PDA

View Full Version : help

weaz22381
01-15-2002, 01:39 PM
how do you hook up two xbox's to play halo with more than four players. i have the ethernet cable and i do not know what to do.

please help

jordan

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Well if you have a crossover cable (system link cable) then all you have to do is connect both xboxes together with that. Hook them up to two seperate tvs and start a system link game. One box will host (both need the halo disc) and the other will join.

That's all there is to it. Just make sure you have a crossover cable and not a regular lan (cat5 cable).

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Dude, no problem:

All you have to do is hook each XBox to it's own TV just like normal. Then, you have to have two copies of Halo and put one of each copy into each XBox (it's critical to have two copies of Halo).

Then, take your System Link Cable and put one end into one XBox and the other end into the other XBox.

While playing Halo, each person must select Multi-player and then both select System Link. Only one person needs to select the level and stuff and then the other simply has to join. This is after you select your characters and stuff.

Enjoy!

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 01:59 PM
It appears that Lynxfx and I were writing at the same time...but, he beat me to the punch! Nice job, Lynxfx!!! :D

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Woohoo, I win a beer.

Where's my beer Maximus?

Maximus, quit drinking my beer!!