PDA

View Full Version : OXM June

Xorg
05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
This issue is awsome, it has a playable demo of The Chronicles of Riddic k and all new info for halo 2, I havent played the demo yet but I'll be sure to let everyone now how it is after :hump:

CMX Jedi
05-05-2004, 02:32 PM
havent got mine yet. :cry: damn post lady. is it good???

JADE8704
05-05-2004, 03:35 PM
How is the Rid**** demo? Is it worth $50?

Unreal
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
This issue is awsome, it has a playable demo of The Chronicles of Riddic k and all new info for halo 2, I havent played the demo yet but I'll be sure to let everyone now how it is after :hump:
What's wrong with you. You can't create a thread about having Rid**** and not post impressions :cuss: ;) :p :D I am waiting..........

Seckci
05-05-2004, 06:52 PM
havnt got mine yet but if rid**** is anything like break down, its not for me. my last issue disc didnt even work, pissed me off. i requested anouther cd said it would take 4 to 5 weeks, makes me sick.

Xorg
05-05-2004, 06:59 PM
What's wrong with you. You can't create a thread about having Rid**** and not post impressions :cuss: ;) :p :D I am waiting..........
Whats wrong with me? anyways, the demo plays fine, the graphics are great. For the most part the frame rate was fine, sometimes it slowed down, but rarely and Im sure it will be fixed. In the demo you get to fistfight someone, use an assault rifle, and a shotgun. there is also a section with stealth were you can break some necks. The game is fulll of profanity, great graphics, nice gameplay, and a very cool menu.

How is the Rid**** demo? Is it worth $50?
No, but the full game sure is

Anthony4sho
05-05-2004, 07:04 PM
There are scans and text of all of the Halo 2 article down in the Halo 2 forum.

Unreal
05-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Whats wrong with me?
It was a joke. Hence the wink and tongue smilie. Thanks for the impressions. :cheers:

kenji
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
havnt got mine yet but if rid**** is anything like break down, its not for me. my last issue disc didnt even work, pissed me off. i requested anouther cd said it would take 4 to 5 weeks, makes me sick.One of my disk didn't work, and I got really pissed off, so I posted hear and someone gave me a very strange solution. Boil it in water. If you boil the disk with the logos face up for 15 seconds, let it air dry, then wash it with cold water, then dry it with a towel or something, the disk works like new! Try it!!! It really works!! :cheers:

I can't wait for my issue. Rid**** probably isn't my type of gme, but it is always awsome to explore new frontiers. :cheers:

Wolf
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
i wont get my hopes up for the demo, I doubt the disc will even work. my last 2 haven't anyway. :bang:

Xorg
05-06-2004, 06:21 AM
It was a joke. Hence the wink and tongue smilie. Thanks for the impressions. :cheers:
I know, I just felt like adding something else to my post...

Unreal
05-06-2004, 12:34 PM
I know, I just felt like adding something else to my post...
My bad :p

mattgame
05-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Graphically, what game does it compare to? How are the controls? I'm talking about Rid**** of course. :)

ShannonX
05-08-2004, 10:12 AM
i enjoyed the metal slug 3 playable demo more than the other ones... might have to pick that game up... didn't care for the rid**** demo at all.

Shadow20002
05-08-2004, 10:55 AM
hmm...halo scans in the halo 2 forum...

Uchiha Sasuke
05-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah the latesty issue of OXM is pretty damn good. I suggest everyone pick it up.

Xorg
05-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Graphically, what game does it compare to? How are the controls? I'm talking about Rid**** of course. :)
I would say the graphics are almost in par with halo 2 and they are better than all other xbox games to date, the controls are pretty good and it blends stealth with it good too.

Duke
05-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Graphics are good, but not better than any Xbox game to date. Controls felt a little sloppy especially when it came to punching.

Great job on making you look like Vin.

Wasn't all that exciting, but enough that I'll give it a rent and maybe buy. Not enough to make me be waiting at the store on release. Demos rarely do that for me though so eh.

mattgame
05-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll get the mag and check it out.

