PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 3

kazual
01-15-2002, 04:07 PM
I know that there is a ton of GTA3 threads on here already, but I want this one to be specifically designated to posting of information regarding whether or not it is actually going to come to XBOX. Ive heard rumors that Rockstar signed a 4 year exclusitivity deal to sony and other reasons why it wont come to XBox..

So keep the posts here related to GTA3 being released on the Xbox please :)

Ill be hunting for trustworthy links for you guys also btw..

kaz

Vteck3000
01-15-2002, 04:40 PM
The last thing i read and heard is that GTA3 will NOT come out to the XBOX because BIG BILL said it was too violent and also it's set in NEW YORK. Soooooooooo because of what happened 9-11 well he doesn't want his machine to do anyting with that date.............. thats what i've heard........... probebly he changed his mind but who knows :)

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Dude...don't listen to me or anyone else....just call Take 2 Interactive for yourselves. Maybe when they tell you that GTA3 is coming to XBox that you might believe it. Just call (212) 334-6633 in New York City. Enjoy :)

skoot182
01-15-2002, 06:17 PM
xbox.com chat session

Question: Is Grand Theft Auto 3 coming to Xbox?

( skoot182 has joined )
( Jean-Francois has joined )
Jean-Francois : Hello and welcome to Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Jean-Francois. Please wait while I search for the answer to your question, this will not be too long.

Jean-Francois : Unfortunately, Rockstar Games has not yet announced officially that the game will be ported to the Xbox yet. When we will have more word on this, you will definately see it on Xbox.com!

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Any official announcement of GTA3's launch will be from Take 2 Interactive....according to them. Just FYI, folks.

skoot182
01-15-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Any official announcement of GTA3's launch will be from Take 2 Interactive....according to them. Just FYI, folks.

so go ahead and put down my competitive 300th post!!!:D

xboxman_1
01-15-2002, 09:02 PM
The last thing i read and heard is that GTA3 will NOT come out to the XBOX because BIG BILL said it was too violent and also it's set in NEW YORK.
Isnt this game set in a fictional city, "Liberty City" ?

Heyyoudvd
01-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Isnt this game set in a fictional city, "Liberty City" ?

What do you think Liberty City is supposed to be...?

:rolleyes:

Markus_Kalarkus
01-15-2002, 09:50 PM
im pretty sure it is coming out to xbox... ive seen numerous sites explaining this and most of them say yes sometime in march;) :cool: :D

GokuX
01-15-2002, 10:22 PM
I feel bad for people who just bought an Xbox so they could play GTA3. I think its a great game but would I buy a PS2 for it no way. Looked crummy even on my Trinitron. I hate the blurring I'm sorry to say. If they do bring it to the X I'd at least hope they could manage 30 fps constant. Bill isn't a fool he knows what will sell so as far as his statements, who the heck knows.

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 03:50 PM
NO NO NO Maximus, Take Two interactive only produced the PS2 version, DMA Designs took over for the Xbox version. So even if Rockstar did sign a contract, they just violated it with the release of Max Payne.

Anyway, NOBODY knows if GTA3 wil be released for Xbox, but if it is, Im sure alot of the "bad stuff" will be taken out...like the curse words and the prostitute thing...but I never payed any attention to that stuff anyway.

think about it, would you rather have GTA3 toned down a bit, or not have it at all?

Supperdog
01-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude...don't listen to me or anyone else....just call Take 2 Interactive for yourselves. Maybe when they tell you that GTA3 is coming to XBox that you might believe it. Just call (212) 334-6633 in New York City. Enjoy :)

Did you call? What did they say? (sorry im just too cheap to pay the phone bill :) )

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
NO NO NO Maximus, Take Two interactive only produced the PS2 version, DMA Designs took over for the Xbox version. So even if Rockstar did sign a contract, they just violated it with the release of Max Payne.

Anyway, NOBODY knows if GTA3 wil be released for Xbox, but if it is, Im sure alot of the "bad stuff" will be taken out...like the curse words and the prostitute thing...but I never payed any attention to that stuff anyway.

think about it, would you rather have GTA3 toned down a bit, or not have it at all?

Actually, dude...I was told directly by Take 2 Interactive that they are the ones that are announcing the release of the game. Just so you know that I am not BSing you, you can ask them directly: (212) 334-6633.

Rumor is that GTA3 is coming this March but may be delayed until April. That's the latest rumor. Personally, I have never played the game, but, I think it would be worth checking out what all the hype is about. And, further rumors are that there will be some additions to GTA3, no deletions. Also, I heard that Rockstar has already started the development for GTA4...this could be interesting :)

Imported
01-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
The last thing i read and heard is that GTA3 will NOT come out to the XBOX because BIG BILL said it was too violent and also it's set in NEW YORK. Soooooooooo because of what happened 9-11 well he doesn't want his machine to do anyting with that date.............. thats what i've heard........... probebly he changed his mind but who knows :)

*laughs*

Imported
01-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I feel bad for people who just bought an Xbox so they could play GTA3.

Why would you feel bad for someone that baught an Xbox to play a game that isnt even out yet?

manboy
01-16-2002, 09:07 PM
Why not?

xboxman_1
01-16-2002, 09:25 PM
What do you think Liberty City is supposed to be...?
Wow Heyyoudvd! Thanks for enlightening me! I know that it is just a copy of New York, but the point is, is that it isn't New York. :rolleyes:

bigguy316
01-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Love GTA3 but can't wait till GTA4, OH WELL RAW WILL BE OUT SOON.

http://www.wwfroyalrumble.com/wallpaper/images/wall2_thumb.jpg