PDA

View Full Version : my dogs piece of crap Ninja Gaiden

Seckci
05-02-2004, 07:19 PM
ok so i went to the store to buy ninja gaiden cuase my freind said it was a good game so i traded my star wars academy and 30 bucks for it and well i bring it home and yea its fun bu8t then i get to the first boss and my health bar is like a little less the half of my screen and his comes up going all the way across and well i cant beat him hes like inposibble

so my question is how does everyone else like the game? do u think it sucks? can someone tell me how to beat him?

Jamo
05-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Look you're not the only one who has problems with him. He's actually one of the tougher bosses in the game. But trust me on this he's not the toughest but one of them. Get past him and it shouldn't be a problem. Until she shows up... but that's later. How many elixers do you got. If you have none and you have less than half health I'd suggest starting over. Sorry. He is somewhat halepless when you run up a wall jump and do a down slash. that gets him sometimes. Don't throw any shurikens at him. Watch out for his power move. Block a lot. Don't give up. Just try again until you beat his face in.

Yankeez
05-02-2004, 07:54 PM
we have a help thread incase you need help getting past any boss or part of the game

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52833

:)

LTM360
05-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I don't understand why you refer to it as 'GAYden' just because it's too difficult for you. Yeah, it's a hard game, and it's only gonna get harder. The game is fantastic, it just requires patience, and playing it over and over until you figure out the right combination it takes to take the boss out. I used the jump slash over and over and ran and repeat, worked for me, so I suggest tryin that.

BunnyRabbit
05-02-2004, 08:36 PM
I dont mean to stick it to you.. But I whooped him up without him touching me once on my second try.. Oh and jw.. New Floridian member.. Where in Florida you chillin at?

Seckci
05-02-2004, 08:40 PM
I dont mean to stick it to you.. But I whooped him up without him touching me once on my second try.. Oh and jw.. New Floridian member.. Where in Florida you chillin at?
jacksonville and i just beat him took me about 4 tries but i beat him using 3 potions and a revile thingy!!!!woot!!!halla!!

BunnyRabbit
05-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh well yeah on my first try I used up like all of my potions.. Youll get better with a wee bit of practice.. Trust me youre gonna cry and become strong and green on chapter 2s boss...

thegamepeddler
05-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Most of the bosses are pretty easy, you just have to think more like a button-mashing cheater. I've seen alot of "strategies" for beating the first boss and the vast majority are totally over-complex. All you have to do is get relatively close to him, then start hammering away at the X button. If you lock swords, keep hammering and you slice and dice. If he gets a chance to hit you, the only thing you have to worry about is timing the difference between his attack-attack-attack and attack-attack-pause-strong attack. Thats easily done by listening to his grunting. If there is a slight pause after the second grunt, you hammer away at the X button again instead of waiting for the 3rd strike before you begin your attack.

The boss that made me quit the game was Alma, and that was mainly because of the crappy camera angle I often got stuck with and the fact that there is a long build up to get to her from the last save point which I got tired of running through. Nevertheless, she is just as beatable as any other boss, but still definitely not easy.

Reclaimer
05-02-2004, 09:45 PM
ok so i went to the store to buy ninja gaiden cuase my freind said it was a good game so i traded my star wars academy and 30 bucks for it and well i bring it home and yea its fun bu8t then i get to the first boss and my health bar is like a little less the half of my screen and his comes up going all the way across and well i cant beat him hes like inposibble

so my question is how does everyone else like the game? do u think it sucks? can someone tell me how to beat him?

Greetings Seckci to the greatest Xbox site you can possibly find.
For starters, I edited the word Gay out of the title of the thread. I felt that was inappropriate on many levels.

Secondly, the nun-chuck boss in the begining is pretty tough. It took me awhile to get him beat. The good news is that you don't have to kill him, and the fight stops when you get him down pretty good.
The best plan I used was plenty of those powerful jumping wall strikes. You know, where you come straight down into a strike. I managed to manuever him near a corner and I just kept doing that until the round was over.
The hardest part was going in with less life because all those white ninjas you have to fight before hand wore me down. Good thing you save the game before hand.

mattgame
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I finished the game and cannot agree with anyone who says the game is less than one of the best ever. To beat Gaiden you have to be patient and prepared. Find everything you can find save when you can and when you get to the bosses be patient. Study them and attack and get the hell outta there! Good luck and welcome. :cheers:

CarGuy
05-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I took me forever to beat him but it is possible.. I doesn't get any easier either. I hope you dont mind playing the same areas over and over and over and over and over... and over.

l Maximus l
05-03-2004, 01:59 AM
bwahahahaha! If you think the first guy is tough, wait until you play the second boss! Seriously, that horseman boss is a bizatch! For some reason, I had a more challenging time beating him than any other boss... probably because Ryu is limited to how many moves and stuff at that point in the game...

Damn, Ninja Gaiden is bad ass...

Prelude670
05-03-2004, 10:24 AM
I did'nt have much trouble with the first two bosses. I LOVED the Airship level. I'm having some troubles with the black ninjas though. Does anyone else just run through the areas where they are? I do this especially when it's my 2nd trip through an area where I know they're going to be. I just try to run along the walls and get to a door. Do you suppose this is ok? I'm tired of these exploding shurikens, but I don't want to miss anything either.

