PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae Rally 2005 announced

OuFtb
04-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Codemasters has today announced that it will release Colin McRae 2005 for both PlayStation 2 and Xbox in Europe this fall. Set to be shown for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) next month, the game will feature an all-new career challenge mode, and online head-to-head play for up to eight players.

The career challenge mode in Colin McRae Rally 2005 will challenge players to progress through over 300 rally stages driving cars from a number of different classes, including four-wheel drive, two-wheel drive, four-wheel classics, super two-wheel, rear wheel, distinctive, and 4x4 classics. The game will feature over 30 vehicles in total, including the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-Four, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2, and VW Beetle RSi. Each of the cars in the game will boast its own unique damage model, and players will even experience a "dazed" visual effect after they crash.

International locations in the game will include Germany, Sweden, U.S.A., Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, Japan, and the UK. All of the visuals in Colin McRae Rally 2005 will be more details than in its predecessors, with paint scrapes on cars, leaves falling from trees, and the like.

Codemasters' next rally title will feature online play for up to eight players on both PS2 and Xbox.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/29/news_6094827.html

I'd rather have Ralisport Challenge 2 but this game should be pretty good.

Unreal
04-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I have Colin McRae 3 and 04. I am not sure if they will have enough features to get me to purchase 2005. Especially with RalliSport 2 coming out next week. I know there is a huge gap but RSC2 will not be matched :D

Carnage
04-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Ive got 03 and 04 as well.
If 2005 is a budget title again, like 04 was, ill definately pick it up. If its not, well, we'll travel that road when it gets here.

Either way, its great to get some more realistic rally games! Im so tired of that arcadey bs.