PDA

View Full Version : Post your Gaming Setup!

SoundX
05-06-2004, 04:37 AM
lol, this has probably been done, but meh, mines bellow, took it with a crappy digi cam so the quality isn't very good.. ah well, oh yah, and there's a Crystal Xbox under that black one now ;)

Sharp Stero - 150
Sayno (what damn weird name) - 120
Xbox
Gamecube
Dreamcast
N64 (You can't see it, but it's behind some games under the Xbox)

Your setups? :)

bostwick202
05-06-2004, 06:17 AM
i cant post a picture, but here it goes:
56" GE Rear-Projection TV (Old, but still pretty big)
Dolby 5.1 thru a Denon reciever
Xbox
Gamecube

Reclaimer
05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my personal webspace up and running.

RCA Xbox Entertainment Series 36 inch TV
RCA Surround Sound System, 350 Watts
Xbox
DreamCast

That's about it.

OuFtb
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
No pics but I'll try to desribe it, that could be good or bad :D

I have a big corner computer desk thing that I use for all my stuff, in the middle is a 19 inch TV, it gets the job done, to the right is my Xbox, above that is two shelfs that hold all my PSone, and N64 games, above that setting on top is a DVD player covered in dust cause I never use it. To the left of the TV is a big pile of OXM magizines i've gotten over the years and my snes with all my games beside it, above that in two selfs in the PSone and N64, and above that all my Xbox games in a rack setting on top, and finaly above the TV setting on top is my VCR and Direct TV satilite box.

Thats probably more descriptive than you wanted but I did it anyway..:D

severd hed
05-06-2004, 11:16 AM
i just changed mine, i'll take some pics tonight.

RCA 650w 5.1 surround sound system
Infocus X1 DLP Projector (screen size = 71.5" in 4:3 mode, 65" in 16:9 mode)
two Xboxes (one new Green Halo edition, and my old launch xbox which I am in the process of modding)
Gamecube w/ gameboy player
PS2
Dreamcast

...pics to come

Unreal
05-06-2004, 12:56 PM
I can't post pics but I have a Samsung 42" 16x9 HDTV with DD5.1. An Xbox, Playstation 2, GameCube, Dreamcast and GameBoy Advance SP (I have GB to GC player).

Spaztic
05-06-2004, 01:20 PM
36 inch Toshiba tv
hd-component hookups
5.1 pioneer surround sound
xbox

Variation-XBA
05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Anyone wanna host my pic? =/

Just got my comp, xb, ps2, monitors etc all on one desk

Shadow20002
05-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Panasonic 20" BBE High Definition Sound TAU
Xbox

severd hed
05-06-2004, 07:14 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/projector004.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/entertainment_center_103.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/entertainment_center_101.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/haloandme.jpg

Slowride
05-06-2004, 07:18 PM
That's quite a set up severd. Really yours? It makes my 27 inch look like a portable pos.

severd hed
05-06-2004, 07:34 PM
That's quite a set up severd. Really yours? It makes my 27 inch look like a portable pos.

yes, thats mine. I love gaming. I too had a 27" tv..but last fall, i decided i wanted something bigger. I thought about getting a large projection tv...but my apartment is pretty small. also big TVs arent cheap. SO i started looking into projectors. For $1000 i was able to get this projector. it has a native resolution of 800x600 which is higher than a standard TV. It also takes up alot less space than a TV. i mounted the projector up at teh ceiling, so it is completly out of the way..and the screen is flat and rolls up...so i lose absolutly no floor space at all. plus i have my PC connected to it, for playing PC games on teh big screen. The best part is that it is portable. i can take the projector down and take it with me. so when i go to my mom's place (lives out in the middle of the woods) we take two king size bed sheets which are sewn together and hang them on the side of her house..then i hook the xbox up to the projector and we watch movies and play games on a 15' diagonal screen....it is awesome. especially for racing games....its like driving a life sized car.

wbio
05-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I'll post pics this weekend, but here it is:
5.1 Surround Sound
Two Xboxes
50" Fujitsu Plasma HDTV (Got A Warranty for Burn-In :) )
Soon going to have a computer to record stuff onto, and we're going to get one of the HD AIW Cards. Computer will be mostly for that and browsing the internet and viewing videos/pictures, etc.

