PDA

View Full Version : Help

Shadowzatch
04-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Okay, well my freind brought his xbox to school to play after sat 9 testing was done, cause the teacher he has is cool like that.
He was bringing it home, but in sixth period he accidentally knocked it off the table.
Needless to say, the xbox proved the theory of gravity.
The front faceplate popped off. The rest of the xbox is okay, the face plate is fine, it will snap right back on, the problem is, it disconnected the wire that connects the power and eject buttons to the xbox. the wire is fine, its just not plugged in.
Is there anyway to like take the cover off to reconnect it?
Or if i need an expert is there any stores that anyone knows of that do repaires?
Cause i really dont want to go through microsoft cause they will probably make us send it in, which will cost like a hundred bucks to just plug in a stupid cable, and my friend doesnt really have that kind of money at the moment.
Any advice you guys could offer would be much appreciated.

Rem

Yankeez
04-29-2004, 06:08 PM
well you could open up the case and look for the wires that u said disconnected, unless those wires ripped, which then u will have to send it into MS

Shadowzatch
04-29-2004, 06:31 PM
thats what we tried to do, except we couldnt figure out how to open it and we didnt want to break it
how do you open it exactly?
i dont own an xbox, so i am very unfamiliar with the system, i am just trying to help out a freind

Cryogenic Pyro
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Take off all the stickers and foot pads, and the screws are under them. I'm pretty sure the screws are only under the foot pads and one sticker, but I'm not sure.

Shadowzatch
04-29-2004, 06:57 PM
thank you very much
we thought it snapped on or something
that would have been really bad if we tried to push the snapping idea
lol

edit: oh and thanks to everyone who helped me, especially since i dont own an xbox and really should not be on an xbox forum

SoundX
04-30-2004, 09:41 AM
This is why when I get my sats done, I'm bringing in my cube. Light, cheap to replace and less lightly to be damaged (in my opinion) and by the way, I've knocked my Cube of various desktops and nothing but scratches have been made. :)