PDA

View Full Version : How do u know what kind of dvd drvie your xbox has?

blazenko
05-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey i just bought a new xbox today and i know that my last xbox had a thomson drive because it couldn't read burned cds. But how do u know whether my new xbox has a philips or a samsung? And what's the differance between the two? :)

Reclaimer
05-04-2004, 05:24 PM
There is a way to tell by looking at the hole in the DVD tray. Each drive is slotted differently. I don't have the link on hand, I'm looking for it. But maybe someone can post it up in the meantime.
I have a Thompson drive, had it for the last 2 years and it hasn't failed me yet.

OuFtb
05-04-2004, 05:34 PM
http://www.home.no/emus/tutorial/philips_thomson_samsung.jpg

There you go. I came across another picture, don't know how but it happened, hopfully its clearer than the last one. I have the Thompson and besides having to get it fixed once its worked great after that.

Zman5225
05-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks for posting those pics, I was just wondering what my new Xbox had in it. After checking, looks like I got the phillips :)

_z

Reclaimer
05-04-2004, 11:15 PM
http://www.home.no/emus/tutorial/philips_thomson_samsung.jpg

There you go. I came across another picture, don't know how but it happened, hopfully its clearer than the last one. I have the Thompson and besides having to get it fixed once its worked great after that.

Thanks Ouftb, now you know why I came to you a couple of days ago..
People's efforts around here don't go unnoticed.

SoundX
05-05-2004, 05:03 AM
I've noticed that the Thompson's are either really queit, or the Phillips really loud. My Crystal has a Phillips and my soon to be modded thompson, is much queiter.. there's a big difference. Also the Phillips seem to make more... clicking, buzzing, and whatever effects...

BunnyRabbit
05-05-2004, 08:18 AM
I got the Samsung as my second one.. That is after my first one.. My thompson broke.
I dont know why, but it seems as if it runs so much smoother and quietly than my Thompson did.. Maybe one day Ill get the phillips..For my Xbox 2 maybe? lolz

Or wait.. Will it have varying makers or what not?