Then in my room:
2 Xboxes
19" Magnavox POS TV, lol

EDIT: Went to Fujitsu's website and found the TVs, not sure which one it is, either P50XHA30WS or P50XHA10US, but here's the link: http://www.plasmavision.com/prodcomp_HT.html

Boomer
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
yes, thats mine. I love gaming. I too had a 27" tv..but last fall, i decided i wanted something bigger. I thought about getting a large projection tv...but my apartment is pretty small. also big TVs arent cheap. SO i started looking into projectors. For $1000 i was able to get this projector. it has a native resolution of 800x600 which is higher than a standard TV. It also takes up alot less space than a TV. i mounted the projector up at teh ceiling, so it is completly out of the way..and the screen is flat and rolls up...so i lose absolutly no floor space at all. plus i have my PC connected to it, for playing PC games on teh big screen. The best part is that it is portable. i can take the projector down and take it with me. so when i go to my mom's place (lives out in the middle of the woods) we take two king size bed sheets which are sewn together and hang them on the side of her house..then i hook the xbox up to the projector and we watch movies and play games on a 15' diagonal screen....it is awesome. especially for racing games....its like driving a life sized car.
That's awesome man!
I wish I had $1000 :(

severd hed
05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
That's awesome man!
I wish I had $1000 :(

i saved for like 10 months to get that projector. I started the first week in january and put back $20/week. then around halloween, i decided i coudnt wait any longer and took a little out of my bank account and bought it. and it was one of the best things i have ever purchased. The only real downside to it is that the room has to be pretty dark for the picture to show up well on the screen. and after 4000 hours of use...you have to replace the bulb ($300) but so far. i love it

Kyle Static
05-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Damn Delmer, your setup is awesome dude, forgot you got that second wicked box for Lan. If I'm ever up your way I"ll drop in and whoop your ass Kyle Style baby! :p

I'm not sure where my pics of my room went...I'll check XboxAdvanced and see if I can find em again.

darkfusion
05-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Anyone wanna host my pic? =/

Just got my comp, xb, ps2, monitors etc all on one desk

You can try hosting it at www.imageshack.us :cheers:

By the way, nice set-ups so far everyone :)

Viper87227
05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
I got a 27" Trinatron TV, 600W Sony Speakers (5x Satalies @ 100W each, 1x subwoofer @ 100W), Regular Xbox, Halo Xbox (system linked w/ 2x wireless adapters), PS2 (also wireless), Gamecube, Dreamcast, and the PC I just built...and all that is crammed into the corner of my room. I love it, only downside would be all the wires, moving out is gunna be a ***** when i leave ofr collage in 2 years

Kyle Static
05-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Well xbox advanced is down right now, so I'll just post what I've got
27" JVC Tv, Sony Home Theatre System (5.1), Xbox, 3 controllers (1S, 2B's), Madcatz Xbox Steering Wheel.

Bakeman
05-07-2004, 12:35 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/entertainment_center_101.jpg

We have that same exact DVD player in our living room.

My setup is weak.

Panasonic 27" TV
Xbox

WynnFire
05-07-2004, 12:48 AM
http://wynner3.com/Xboxsetup1.jpg

Xbox Original
Special Edition Xbox
GameCube
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
VCR
Dish Network receiver
1/3 of my DVD collection
Pioneer DSX-v711 Recevier
1 of 5 surround sound speakers.
**not shown, N64, Sega Genesis, Virtual Boy**

SPARTAN X
05-08-2004, 03:28 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/projector004.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/entertainment_center_103.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wygr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/haloandme.jpg

man that its killer man! how much did all that run u? :cheers:

SnoochyBoochy
05-08-2004, 07:42 PM
yup mine's nothing special really. i'd have a nicer one if i could afford it...
27" RCA
xbox
ps2
NES
sega genesis
hehehehhehe

TOTTEN
05-08-2004, 11:55 PM
27" daewoo
halo-box
xbox
snes
N64
playstation
dreamcast
15"sanyo

BunnyRabbit
05-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Severd hed and WynnFire have nice setups.. My room is quite too small for a really nice setup.. But had I the room.. The setup would be so sick!

kenji
05-09-2004, 12:27 AM
36" sony thats 25 years old
one large speaker
Xbox
N64
SNES

Yea. I know. It's pimpin'.

Anthony4sho
05-09-2004, 08:10 AM
severd hed, how much does you setup cost? I think I may be interested in that type of setup. Exclude the PS2 and Gamecube.

Ninja Scroll
05-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Back last summer in da O.T. boards XBA was runnin a XBA members "cribs" contest, where you submit your setup, and other sources of entertainment, or watever you wanna stare wit your fellow XBA'ers.

I was da first (got a FREE copy of ESPN WSB2K3 foe my troubles :wink: ) and my living room set up is a Sony 46'inch HDTV Widescreen with stand. Under stand is my Xbox w/ Gun Metal Skin (also from XBA), Sony 5-disc Dolby Digital 5.1 surroundsound DVD player.
Monster cables for DVD, Xbox HDTV Adapter for drooling graphics enhancements.

In bedroom (where all da magic happens! :D ) I got a 27'inch Panasonic TV, Sharp 5- speaker, 3-disc, Dolby Pro Logic II surroundsound stereo system.
Jet Black (dusty ass) GameCube dat aint been used since,...almost a years! :o
All dis in a Bush brand black entertainment center.

severd hed
05-09-2004, 07:25 PM
sorry i didnt answer sooner, i was away all weekend.

the projector was $999.00 (american)
the screen (60"x60") was around $80
RCA surround receiver and speakers - $300
DVD $80
i have about $10 into the hardware to mount the projector(Infocus wanted like $150 for a mounting bracket)
plus all of the game consoles, which i wont include prices for.

i also have some money into cables. since the projector is on the oposite side of the room as everything that is connected to it, i had to purchase 30ft S-video, Composite video, and VGA (for my pc). it also supports Component inputs, but has separate sets for progressive scan and interlaced. so i havent bothered with them yet.(xbox doesnt support progressive scan in the dashboard..so if you use the progressive scan connection, you cant see teh dashboard, or play games that dont support progressive scan....so I am just running Svideo..and it still looks really good.

I did have all of my old game consoles hooked up when i moved in..but when i bought my projector..i couldnt use the ones that connect with an RF adaptor.(now that i think about it..i could connect them to my VCR and then use the composite video out of there)...sounds like a plan for another day though. I still dont really have room for all of them
SO for now i just have the two xboxes, Ps2, gamecube and dreamcast connected..but i also have:

atari 2600
atari jaguar
nes
Snes
n64
Genesis/32x/segaCD
saturn
turbografx16
Playstation

Something to look into if you are considering going with a projector..there are a few disadvantages over a traditional tv setup.

1. the room has to be fairly dark or the picture gets washed out

2. they require that you either set them on a stand, or mount it to the ceiling/wall. not that this is difficult to do. but you pretty much have to stick with one location, unless you want a bunch of holes in your ceiling/wall where your bracket used to be. setting it on a stand/table will work for occasional viewing..but can be a real hassle for everyday use.

3. Bulb Replacement. Projectors require that you replace the bulb assembly every so often. most of them are rated between 2000-4000 hours. This bulbs can be very expensive. My projector is rated for 4000 hours on a bulb, which is one of the highest available..but the replacement bulb assembly costs $300. Now that may seem expensive..but it works out to about 7.5cents/hour. I use my projector alot, i dont have a regular tv in my living room so all of my tv/dvd/gaming is done on this thing(except for when i am watching from bed on my old TV). I use this thing every evening after work for 4-5 hours, and all weekend long.(i live alone, 300miles from my friends, and i am lazy..so it gets used ALOT). i purchased it a few days before halloween (2003) and i just passed the 1000 mark last week.

4. They probably dont work with light-gun based video games..I havent personally tried it, but i am pretty sure it wont work

but there are alot of advantages too.

1. They are cheaper than a big screen TV

2. they dont take up any floorspace. you can hang a screen on the wall and mount the projector to the ceiling...so if you have a small room, it is wonderful

3. they are easy to move. if you live on the second floor like I do..a 65" tv can be a pain in the ass if you ever need to move.

4. Size. projectors can create an image of over 20ft diagonal. of course that would require a very large room..but it can be done. It all depends on the preojector...but mine sits about 9ft from the screen and makes a 71" diagonal screen in standard 4:3 mode. (65" in 16:9).

