PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania XXI coming exclusivly to Xbox

OuFtb
05-05-2004, 07:03 PM
On the Xbox side of things, THQ also confirmed that it has done away with its Raw franchise altogether and has instead replaced it with the former GameCube property, WrestleMania. To be more formally known as WWE WrestleMania XXI, the game will not only boast an all-new developer (Studio Gigante of Tao Feng fame), it will also introduce plenty of original game modes and improved television style visuals. Expect to see it debut simultaneously with the WrestleMania XXI event next year.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/511/511513p1.html

The link also has the other wrestling games coming out for all other systems if your intrested.

I don't know what to think of this move, you drop Raw and bring in the WrestleMaina series, both were about the same in being good last year so I guess we won't get a sucker title, hopfully they make it alot better and give us at least decent wrestling game.

Variation-XBA
05-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Hrm....new developer making a wrestling game....guess we'll see

SoundX
05-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Woo Hoo! No more slow-paced Raw. Fast Paced Wrestlemania! Thank god!

Xbox Owner
05-06-2004, 05:38 AM
I just hope they don't use Wrestlemania XIX's graphics.

BORNGD
05-06-2004, 10:09 AM
new developer huh? this could be good, or bad. I mean the first year it might be a bad game and then improve over the years...jeez, xbox gets screwed on wwe games...

Reclaimer
05-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm hoping for a game that has Raw2's graphics, with plenty of multiplayer modes of play. I want a game that my friends and I can all play for a long time and not get bored. Inproved enemy AI, and continuation of RAW2's robust create a wrestler.
I liked Raw2's season mode, it started to feel limited in what you can do after awhile. Though 4 players in your season was genious.

It would be cool to see the Tao Feng bodily damage engine get used in a wrestling game. I hope they use that, or import that system in.

Spaztic
05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't know....hopefully they speed up the gameplay and revamp the controls. Also maybe this game will have a bit of blood. Go to the No Mercy fighting style PLEASE!!!!