PDA

View Full Version : Light gun games

SoundX
04-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Is it me or does Xbox need more Lightgun games? I mean House of the Dead 3 and Silent Scope are a good start, but we need more damnit. I was thinking of getting a lightgun and House of the Dead but the price was quite alot and considering there were only two games compatible. (Three counting the dire Starsky and Hutch) I just didn't see the point..

Your thoughts.

BananaMan
04-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I think if you really want light gun games, you can ride to your local mall and they have about ten. I just don't see lightgun games on consoles a big hit, at least not to me. :confused:

BunnyRabbit
04-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Actually those light gun games can be hella fun.. Especailly with a big like 50 inch screen... Some multiplayer House of the dead.. I mean its like real dudes coming at you and stuff on a bigger screen.. HELLA FUN!! lol

Stagliano
04-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Yep, light-gun games are great fun. If you've got friends (which may be pushing it a bit for some of us), they're good games to entertain people with. It's certainly a bit less nerdy (although is still pretty nerdy) and more sociable than sticking on something like Knights of the Old Republic.

I wish there were loads more light-gun games about too. Silent Scope wouldn't even work properly with our damned light-guns and we ended up having to return it. Therefore, all we've got on our X-Box is House of the Dead III (plus House of the Dead II of course). It's a terrible state of affairs for a fan of light-gun games.

We've even considered buying the Starsky and Hutch game. Is it really that bad?

BlindSniper
04-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it was vety fun but its not a game you can play hours at a time.....you get bored quickly.

Unreal
04-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Is it me or does Xbox need more Lightgun games? I mean House of the Dead 3 and Silent Scope are a good start, but we need more damnit. I was thinking of getting a lightgun and House of the Dead but the price was quite alot and considering there were only two games compatible. (Three counting the dire Starsky and Hutch) I just didn't see the point..

Your thoughts.
Althought I have House of the Dead 3. Light gun games are a dying genre. A developer has to desing something outside of the mold to make it worth it for a home console. The problem is, if the game is long, who is going to hold a gun for hours on end? and if its short, which most of them are. Its not worth it, when the game can only be enjoyed with an actual light gun. I like them, but they are going the way of 2D games. Which is sad :(

Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 12:46 AM
I love light gun games at the arcade, but I can't get into them at home. I had Time Crisis on my old PS, and I just couldn't get into it. Even on a 36 inch TV, I couldn't get comfortable to play it. Maybe it's just the military in me that I have to use marksmanship, and proper stances. But with the TV being too low, I don't know, I just didn't like playing at an angle, or sitting down.
I'd like to try silent scope, and play it laying down on my couch. Shooting prone like a sniper would be cool.