PDA

View Full Version : BC Chatlog Tidbits

Shadow20002
04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
The chat brought word that B.C. will allow players to gain new skills, weapons, cultural artifacts and other such things throughout the course of the game. Along those lines, it was also revealed that the day/night cycle in B.C. will work out to 20 minutes real time equaling 24-hours game time.

On the gameplay side of things, the chat also brought word that there will be simian like enemies in addition to dinosaurs and other creatures of the time, but not quite as advanced as players. While save the information above, the chat wasn’t exactly bustling with information, a last minute bit of information did reveal that B.C. will be shown at E3; and that there will be another developer chat during either the Fall or sometime before the game’s release on the Xbox.

Source@ (http://www.gamegossip.com/)

Ninja
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
What's the date for this game right now?

Variation-XBA
04-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Currently Oct-Dec sometime

Ninja
04-28-2004, 01:37 PM
But we all know it's likely to be delayed.

Bakeman
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
So basically all the information that was already released before. Well that was a waste of a chat.

It's nice that they are gonna be able to show it off at E3. To me that is a good sign that the game will see life on xbox eventually. It's been in the making for some time now, and if they didn't have anything for E3 that would have had me really worrried.

thrAsher
04-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Yeah, the dev. chat was dull. Nothing outstanding. Lotta goofing off by the devs. But really, aren't they all like that? One of the guys even patted himself and the Intrepid crew on the back a bit by saying that B.C. would be "dare I say, genre defining".

So, yeah, who knows. I'm guessing we'll see B.C. this time next year.

Shadow20002
04-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Hmm....Fable isn't out yet.....

I just read the latest Play Magazine, they said that Fable will be out in August.....

*sigh*

thrAsher
04-29-2004, 12:08 AM
I hear that, Shadow. Been floating around the net a week or so now. Sucks, eh?

And I remember reading on BBB that B.C. was definitely less polished then Fable, and would be out "long after".

That's why I say:

Fable: Christmas early release
B.C.: Next Spring

Call it a hunch. They're down to the wire, but they're building what hopefully become epic games. I'm voting for that, and wincing at the thought we'll get handed hot, steamy dookie by Lionhead.

LynxFX
04-29-2004, 03:22 AM
So basically all the information that was already released before. Well that was a waste of a chat.

It's nice that they are gonna be able to show it off at E3. To me that is a good sign that the game will see life on xbox eventually. It's been in the making for some time now, and if they didn't have anything for E3 that would have had me really worrried.
Well they had tons to show those few of us lucky enough to get behind closed doors with them at last years E3. It was amazing looking at that time and to me looked near completion. Only bad part about talking with them then was that they gave away the ending. :mad:

The chat was definitely a waste. I said most of the same things in my XBA preview of B.C. last year after E3.

Can't wait for this game though, and I guess it is kinda nice to know that they aren't rushing it to market.

StudioAlex
04-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Well they had tons to show those few of us lucky enough to get behind closed doors with them at last years E3. It was amazing looking at that time and to me looked near completion.

You know, I hate you.

Bakeman
04-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Well they had tons to show those few of us lucky enough to get behind closed doors with them at last years E3. It was amazing looking at that time and to me looked near completion. Only bad part about talking with them then was that they gave away the ending. :mad:

The chat was definitely a waste. I said most of the same things in my XBA preview of B.C. last year after E3.

Can't wait for this game though, and I guess it is kinda nice to know that they aren't rushing it to market.

you suck... lol j/k

Well it has been a long time. Maybe they could change it up alittle? Probably not though.

Unreal
04-30-2004, 07:46 PM
BC sounds like it will be a cool game, but I am not expecting to be released before christmas this year. I am still worried about Fable making it out this year as it is, besides wondering if Peter will be able to implement everything they are hoping to. If they do, Fable will be one of the best RPG's ever released on a home console :cheers: