PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL 2k5

Casper
05-01-2004, 10:18 AM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/510/510528p1.html

This WILL be another hit this year - adding an even larger broadcasting edge to the game (Trey Wingo, Suzy Kolber, Mel Kiper), brand new animations that are astounding (check out the vid with TO running) plus new Maximum Tackling - this game WILL be the best football game to date - screw the old fat drunk guy, go ESPN :hail:

:hump:

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_DolphinsTitans04inline_1083361459.jpg
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_JetsBengals01_1083361461.jpg
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_GiantsEages02_1083361459.jpg

Chaotic
05-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Looks awesome!!! It's amazing how much of an improvement these games make. When you think wow that looks killer, they come back with something that much better...

faceoff508
05-01-2004, 10:49 AM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_DolphinsTitans01inline_1083361459.jpg
Look at the muscles on this guy, what detail. Damn this game looks sweet.

Dgenx321
05-01-2004, 11:39 AM
The best news yet!!

So now you know about the new features, but there's still a word or two (maybe a couple hundred) about the graphics. ESPN rewrote the entire graphics library for the Xbox version of the game for 2005. That's right, started from scratch. The reason is simple: Every year the game was designed with the PS2 as the lead platform, then ported over to the Xbox. This move obviously didn't take advantage of the Xbox's superior graphics engine, so this year, the Xbox version was designed as the lead SKU, enabling the designers of the game push the Xbox engine to the max.

Don't waste your money on Madden on the XBOX..

Barrit
05-01-2004, 11:46 AM
if this title allows people to play online with updated rosters i'll definitely be picking this game up.

Yankeez
05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
if this title allows people to play online with updated rosters i'll definitely be picking this game up.
ineed it does, the question is if madden gets on XBL this year, how much will it affect sales for sega, but i have to admit looks like they really improved this game graphics wise, which i thought was impossible heh

ScorpionX
05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
(Trey Wingo, Suzy Kolber, Mel Kiper)

LEt me get this straight, they have the voice of Suzy but no Chris Berman? This is outrageous :watchout:

Casper
05-01-2004, 01:32 PM
LEt me get this straight, they have the voice of Suzy but no Chris Berman? This is outrageous :watchout:
No, he was on there last year, those 3 weren't - hence why I put them in ;)

Bakeman
05-01-2004, 02:16 PM
droooool...

One thing I hope they add is being able to see the box score of the games you simulate. That would be really sweet. It would even be better if you can sim the whole season and go back and check out the box score of ANY game.

Casper
05-01-2004, 02:24 PM
droooool...

One thing I hope they add is being able to see the box score of the games you simulate. That would be really sweet. It would even be better if you can sim the whole season and go back and check out the box score of ANY game.
Read the article, it has the new Gamecast where you can fast-forward through the game and then stop it at any point and take it over if you want. I guess they were having a problem with being able to go back into Gamecast mode after doing this, that's why I remembered it.

The second Franchise addition is a visual simulator. Think ESPN's Gamecast Live with a video game twist. 49er ball, run, pass, run, punt. You can watch what happens in a speedy simulation, meanwhile adjusting your sliders to affect the game. If you don't like how the computer is controlling your team, or if it's the last drive of the game and you need a touchdown, you can then jump in and play the remainder of the contest. The producer of the game still wasn't sure if you'd be able to jump back into the Gamecast once you start to play, but it's an issue they're working on.

If that's not enough, ESPN NFL will also incorporate living rosters into online play. So now, not only will you be able to play in leagues and tournaments with friends, but you will also be able to make trades, track injuries, and even check out all of your stats and schedules on the Web. In fact, everything you can track in season mode you will also be able to track online. But it's the living rosters addition that will make hardcore fans smile. Trading players with friends is one thing, but then to actually see it incorporated into your league, that's the kind of online functionality gamers have been dreaming about.

Bakeman
05-01-2004, 02:50 PM
yeah I read that...

That might take to long in my opinion, and I'd rather simulate it through quickly, like normal. And just get a box score.

That does sound like a good feature though. I definitly can't wait for this game.

RockTheCasba
05-01-2004, 04:44 PM
i will forever be a espn nfl football buyer ever since nfl 2k3 on xbox never went back to madden

CarGuy
05-01-2004, 05:00 PM
"So now, not only will you be able to play in leagues and tournaments with friends, but you will also be able to make trades, track injuries, and even check out all of your stats and schedules on the Web. In fact, everything you can track in season mode you will also be able to track online."

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

RockTheCasba
05-01-2004, 08:43 PM
yeah this game will definately have a lot of my time put into it.

Wolf
05-02-2004, 01:05 PM
looks awesome, but I think I might switch back to Madden since it is gonna support xbox live now.

Slowride
05-02-2004, 01:55 PM
NCAA football is where it's at. And with xbl support for NCAA 2005 it's a no brainer.

