PDA

View Full Version : The Devil "May" Cry on Xbox

X-Factor
01-15-2002, 05:54 PM
The keyword there is may. In a recent article in NextGen magazine, there was rumor of Devil May Cry landing on Xbox. But all we can take it as is a rumor. I'm not confirming or denying anything, but simply stating a rumor made by NextGen. Personally, I would loved to see an enhanced version of Devil May Cry come to Xbox. I just wish the Capcom, and other game developers would stop treating Xbox (GCN as well) like a port-machine.

I hope this rumor comes true!!!http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Toonz
01-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Although I am waiting for GTA3 I'd rather see original games for the Xbox built from the ground up with only it in mind so we can see what it can really do rather than a bunch of bland ports. I bought the best console I wanna see only the best looking games as well.

X-Factor
01-15-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Although I am waiting for GTA3 I'd rather see original games for the Xbox built from the ground up with only it in mind so we can see what it can really do rather than a bunch of bland ports. I bought the best console I wanna see only the best looking games as well.
Yeah, that's why I stated, "Capcom, and other developers need to stop treating Xbox like a port-machine. Developers need to realize that Xbox is the most developer-friendly system around. has the capabilities, but it's up to the developers to tap into them.

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Devil may Cry...eh, just resident evil with swords basically. No multiplayer=no replay value. Plus, in a game where ALL YOU DO is shoot stuff and swing a sword, its kind of pointless to buy when there's a video rental store not to far away...

X-Factor
01-20-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Devil may Cry...eh, just resident evil with swords basically. No multiplayer=no replay value. Plus, in a game where ALL YOU DO is shoot stuff and swing a sword, its kind of pointless to buy when there's a video rental store not to far away...
Resident Evil with Swords, huh? If that's what you think, then you obviously haven't played the game. This game in many ways is the exact opposite of Resident Evil.