ShannonX
05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Graphics are good, but not better than any Xbox game to date. Controls felt a little sloppy especially when it came to punching.

Great job on making you look like Vin.

Wasn't all that exciting, but enough that I'll give it a rent and maybe buy. Not enough to make me be waiting at the store on release. Demos rarely do that for me though so eh.

i hear ya, if anything, i might rent it, but thats doubtful since my local stores never cary xbox games it seems, or they are always rented out. Definately not wasting my money on it to buy it.

and the graphics lookd good, but not really good enough to call them the best of any xbox game.

Prior
05-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Nice to know that the new oxm is good i still gotta wait till it comes in to Chapters or Multimags :mad:

CrispyBacon
05-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I would say it's the best OXM I think I've gotten (signed up 2 years ago). The Halo 2 article speaks for itself, but it also has an interview about Jade Empire and the Rallisport 2 review. The disc is awesome though. It has 4-5 movies of Unreal Championship 2 and a GREAT movie of Starcraft: Ghost. I really have my hopes up for that one now.

Rid**** was pretty good, but it'll definately be a rent-first for me unless I come across it cheap. Great graphics and the gun fighting is very good though. I was surprised by Psi-ops. I wasn't too excited about it before, but the gameplay looks pretty good and somewhat unique. I'll keep my eye on it more now.

By far the most exciting thing for me about the demo disc was the inclusion of Metal Slug 3. Man, I can't wait to pick that game up. It's gonna rock!

MixMasta
05-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I had OXM for 2 years and then didn't renew it this winter, so I'm SOL.

Someone post the reviews, if there are any, dry time for games this May and June IMO, last year we had RTCW, MM3, MC2, MGP2, and others.

BunnyRabbit
05-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Gah! Why have I not renewed my subscription... WHYYYY!!!! ...

Damn I need to go out and renew it or just go buy me an issue!

jabrre
05-09-2004, 05:01 PM
If you havent completed the Grand Theft Auto: VC game yet, you will after putting in the download in the June issue. I still had to take out the weapons selection in the "Publicity Tour" file because personally.....nothings better than to use a baseball bat on people walking by in the game. I am using Weapons set #1.

JuniorBrady
05-10-2004, 08:51 AM
I played that Psi Ops demo over the weekend and was very impressed. It's pretty sweet that you can control the enemy when you get in their heads. I had never heard of it before, but it looks cool.

RichVGS
05-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Here's what I thought of the demos:

Rid**** - Looks great, plays smooth, the first level was fun. Framerate was a little problematic at times, but I have faith that such a problem can be solved before release. Early impressions: 4.0/5.0

Metal Slug 3 - What can you say? Fantastic sequel to an awesome series. Nice level of difficulty. Graphics could have been a bit better, but overall look great. Can't wait to play full version. Early impressions: 4.5/5.0

Psi-Ops - Decent third-person shooter with the psychic twist. Has some camera issues. Reminds me too much of a cross between Rogue Ops and P.N.9 on Gamecube. Graphics need work. Early impressions: 3.0/5.0

Rogue Ops - Couldn't they have found a better game then this. I'm not even going to review this piece of crap.

kenji
05-10-2004, 05:15 PM
The Metal Slug 3 demo brought me the most joy. I thought it was really fun and pretty hard. Extremely addicting and very fun to play with someone. I think I'm going to buy this when it becomes cheaper.

Rid**** was okay. I thought it was a bit slow for my liking.

Psi-Ops was fun to play around in the training room, but other than that, no.

Didn't even try Rogue Ops.

The mag was awsome this month. The Halo 2 preview was SO SWEET, and there was also a preview of all the big hitters for E3 this year. I can't wait for some games!

JuniorBrady
05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
My question after playing the Psi Ops demo is this....when you are actually in another guy's head and attacking the enmy, can your guy who is just standing there idly get damaged, or do you need to hide first before getting in the other guy's head?