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 11:28 AM
I did'nt have much trouble with the first two bosses. I LOVED the Airship level. I'm having some troubles with the black ninjas though. Does anyone else just run through the areas where they are? I do this especially when it's my 2nd trip through an area where I know they're going to be. I just try to run along the walls and get to a door. Do you suppose this is ok? I'm tired of these exploding shurikens, but I don't want to miss anything either.

I initially hated them, but once you figure them out, they're pretty easy.
Do the roll maneuver, where you block and press in any direction and the explosions won't hurt you. Also, stay in the air by using the x,y,xxx combo on a foe. The other Ninjas won't hurt you in the air w/this combo. Plus, use the running slash(running towards a foe then press x).

Unreal
05-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Is Ninja Gaiden hard? Yes. Is it bad that its hard? No way. I think its about time a game makes you learn the advanced moves in order to move through it. The better you get with the gameplay mechanics, the easier the game gets. Hack-slash, Hack-slash and repeat will not get you far in the game. Stick with it, you will get better :D

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Greetings Seckci to the greatest Xbox site you can possibly find.
For starters, I edited the word Gay out of the title of the thread. I felt that was inappropriate on many levels.

How is referring to Gaiden as Gayden inappropriate on MANY levels?

This kind of censorship seems a bit extreme.

bretman1234
05-03-2004, 02:11 PM
What does your dogs piece of crap have to do with Ninja Gaiden?

mattgame
05-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Ninja Gaiden makes you a better gamer trust me. BTW the mods make the decisions and without them it would be total chaos here so why ask why?

CRAYMAN
05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Ninja Gaiden makes you a better gamer trust me. BTW the mods make the decisions and without them it would be total chaos here so why ask why?

Why ask why??? Try Bud Dry!!!

Anyway, some censorship is necessary and the moderators serve a necessary purpose.
However, it's a free country and you should, more times than not, "ASK WHY".
Don't be a sheep.

Not allowing the title of the man's thread to read "Gayden", is a bit silly at best and an infringement at worst. Is it offensive to homosexuals???

Oh well, I feel it's OK to question authority or to ask "why."

(I hope I'm not censored)

Seckci
05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
o yea im on chapter 4 but i cant find out what ki is used for. i think its used for those ninpo things but i dont know how to use those can someone explain to me?

Reclaimer
05-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Why ask why??? Try Bud Dry!!!

Anyway, some censorship is necessary and the moderators serve a necessary purpose.
However, it's a free country and you should, more times than not, "ASK WHY".
Don't be a sheep.

Not allowing the title of the man's thread to read "Gayden", is a bit silly at best and an infringement at worst. Is it offensive to homosexuals???

Oh well, I feel it's OK to question authority or to ask "why."

(I hope I'm not censored)

Because we have to strive to make these forums as family friendly as possible. It's an uphill battle, but it's done. You guys are not the only people who see these forums. PR reps from video game companies view the site, the MS PR guys check this place out too. If we want to do an interview, or ask for products to give away, the companies come and look at the place to see if that's where they want to pitch their goods. MS makes sure we are not doing anything bad, and if we keep them happy then we get all the clearances we need to do the stuff we do.
I don't mind you asking why I do the stuff I do.
I felt that making the reference like that was inappropriate, and to keep everyone happy, I removed it. I didn't change anything else.
I'm just trying to look out for the best of this place, and I'm sure you understand.

CRAYMAN
05-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Because we have to strive to make these forums as family friendly as possible. It's an uphill battle, but it's done. You guys are not the only people who see these forums. PR reps from video game companies view the site, the MS PR guys check this place out too. If we want to do an interview, or ask for products to give away, the companies come and look at the place to see if that's where they want to pitch their goods. MS makes sure we are not doing anything bad, and if we keep them happy then we get all the clearances we need to do the stuff we do.
I don't mind you asking why I do the stuff I do.
I felt that making the reference like that was inappropriate, and to keep everyone happy, I removed it. I didn't change anything else.
I'm just trying to look out for the best of this place, and I'm sure you understand.

I understand, it just seemed to me, a bit overzealous.

Anyway, it beats the alternative.
I was on the TXB site before I found XBA, and I recently ventured back over there.
That site is replete with profanity and childish sexual references to the extreme in some instances.
I brought it to the attention of the admin's and they basically made excuses as to why they can't catch everyone because they were sooo busy keeping things in the proper forums. I told them their priorities were wrong and it wasn't like that at other sites(XBA).
They temporarily banned the few I pointed out as examples, but I haven't been back since as I'm not sure anything has changed from their reaction to my posts.

Keep up the GREAT work, XBA! :hail:

Shadow20002
05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Use wall attack, your chances to hit him is 1/5. :)

Brutus
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Hahahah!
I did. DOn't anymore though. All my weopons are bumped up to superstatus and I just kick everyone's butt! I'm loving this game!
I haven't finished it yet because I work WAY TOo much!
The reason I like this game is because I used to wine just like all of you, then I decided to put my nose to the grind stone because I wanted to find out what happened to _______ when _________ and OMG _________________ that was so
f_ing cooL!
I'm not putting it down because this game is this cool.
Play it. Get beat. Beat it. Be Happy!