PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with a keyboard and a mouse?

Dave the rookie
01-15-2002, 11:34 PM
:)

Hello...lurker here just found your site and its one of the few ive bothered to sign up for. Very fast loading times and good community. Bravo!

On topic: I've seen posts recently on XBOX recieving "PC Componets". I have no idea if this is true, but hypotheticaly speaking, would this really be a bad thing? I know it turns many off because of the "MS is a PC thing", but in my mind it could possibly open up a new library of games which would be unplayable on any other console. Sure I have a PC, but recent PC games I've bought have been buggy if not unplayable. Thoughts?

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Well let me be da first to welcome you to the best d@mn xbox dedicated site out their Dave.
You made a excellent choice in joining the forum dat your hero & role model Ninja jubei built! :D

Seriously though, enjoy your time here. Anything you need, question or whatever. The guys here will help you with anything Xbox,... or your love life! :D

As far as your question about da keyboards & mouses go,.. well, you really answered your own question.
But when games like Phantasy Star Online ship im sure you will see 3rd party keyboards and things of that nature. :)

LynxFX
01-16-2002, 12:48 AM
As good as the xbox controller is I still want a mouse and keyboard for FPS games. I do hope someone comes out with it.

GokuX
01-16-2002, 12:57 AM
I really think they need to get past all that and just release a keyboard and mouse, it would offer a much greater experience than a joystick could offer, perhaps they wanna make more money on the controllers first for the moment since it is likely if a keyboard and mouse was available at launch many consumers would opt for that instead of a controller if all they were gonna buy was HALO. I have no doubt that the keyboard has to be in the works. They need to release an optical mouse along with a matching keyboard. U know what would be even more "far-fetched" but weirdly sane would be the commissioning of a gaming mouse for the Xbox from the company that once made the Razor Mouse, I know the company was having financial troubles last I heard. It would be a gaming mouse so they'd lose some of the PC ishness since it's a mouse specifically for gaming. Hmmm the possibilites.

Hugh_Jass
01-16-2002, 08:37 AM
I have no idea how I would use a keyboard or mouse with my XBOX. I want to relax in my Lane Comfort King recliner, which is great for the standard MS controller but an ergonomical nightmare for a keyboard and mouse.

I believe we need to get beyond the keyboard and mouse fetish. The voice commander has us covered for conversation and possibly voice recognition. I'd love to see what they can do with that new VR glove that is coming out soon for XBOX. Between the two of them I think it would be easier to play an RTS or FPS.

Rancey
01-16-2002, 09:28 AM
I agree with Hugh, how many people play their Xbox's sitting on a couch, bean bag or something like that as opposed to a desk? I know for a lot of people they simply can't have a kb & mouse because of where they sit. I can't see any point in a kb & mouse without being able to play on a monitor aswell.

wizkid918
01-16-2002, 03:15 PM
I really think they need to get past all that and just release a keyboard and mouse, it would offer a much greater experience than a joystick could offer, perhaps they wanna make more money on the controllers first for the moment since it is likely if a keyboard and mouse was available at launch many consumers would opt for that instead of a controller if all they were gonna buy was HALO. I have no doubt that the keyboard has to be in the works. They need to release an optical mouse along with a matching keyboard. U know what would be even more "far-fetched" but weirdly sane would be the commissioning of a gaming mouse for the Xbox from the company that once made the Razor Mouse, I know the company was having financial troubles last I heard. It would be a gaming mouse so they'd lose some of the PC ishness since it's a mouse specifically for gaming. Hmmm the possibilites.
actually in my newest Maximum PC, it turns out that the razor mouse is in fact coming back, i figure spread the news to the right people and who knows, maybe we will have a keyboard and sweet gaming mice :)

Xboxmaster2001
01-16-2002, 03:20 PM
I herd there were going to be 3rd party KB's and Mouses so i hope thats true becase i want one for PSO!!!

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Personally, I think it would be cool if they added a keyboard and mouse, but, I cannot see myself using them. I am a console gamer at heart and I enjoy the logistics of the game controller over a keyboard and mouse. When I think of a keyboard, I think of coming to this website, not playing video games.

The reason why I think it would be cool if they came out with a keyboard and mouse is because it would be great for people that actually enjoy them, though, I wouldn't get them myself.

And, Hugh said it best...I like to chill in my living room chair...not at a desk staring at a screen only two feet from my eyes. I like to kick back and bust out a can of whoop ass on the normal XBox controllers :D

Xboxmaster2001
01-16-2002, 03:31 PM
the only reason i want a KB is because of PSO because i doubt they will support voice chat and i want a mouse for HL2 and UC2

maneatingcow
01-16-2002, 03:57 PM
I think releasing a mouse/keyboard would be a great idea for the xbox.

I have heard many PC users complain about the XBox's massive controllers (I personally find it fine). The mouse and keyboard could be an alternative for the avid PC gamer (No magazine pun intended :p ), and would allow them to play their favorite PC games (Unreal) On the XBox with no time needed to adapt.

Bottom Line: I am all for it

CO1
01-16-2002, 04:12 PM
A device something like the Nostromo n50 SpeedPad would solve the problem of being able to sit back in a chair to play games. Combine that with an optical mouse that can be used on any surface and problem solved. All of us guys that love FPS with a keyboard/mouse would be happy and the guys that can only use game pads might give it a try. You could use it in your Lazy-boy or that desk.….I mean coffee table that most of us have right in front of us when we are playing games on the XBox. I really think this is bullS.H.I.T because if there is a demand by the consumer the manufacture should provide the product. Check out the other XBox boards because there are a lot of other people asking for a keyboard and mouse. If I owned a store that sold “A” brand of beer and I had a lot of customers asking for “X” brand of beer I’d be an idiot not to also sell the other brand. I can’t believe something as simple as this is such a big deal.

http://images.belkin.com/F8GFPC001/FUL1_F8GFPC001.jpg

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by CO1
A device something like the Nostromo n50 SpeedPad would solve the problem of being able to sit back in a chair to play games. Combine that with an optical mouse that can be used on any surface and problem solved. All of us guys that love FPS with a keyboard/mouse would be happy and the guys that can only use game pads might give it a try. You could use it in your Lazy-boy or that desk.….I mean coffee table that most of us have right in front of us when we are playing games on the XBox. I really think this is bullS.H.I.T because if there is a demand by the consumer the manufacture should provide the product. Check out the other XBox boards because there are a lot of other people asking for a keyboard and mouse. If I owned a store that sold “A” brand of beer and I had a lot of customers asking for “X” brand of beer I’d be an idiot not to also sell the other brand. I can’t believe something as simple as this is such a big deal.

http://images.belkin.com/F8GFPC001/FUL1_F8GFPC001.jpg

I'm not a big PC gamer compared to being a console gamer...but, I would give this a shot. Seems kinda cool :)