FuNkY mOnK
05-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Damn are we in june already, Slow down.

mattgame
05-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Okay wait a minute. I just played the demo, or some of it. Rid**** looks amazing. What game looks better that is actually out for xbox? If Halo2 is gonna look better than this then I need to get 4 copies. I liked the gameplay, the fighting and everything. It was hot! The only thing is how do I get up to that fan?

Xorg
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Okay wait a minute. I just played the demo, or some of it. Rid**** looks amazing. What game looks better that is actually out for xbox? If Halo2 is gonna look better than this then I need to get 4 copies. I liked the gameplay, the fighting and everything. It was hot! The only thing is how do I get up to that fan?
There is a switch on the bottom next to it you can switch to stop the fan

DIGITAL
05-13-2004, 04:55 PM
There is a switch on the bottom next to it you can switch to stop the fan
i think he wants to know how to get up to the fan ,so do I :confused:

JuniorBrady
05-14-2004, 07:38 AM
I really thought the Psi Ops demo was better than the Rid**** one. Am I alone here?

Xorg
05-14-2004, 02:44 PM
i think he wants to know how to get up to the fan ,so do I :confused:
You climb the boxes in that room, with either the jump or action button

mattgame
05-14-2004, 02:48 PM
I got up there by pressing x. I still say the demo is hot and the game will be better. Psi-ops looks great too. June looks like a good month for gaming.

PapaSKooT
05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
I didn't care for the Rid**** Demo at all. Too choppy and hard to control. Sure, the graphics were good, but the game seemed almost unplayable to me.

l Maximus l
05-15-2004, 06:45 PM
I have the magazine and disc and I haven't even bothered with the demos...the mag was pretty good. I realize you guys are saying that Rid**** is pretty decent...but, I haven't been motivated to put that demo in to try it because the premise of the game just doesn't seem to do it for me...

Seeing Vin in graphics looks cheesy, IMO.

mattgame
05-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Max play the demo I'm telling you it's good.

TheWheelMan
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Psi-ops looks soo awesome i might pick it up when it comes out cause ya i played the demo and like its soo much fun......me and my friend where finding out all the fun stuff you could do in the training room and the 2 levels its actually really fun especially throwing an enemy against a wall and seeing a big blood splatter there. Rid**** looks really good it played pretty good too but im not sure about the game just for the fact that the original movie pitch black wasnt very good and theres actually a sequel coming out in which the movie came out back in like 1998 or something so im a little uncertain about rid****. Metal slug was plenty fun and i tryed Rogue ops but it dosent look to be a very good game well thats my 2 sense......Enjoy!! :cool:

FuNkY mOnK
05-18-2004, 05:55 AM
I didn't care for the Rid**** Demo at all. Too choppy and hard to control. Sure, the graphics were good, but the game seemed almost unplayable to me.
I don't know what rid**** demo you played, but it sure wasn't the one i played. how can you not control this game? the game controls flawlessly and the frame rate was top nocth. If your spastic and get frustrated instantaneously then i can understand.

mattgame
05-18-2004, 09:31 AM
I agree. This was one of the best demos I played. Rid**** was gorgeous. Psi-ops seemed awesome. I guess we all have different tastes but no one has answered me yet. Which game on the xbox looks better than the Rid****?

FuNkY mOnK
05-18-2004, 06:09 PM
I agree. This was one of the best demos I played. Rid**** was gorgeous. Psi-ops seemed awesome. I guess we all have different tastes but no one has answered me yet. Which game on the xbox looks better than the Rid****?
As far as which game looks better believe it or not the first shrek game, but just wait until Doom3 Half life and Halo2 come around you won't have to ask these questions again as this will be the standards from now on. the technology used in Rid**** is called Normal Bump-map which i think this is the way games are going to start looking for now on until the processors can handle the real high polys. but either way i'm happy.

JuniorBrady
05-19-2004, 08:29 AM
For one, I think Psi Ops looks like it's gonna be better than Rid****.