PDA

View Full Version : Viewtiful Joe on Xbox?

OuFtb
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Poor Xbox owners, they are getting the major snub from Japanese publishers of late. Most recently was the announcement that Viewtiful Joe 2 would come for PS2 and GameCube. Note that the other major console, Xbox, was not mentioned in any announcement. To add salt to the wound, PS2 owners will also get a port of the original Joe. Xbox? Nada. We went straight to Capcom seeking an explanation as to why the company had seemed to have given up on Xbox. Why wouldn't there be Viewtiful Joe 2 on Xbox?

Capcom's official stance on VJ 2 was not one suggesting that there would never be a Joe on Microsoft's system. In fact, it was quite the opposite: "Currently development is focused on the PS2 and GameCube. However, we are evaluating the possibility of bringing this to the Xbox system."

That's not a yes, but that's not the "no" we were expecting. So it is possible that Viewtiful Joe 2 will make a showing on Xbox. As for future development of other games on Xbox, a Capcom representative said, "We are in the process of creating future Xbox titles, two of which will be released this fiscal year. We are looking to expand our product line-up to include more Xbox titles."

Dry those tears Xbox owner. Capcom doesn't hate you. We'll hopefully have more on these new titles in development at E3 next week.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/510/510971p1.html

I would be cool if they brought Viewtiful Joe to Xbox, or Capcom would make more games for Xbox, hopfully at least one of them happens, and one of the titles Capcom is making for Xbox is said to be Street Fighter Aniversity(sp?) should here more at E3, havent heard anything on the second one.

thrAsher
05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
BAH! TEASE! You're evil, man, E-VIL!

:bang:

I'd love to see VJ make it to the X, that way I can forego buying a dang 'Cube.

CharlieHustle
05-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Well maybe its just me, but i could care less about that game. I hate games like that anyways. It can stay where it is, for all i care.

The Jackal
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
haha that game looks sweet... only to rent though

Unreal
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Well maybe its just me, but i could care less about that game. I hate games like that anyways. It can stay where it is, for all i care.
I have the first Viewtiful Joe on my GameCube. If you played the game you would care. I for one hope that it comes to the Xbox. Part 2 that is. It is always good to get more games and more genre's of games. :D

BunnyRabbit
05-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah I think Viewtiful Joe is possibly one of the best games on the Cube.. Would be nice stuff to see the xbox get the death grips on it..

StudioAlex
05-04-2004, 10:10 AM

You are the ENEMY!