PDA

View Full Version : Halo & Brute Force Bundle, and SCI to make Rogue Trooper game.

OuFtb
05-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Halo & Brute Force Bundle

Halo, you know, that game everyone loves and Brute Force, the game former IGNXbox Editor Kaiser Hwang once called "a Halo Killer," are joining forces. Microsoft is bringing out an Action Double Pack, packaging in both of the above-mentioned games. The only catch is that Xbox.com lists this only as a Canadian release. No mention of a broader North American release could be found and Microsoft would not confirm that the Pack would come stateside.

For $64.99 Canadian ($47.50 US), gamers will get both Halo and Brute Force a savings of $20 Canadian. This isn't such a great deal for a U.S. consumer, as Halo retails for $30 and Brute Force $20 in the states. No other extras appear to be included in the double-pack.
We'll have more on this story, once the Action Double Pack is announced for the U.S. Oh wait, that's supposed to read, "if the Action Double Pack is announced for the U.S." Yeah, that's the stuff. If.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/511/511233p1.html

SCI SIGNS ROGUE TROOPER

SCi has signed an agreement to publish Rebellion's Rogue Trooper game, the former company has revealed in a corporate press statement.
UK developer Rebellion has been working on its Rogue Trooper title for some time. It's the studio's second game to be based on a comic strip from 2000AD.

Speaking to Rebellion earlier today about the game, it wouldn't give too much away, but did confirm that it's third-person action.

"Scenarios are currently being worked on where the guys on the gun, helmet and backpack are placed in different locations to allow for co-ordinated attacks," the developer said in reference to Rogue's three former battle comrades, now biochip buddies, who reside in these items.

SCi had little to add, other than suggesting we "keep and eye on the SCi website" for further details.

Rogue Trooper is in development for PS2 and Xbox. Release date to be announced.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=103978

Not the biggest news but its all I've seen today. The bundle, for Canadians you save 20 bucks so thats good, but I would guess most people already bought Halo and most people hate Brute Force so I don't see it doing great, but mabey I'm wrong.

The Rogue Trooper game sounds good just cause its another Xbox game. :D

BORNGD
05-04-2004, 04:49 PM
I'll get that brute force and halo pack...i sold my halo a while ago, kinda miss it...and always wanted to play brute force...nice pack

WrathfulPoppa
05-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Brute Force is a nice game to pick up if you're big on single-console multiplayer but it's single-player game is not worth playing if you don't have anyone else playing with you. This is definately a great multiplayer pack though, if you and your friends get together on Xbox lan parties then pick this up.

Unreal
05-04-2004, 05:45 PM
I saw Brute Force on sale for 19.99 (Canadian) of course. I still don't know if I want to buy it though :rofl:

SoundX
05-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Action Packs eh? It's a good idea. Get them over to Europe damnit!