PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

OuFtb
05-05-2004, 07:51 AM
EA has today announced the official name of GoldenEye 2. The sequel of sorts to Rare's N64 James Bond-themed first-person shooter goes under the name GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

No donning 007's tuxedo in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, oh no. Instead, players assume the role of the villain, in fact a 00 agent dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality who is hired as an enforcer by Auric Goldfinger. EA calls this turn of tables "a radical twist to the Bond franchise" that "makes the player's goal to rule the world rather than save it".

An outlining of the utterly contrived plotline for the game reveals the awful truth behind the lead character's nickname GoldenEye. Caught up in a confrontation between Goldfinger and Dr No for control of the world's greatest criminal organisation, the rogue 00 agent loses an eye during a particularly bloody encounter with the latter master-villain.

"Goldfinger's technicians replace it [the missing eye] with a gold-hued, synthetic eye, earning the player the name 'GoldenEye'," we're told. Oh dear. Perhaps we should just be thankful that he didn't lose a testicle instead.

Players have the ability to customise and upgrade their villain persona and rise through the ranks through the game, and the storyline will find GoldenEye bumping into a number of classic Bond bad guys and bits on the side including Oddjob, Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and ***** Galore.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent's missions and locations are typical Bond affairs, with the likes of the mountains of Switzerland, the streets of Hong Kong, Fort Knox and Dr. No's Crab Key lair in the Caribbean playing stage for the action. EA promises that such action will be augmented by enemies that "react intelligently in combat situations and use the environment to their advantage for intense and unpredictable shootouts."

Xbox and GameCube versions of GoldenEye: Rogue Agent will feature single-player and split-screen offline multiplayer, while the PS2 outing will get this plus online multiplayer support as well.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is due later in the year. Believe us when we say we're dying to tell you more, but with EA holding an NDA-shaped Walther PPK to our heads, you'll just have to wait until E3. Suffice it to say, it'll be well worth the wait...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=104007

Xbox will have single player and splitscreen while PS2 will feature online play also, ready...set....Flame EA.............j/k...:D
Won't be suprized if it actully happens though, Hopfully EA starts with Xbox Live before this game comes out so they can change there minds and give the Xbox online play to, won't happen but would be nice.

Ninja
05-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Lame, you can't have a Bond game without Janes Bond. I don't want to play the evil sob 00.

Shadow20002
05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow... that's new style..play as a vilain instead of the hero.

rolling stone
05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
EA can't make a bond game as good as the original goldeneye...i wish they would quit raping the bond franchise.

didn't M$ sign the people from Rare that made goldeneye anyway or something?

Ninja
05-05-2004, 10:31 AM
But who wants to play ZeroZero boy? Not me. EA is still raping Ultima Online1. LoL LoL

jelgiad
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
how is this a Sequel? it dosent follow the same story as GoldenEye (GoldenEye is a satelite, not a rogue 00 agent w/ occular "bling bling"), they didnt mention anything about Bond, you're just a villian competeing with other villians stripped from the bond movies. The only good Bond game was GoldenEye, but at least the previous bond pieces of crap from EA had believeable stories

Ninja
05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
how is this a Sequel? it dosent follow the same story as GoldenEye (GoldenEye is a satelite, not a rogue 00 agent w/ occular "bling bling"), they didnt mention anything about Bond, you're just a villian competeing with other villians stripped from the bond movies.

It's not, There just raping the name for higher sales.

Ninja
05-05-2004, 12:49 PM
I bet they will call the next Janes Bond game after this GoldenEye3. They are trashing the name "GoldenEye" & "Janes Bond".

Unreal
05-05-2004, 01:57 PM
It's not, There just raping the name for higher sales.
I know I will put my money towards better games.

SoundX
05-05-2004, 02:02 PM
My god this sucks. Will EA own the James Bond Liscensed games for ever? Somebody quick, sell them to microsoft and get rare to make a proper damn sequil.

CMX Jedi
05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
how an you call this a sequel??? it realy has nothing to do with goldeneye (sept the guy has a golden eye)
ready...set....Flame EA.............j/k...
no not just kidding, EA is official off my christmas card list. :mad: F U EA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ninja
05-05-2004, 02:12 PM
My god this sucks. Will EA own the James Bond Liscensed games for ever? Somebody quick, sell them to microsoft and get rare to make a proper damn sequil.

I hope not, but they payed for it for set number of years. I hope that runs out soon.

Ninja
05-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Why can't MGM or what ever the hell they call themselfs make there own damn James Bond games?

CMX Jedi
05-05-2004, 02:16 PM
ninja you double posted you wanker!!!.. hahaha J/K
but EA cant make any good james bond games.they should just stick to sports games

Ninja
05-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Anyone know when EA's right to JB ends?

Ninja
05-05-2004, 02:21 PM
The agreement, for one of the most popular video game licenses in history, will be continued until 2010.

http://gamecube.gamezone.com/news/05_12_03_11_17AM.htm

6 more years of EA craping on James Bond. :(

CMX Jedi
05-05-2004, 02:35 PM
2 double posts in a row. but yeah EA will renew it and there will be no good james bonds for the rest of eturnity

Ninja
05-05-2004, 03:43 PM
2 double posts in a row. but yeah EA will renew it and there will be no good james bonds for the rest of eturnity

Maybe the Earth will open & suck EA in.

Carnage.GOV
05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Lame, you can't have a Bond game without Janes Bond. I don't want to play the evil sob 00.

JANE BONDS wtf

Unreal
05-05-2004, 06:08 PM
6 more years of EA craping on James Bond. :(
There is no god (Shakes Fist At The Sky) ;) :p

ghost 009
05-05-2004, 06:44 PM
EA is ****ing retarded. So is rare for not making a good game in 3 years. Starfox, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong racing, donkey kong, jet force gemini, and perfect dark. Then they made complete crap, put screenshots out of perfect dark being cell shaded (cartoony), switched to microsoft, and haven't made a good game since the launch of gamecube. I mean I want PD on xbox but Rare was supposed to be for nintindo. I bring rare up because they made the first bond game and at the end it said "james bond will return". I guess they just let EA take it.. wtf