PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k2 or Inside Drive?

DT21
01-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Wait for 2k2 in March or get Inside Drive in the end of January?

robnyack
01-17-2002, 12:24 PM
NBA2k2 blows. seriously.

Wait for Inside Drive.

Spaztic
01-17-2002, 04:38 PM
NBA2k2 is the best basketball game ever...but I am going to wait until inside drive comes out...just to make sure I get the right one!!!

DT21
01-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Inside Drive got a 4.2 at TeamXbox, do you think that's a good enough score to buy the game? or wait for NBA 2k2 which will definitely be good?

i_dunno
01-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Yea, your right, NBA Inside Drive is gonna suck, NBA 2K2 is the greatest game of all time. I just played the ps2 version of it at my friends, and wow! its wicked. I cant wait for the xbox version.

DT21
01-22-2002, 11:34 PM
If anyone has NBA ID, what do you think of it?

DT21
01-24-2002, 04:24 PM
I got the game, but has anyone had some glitches or slowdown while playing the game?

X-Factor
01-25-2002, 10:54 AM
NBA Inside Drive 2002 is one of the better basketball sims out there. It recieved an 8.7 over at IGN.com. It is a very enjoyable basketball game, but I'd wait for NBA 2K2. Inside Drive's graphics are better, but 2K2 has less glitches. 2K2 is the most polished b-ball sim ever. The passing game is perfect. It is the most realistic basketball simulation ever concieved. It is secong to none when it comes to basketball. It has the most authenitic NBA feel out of any b-ball game out there. With a variety of shots, passes, dunks, cross-overs, and spins. You could drive to the hoop with Kidd, and say Alonzo went up to block your shot, you could pass it in mid air. Plus 2K2 has the all new zone defenses. Live, Courtside, Shootout, NBA 2 Night, Inside Drive, and any other basketball sim, don't even touch NBA 2K2. 2K2 is simply the best basketball game of all time. It has solid gameplay, with zero glitches, and loads of moves & options. But Microsoft is off to a good start with their first basketball franchise.

Dub
01-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Inside Drive is in one word, Incredible. I got it today, and me and my friends played it all day. It blows NBA Live out of the water and 2K2 for Dreamcast can't touch it either. The low post moves are so nice, from spinning off your man, to jump hooks, to fadeaways. By using your left trigger, you can box out for rebounds and post up on offense. And believe me, you have to use this to box out if you're going to get the rebound.

This is the best basketball game out, bar none.

Phiresun
01-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Let's bring out the cons first, no create a player:( No franchise! :( Michael Jordan sucks:cool:

Now the pros:

I love the gameplay totally, Deke moves enable youto put the fake with the body andthen follow with a crossover or spin to the basket. The jumpshots seem so on point. I had this feeling twice with Baskeball games the first with Sega Genisis and NBA Live '93 and Dreamcast NBA 2k1 the controls are tight just like it was for those games. Difference bar none is graphics and the arsenal of moves andcharacter control.

I can live without the missing franchise mode and create player mode this time, itis a must have in thenext version. I was and partially still a 2k series fan, but VC and Sega must do betternext season to knock M$ off what is already a great entry into the NBA and NFL. I bought NFL 2K2 and felt a little disappointed by the lack of innovation put into the xbox version. I remain confident next years series will come to fight hard for the number one position. Oh yeah, I forgot about EA Sports. Maybe they'll be inspired to bring a real sports game to XBOX next time around. M$ and Sega put them to shame this round.

Xboxfan123
01-28-2002, 07:15 PM
I have never played the Sega sports series but I have played NFL Fever by MS. When NBA Inside Drive came out I decided to buy it because I was impressed with what MS did with Fever.

Although there is no franchise mode, I'm playing an 82 games season with for me is long enough. I miss the create a player mode but I am playing as Vince Carter so I can live without it.

You may ask why anyone would buy a game without franchise mode or create a player? Well the AI so so good in this game that it feels like playing in a real game. The player move and react just like in the NBA. Even set to "rookie" the AI is VERY good. There are even injuries and the commentary is specific to the game. The graphics are amazing too. Anyone else argee?

Dub
01-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the AI. The computer actually plays with a mind and finds the open man when you double somebody. The superstars usually are more agressive and take more shots which I like. (No more scrubs like Tim Legler scoring 30 on you by draining 3's on NBA Live)

The graphics are just plain unmatched by anybody. They really using the X-Box power in this game.

I do miss the extras like franchise mode, create a player, and stuff like that, but the gameplay is so awesome, it's worth buying anyway. Me and 4 friends have a season going on now. Oh, and trades have to be legit or they get denied by the computer teams and they offer you trades too during the season, which is cool.

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 06:55 AM
Im going to say NBA inside drive becuase you dont know what people are saying about 2k2 becuase its not out yet so just get ISD and rent 2k2

tnrboy69
02-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone, I bought Inside Drive three days ago and I am still playing it non-stop. A friend of mine, rented nba 2k2 and We found that it is nothing more than a dreamcast port. Maybe the only improvement is the crowd. Overal I find ID to be bad ass and I am also playing the 82 game season and it is going to be long enough. About the xbox 2k2, they said they were going to make some serious upgrades so if i had to choose again might wait until march.... and then decide. But until then I will be playing Inside drive 24/7

DT21
02-08-2002, 03:56 PM
What teams are you all using in ID2002 for the season mode?

tnrboy69
02-09-2002, 08:18 PM
I am using the Rockets. Cause they have franchise

Loaded
02-21-2002, 04:11 PM
NBA2k2

bibek
03-02-2002, 11:23 AM
NBA 2K2 is definately going to be the better of the two. The only reason people are saying NBA ID is better, is because it is already out. and people have already bought or played it. When 2K2 comes out it will be undoubtfully the best basketball game out. But if you cant wait for it and need a basketball game then ID is the best one out now.

goingwreckless
03-02-2002, 03:06 PM
i probably say inside drive because nba 2k2 publisher is sega and sega made nfl 2k2 and it wasnt that fun so inside drive for me:eek: