PDA

View Full Version : Is Xbox gonna last like Ps or sell out like Dc?

Wanted Xbox
07-23-2001, 06:09 PM
I keep thinking to myself and wonder is xbox gonna last for years creating games like sony, or is it gonna sell out like Dc? I have Dc and now im out of luck, and i also worry for this issue because xbox is the first system from microsoft, and that also bothers me. So people reply to this post and try to change my mind. Thanx.

Bakero
07-23-2001, 06:18 PM
blah blah blah

dont make me mod yo ass sum more

Aaron
07-23-2001, 06:21 PM
Well theres several things i need to address in what you said... Ok, as for selling out, they didnt sell out, sell out is when you turn your back on your people and do the opposite of what you stand for, sega had to let DC go due to money reasons. Plus, i really dont feel cheated with my DC... i got mine the first day it came out, which is almost 3 years now.. most consoles last 3-4 years, so i think i got my moneys worth out of it. As for it being the first system from microsoft, wasnt the psx the first system from sony? Everyone laughed at it cause sony had no idea what to do in the video game industry, but it went off big time. Just remember, bill gates didnt get where he is today by being a shrewd business man.. he is a marketing genious and thats why he is so rich. Plus, microsoft has sat back and watched the console market evolve this whole time, they did research and learned from their competitors mistakes.. Make no mistake about it, microsoft is smart and will come out with their guns ablazing.

-Aaron-

EIGamerzX
07-23-2001, 06:31 PM
It WILL NOT go the way of the dc and stop making games, wanna know why? money, sega lacks it microsoft doesn't. their in it for the long haul they'll be losing well over 100$ per system and their projections say that they won't turn a profit for 5 years, they knew this since the beggining, and they won't stop making games until they make their moneys worth (it's microsoft).

second reason why it won't go the way of the dc, Advertising (relates to money) i can only remember 2 dc commercials one with the dc symbol that's it and more recently the sonic adventure 2 commercial, that's not the case when you got mula 500 million enough for ya? i think so! nearly all of xbox's commercials will focus on the games and they will consist of around 90% in game footage, they promise that EVERYONE will know what halo oddworld etc. by the time launch is here, and that 500 mill. means that their will be lots of commercials come fall.

Third reason (again relates to money) I don't know about you but i live in the suburbs and there has been 0 stores that sold dreamcasts and 0 video game rental stores that rent dreamcast games (blockbuster, jumbo video) if they had i would've been playing a dreamcast right now!

Fourth reason ($) the MOST important reason THE GAMES, microsoft can afford to pay development costs and bring in 1st, 2nd and third party support, search through are game database you'll like what you see!

what it all boils down to is microsoft has money sega doesn't, money to advertise, get good games, sustain longevity of the system, to research to make the best of the best ,money! trust me XBox won't fail, and it won't quit making games.

is this convincing?

EIGamerzX
07-23-2001, 07:48 PM
honestly those were the only two i remember! i know there was more but they musint have been too eyecatching cause i don't remember em:)

EIGamerzX
07-23-2001, 07:50 PM
Wait a second i DO!!! remember the triangle one!

vash the stampede
07-23-2001, 09:57 PM
u know what i think ms is doing....? I think their doing a sony, making a kick ass system as their first, making some money, THEN, making a second come out in 6 six years, it'll be decent, but the name will make it sell millions, like ps2. (which it dons't deserve), but hell, u never know eh? could be different, and if they make an x-box2 it could be like a billion times better :p

Bakero
07-23-2001, 10:41 PM
I can't believe Funionz Mob my post, I was just being Sarcastic? Whats wrong with a lil humor...o well I bet you'll mod this one too.

I'll do it my self
Blah Blah Blah.. hehe :D

EIGamerzX
07-24-2001, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by vash the stampede
u know what i think ms is doing....? I think their doing a sony, making a kick ass system as their first, making some money, THEN, making a second come out in 6 six years, it'll be decent, but the name will make it sell millions, like ps2. (which it dons't deserve), but hell, u never know eh? could be different, and if they make an x-box2 it could be like a billion times better :p
:D Microsoft has already started work on xbox 2 but it won't be out for atleast 5 years

vash the stampede
07-24-2001, 09:32 AM
*clutches chest* *starts giving self cpr* omg... well, all i can say is if the x-box 2 looks like it will pull a ps2, i might just get meself a ps3. yes folks, that's right 3, it's due out like... 2006, or 2007.

EIGamerzX
07-24-2001, 09:48 AM
i doubt x2 will pull a ps2..... probably more like nintendo to super nintendo.. only...errr...alot better.....maybe, right know i'll just focus on x1

vash the stampede
07-24-2001, 06:16 PM
nope, they're not TALKING about a ps3, they're MAKING a ps3. They've been working on it since about 6 months b4 the ps2 release.