Wolf
05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
ya I will definitely be getting that one too
http://thewolfweb.com/photos/00021850.jpg

RockTheCasba
05-02-2004, 04:01 PM
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/ESPNNFL05_DolphinsTitans04inline_1083361459_1083433530.jpg

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_JetsBengals02_1083361461.jpg

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_RedskinsBucs01_1083361462.jpg

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_GiantsEages04_1083361460.jpg

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ESPNNFL05_GiantsEages03_1083361460.jpg

LTM360
05-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Looks like I'm finally getting a new sports game. I've been meaning to get ESPN Football once the price fell. Well the price is not $24.99 used, but now I see this game, and it looks unreal. Well... I'm getting this for $50 once it comes out. I suck at football games, but this one is a buy for me, so if anyone wants some quick wins online, im your man to play.

RockTheCasba
05-02-2004, 11:44 PM
lol sweet i will play u

Kortiz
05-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I can't wait. Since the NFL Draft last week -- I've been jonesing to see how they use Julius Jones for my Cowboys and K. Johnson...

DDC -- your nfl league -- I claim the Cowboys.

Bakeman
05-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Looks like I'm finally getting a new sports game. I've been meaning to get ESPN Football once the price fell. Well the price is not $24.99 used, but now I see this game, and it looks unreal. Well... I'm getting this for $50 once it comes out. I suck at football games, but this one is a buy for me, so if anyone wants some quick wins online, im your man to play.

I'll play you :)

I can't wait for this game. I have been playing the other game since I've heard about this one because I'm just dying to play any football now.

JJaX
05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
COol, Ill be picking this up!

Maybe i wont suck at this one :)

I curse a lot when i play these NFL games.

GreenWeenie
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Hecks yeah! this game is gonna be hot. Actually, all they have to do is pronounce the EAGLES correctly this year and I would be happy...

I can't wait. Since the NFL Draft last week -- I've been jonesing to see how they use Julius Jones for my Cowboys and K. Johnson...

DDC -- your nfl league -- I claim the Cowboys.

Count me in! Ill take the Eagles.

DZNUTZ
05-03-2004, 01:40 PM
KING KONG AINT GOT ISH ON ME!!!

hope everyone is puuurpuuuured for another season of getting your ass handed to you by Dz"king of espn"Nutz

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 04:32 PM
MAN, no wonder Microsoft bailed.
This looks as good as(or better) than Fever '04.

I was on with Madden forever, but I've been with Sega ever since NFL 2K2(Dreamcast), switched to Fever when Xbox came out. Now it looks as though I'll be back with Sega/ESPN.

Hmmm, I remember when Madden used to be the best. And I doubt that this Madden 2005 *port?* will match ESPN this time either.
And I wonder if Madden still has the same stupid button configuration. You know, the controls seem to switch entirely from offense to defense on the jump for passes versus jump to block.

Wolf
05-03-2004, 05:48 PM
i dont get what ppl are talking about with that control configuration thing with Madden; I guess I am just used to it, so it doesnt bother me.

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 06:03 PM
i dont get what ppl are talking about with that control configuration thing with Madden; I guess I am just used to it, so it doesnt bother me.

Saaay, aren't you suppose to be a Pirate????

Wolf
05-03-2004, 06:20 PM
hahaha my dad went to nc state. i dont like ecu. i'll pull for them sometimes like if they're playing carolina. My dad and I go to all the state home games do u like state?

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I see where Rivers went to...WTH did he go?

He did a lot better in the draft than was thought.

Wolf
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
he went to san diego. the giants actually picked him fourth but they traded him and a buttload of draft picks to san diego for eli manning(who they got w/ the first pick).

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 06:52 PM
I thought he went there but I was afraid to be seen as WRONG if I said that.

I went to ECU. What Football games do you have?

Wolf
05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
espn nfl football and ncaa 2003 and i cant remember if i traded in that first online fever game, but i havent played it in forever. oh and i dont mean to talk bad about ur alma mater haha, but lots of ecu fans around here hate state, so i have ended up disliking ecu a bit. I will pull for them occaisionally though, like I said.

CharlieHustle
05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
I never cared if EA support LIVE. Because if so, i wasnt gettin madden anyways. IM glad to see that VC is making strides to make the games better, and not goin the EA route by just updating the roster, and minor adjustments. Now if sega just advertise more, they will be on the ball.

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 07:50 PM
espn nfl football and ncaa 2003 and i cant remember if i traded in that first online fever game, but i havent played it in forever. oh and i dont mean to talk bad about ur alma mater haha, but lots of ecu fans around here hate state, so i have ended up disliking ecu a bit. I will pull for them occaisionally though, like I said.

Naturally...States had some great teams of late, they're gonna engender some animus.

Add me to your friends' list, I'm going to pick up ESPN Football in a couple.

Wolf
05-03-2004, 08:09 PM
btw...

Saaay, aren't you suppose to be a Pirate????

Saaay, aren't you suppose to be a Wolfpacker????

Anthony4sho
05-04-2004, 06:09 AM
I got the gawd damn dolphins right now if there is a league in the making!! :watchout:

Casper
05-04-2004, 08:41 AM
I got the gawd damn dolphins right now if there is a league in the making!! :watchout:
Oh hellll naw - not if I'm running it you ain't :bang: