Chief Armor colored green.
ANd the emblem on it, not to mention that pimp controller that says HALO.
No way you can paint one into that. No way.
Have you seen it?
Google it.
And considering the 20,000 out there, to the fifty states, you'll be one gamer in 400 in your state with one.

ColdArmoR
04-27-2004, 05:52 PM
uh... Sorry I guess my post didn't come accoss as a joke... =\

Zman5225
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Did you see on the homepage that xbox sales are up 30%? That's great news! Funny thing is, I was talking to the guy at Babbages today, and he said at his store for the first time, Xbox outsold PS2's for the month since the pricedrop.

Highlite23
04-27-2004, 11:40 PM
OK, I know 200,000 units sounds like a lot, but in this case it really isn't. My prediction is they sell out within a few weeks. We have gotten restocks twice since they were available, and sell out everytime within days. (Game Stop)

blazenko
04-28-2004, 02:54 AM
does anyone know how much customs fees would be for the 3 xbox tho?

Brutus
04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
does anyone know how much customs fees would be for the 3 xbox tho?

Hahahahah! Eleventy Billion Dollars!!!!!

No, but in all reality man, can't you check like a website or something? I don't think any of us like to hop borders with an Xbox under each arm. Let alone know how the "customs" Deal works. Ask Jeeves!
ASK.COM

Brutus
04-28-2004, 11:04 AM
OK, I know 200,000 units sounds like a lot, but in this case it really isn't. My prediction is they sell out within a few weeks. We have gotten restocks twice since they were available, and sell out everytime within days. (Game Stop)
You have your's right? Good things.
I had that problem that you describe. Everytime I'd go in for one, they'd be gone. How frustrating.
I feel actually lucky that I'd found one now.
Hey, Tony, can you confirm what Zman just said. I mean I noticed an intense climb in all of the Xbox Hardware and Software sales all over down here in the Phoenix Metro Area in Arizona.
How is it going everywhere else? Because I swear, if it's selling everywhere as well as it is here, it should be a lot higher than 30%. I'm guessing something more like 50%.
With your position though, I thought maybe you'd have an insider's view of sales records.