PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Revolver Review

Duke
05-01-2004, 01:33 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/510/510445p1.html

Not quite what I hoped for, but still thinking about picking this one up.

I know Skoal's gotta be w/ me on this one.

thrAsher
05-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Huh, kind of a whack review, if you ask me. I'll wait and see what the rest of the Xbox sites have to say before I make up my mind. Sounds like a sure-fire rental. If multi is really good, though, I might just spring for it.

StudioAlex
05-01-2004, 04:19 PM
I like westerns, so I'll probably check it out.

Duke
05-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Huh, kind of a whack review, if you ask me. I'll wait and see what the rest of the Xbox sites have to say before I make up my mind. Sounds like a sure-fire rental. If multi is really good, though, I might just spring for it.

Unfortuantely for me, none of my friends (even though they are wholely imaginary) don't like playing the video games unless they are sports titles.

Single player was gonna sell this for me, and I still have hopes for it.

Westerns are badly and under-represented.

AmpedRider
05-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Duke Ill play with ya once Rockstar sends my copy. Sometime next week hopefully.

Jet
05-01-2004, 11:07 PM
What I had heard was that multi wasn't online, and there was only one level to play on. Have they added more to it?

Duke
05-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Nope, no xbl.

borka105
05-02-2004, 09:25 AM
how can you pick this game up when so many other "better" games are out or about to come out...?

trust when I say that this is one of those games that in a month will drop to 29.99. Westerns just aren't popular and thus I advice to wait and pick it up for cheaper...

-borka105

thrAsher
05-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Sports titles = yawn. They're so repetitive to me. I don't watch any sports, first off, so why in the hell would I play a sports game?

I'm thinking that Red Dead Revolver will be fun, but I'm looking forward to that vampire western FPS Darkwatch. I know it's not a straight western, but it looks like it could be an awesome title nonetheless. And I'm still considering picking up Dead Man's Hand if I can find a copy in the Used bin somewhere...

Shorezy
05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
It looks pretty good. Probably a renter. Man does that dude ever look like Eastwood and I like the idea of third person for a change. Thanks for the review!

Slowride
05-02-2004, 01:52 PM
no xbl no buy no rent. That's what having no cash does.

Duke
05-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Well anyone who's curious.

Played it and passed it. About 8 hours. There is a bounty hunter mode which gives you special objectives for each level after you complete the game.

It's fun, a lot of fun. Not the prettiest or best game out there, but as I've been waiting for a western worth playing for a long time, this fit the bill.

Played it on default difficulty, so I assume it can take longer if you want it to. Also unlockable difficulties after you finish the first couple or so.

Had I not been able to go through so quickly, I would have strongly considered buying it. But no live, not much replay, and don't generally have people over for gaming, so I'm glad I just rented.

The MP is alright. Haven't given it a shot w/ a real person yet, but there are bots. Nothing really special though. If you enjoy westerns and have friends to play w/ this might be worth picking up.

Just my 2 cents.

Brevity
05-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Nice, I think Othos is picking this up so I will play his.

Dragoro
05-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Great game in my oppinion, I know it dont mean much cause I dont post that often, but there it is.

Spaztic
05-13-2004, 10:08 AM
I was planning on renting this game and rallisport this weekend. I will let you all know how it is!