5. you can connect your PC. Every projector i have ever seen has a VGA input for connecting a PC or laptop. So you can surf the net on the giant screen...or better yet, play PC games, Divx movies..anything else you could want to do with a PC.

6. they are portable. In less than 2 minutes, i can have my projector unmounted and packed up ready to take with me. that way when i go to my mom's house, i dont have to use her 18 year old, 26" tv to play games on..we just clear off a wall, put the projector on a little table..and i've got an instant portable big screen TV. we can hook up the DVD player or the xbox, or even the VCR so we can watch TV on it. In the summer, we take it outside. I am working on getting a big screen for outdoors, but right now we have two king size bedsheets sewn together..we hang them up on the side of her house and when it gets dark, we watch movies and play games on this giant screen (about 18ft diagonal). they work great for xbox lan games. i can take mine to my friends house.. he has a 55" TV and an xbox..so we set up teh projector to shine onto the wall and then 8 of us can play halo or something..all without having to use a tiny little TV.

TOTTEN
05-09-2004, 10:23 PM
i got to get a projector

Naota
05-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Well unfortunately I don't have pics but since everyone else is doing it I'll tell you what I have,

52 or 55 inch Phillips RPTV HDTV-Ready
Sony DAVFC7 Home Theater System, 500 Watts
Playstation 2 with Monster S-Video Cables
Gamecube with Regular AV Cables hooked into Home Theater System
Xbox with Monster Component Cables and a Monster Fiber Optic Cable hooked into Home Theater System (Switch the Cable between Xbox and PS2)

And that's all I have in my living room.

SoundX
05-10-2004, 12:39 PM
severd hed, that is awsome. I dream of that sort of setup..

jelgiad
05-10-2004, 12:48 PM

is that Arthur, King of the Britians? :rofl:
Nice setup by the way

severd hed
05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Yes, that is Arthur. My brother got that for me for my birthday. if you push the Grail button on the little blue thing, he talks...and he even says the single best line from a movie ever...."look you stupid *******, you've got no arms left"

Sheeyt
05-10-2004, 02:24 PM
I have an average setup. However a friend of mine just finished a "theater/game" room in his basement.

He has a 15 foot projector, no projections screen, he bought a special brand of paint and just painted his wall, it's specially made just for projector's. He's got a 7.1 surround sound system with a subwoofer as big as my car he paid nearly 2k for this subwoofer, 4 leather reclining seats 2 down low, 2 up high a PC built for media managment and of course Halo with 4 wireless controllers, the room is painted entirely black. He is a 15 foot area on his wall sectioned off with door frame molding to give the "SCREEN" feel. He lights in the steps to the upper level. He's got wall lights that dim like a movie theater. The **** is absolutely sick. He is actually building a "lobby" area outside the theater/game room where he will put a fountain soda machine and a popcorn machine..... Let me tell you this thing blows going to the movie's away, not to mention HAAAAAAAAAALLLOO!

severd hed
05-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I have an average setup. However a friend of mine just finished a "theater/game" room in his basement.

He has a 15 foot projector, no projections screen, he bought a special brand of paint and just painted his wall, it's specially made just for projector's. He's got a 7.1 surround sound system with a subwoofer as big as my car he paid nearly 2k for this subwoofer, 4 leather reclining seats 2 down low, 2 up high a PC built for media managment and of course Halo with 4 wireless controllers, the room is painted entirely black. He is a 15 foot area on his wall sectioned off with door frame molding to give the "SCREEN" feel. He lights in the steps to the upper level. He's got wall lights that dim like a movie theater. The **** is absolutely sick. He is actually building a "lobby" area outside the theater/game room where he will put a fountain soda machine and a popcorn machine..... Let me tell you this thing blows going to the movie's away, not to mention HAAAAAAAAAALLLOO!

thats essentially what i am working towards. right now i have a small apartment, so a big stereo system isnt going to go over well..so my small 5.1 system is sufficient. I dont really have the space to do a dedicated theater room right now..but i am probably going to be moving around the end of summer. when I Do, hopefully i can find a place with with a big enough room to do this. one with a basement would be ideal..but i dont know if i will be able to afford that. so for now, i make do with what i have...but eventually i will have a full theatre room

Sheeyt
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Yea the who did this has a ton of money and he is a certified and a huge house. He is also a certified electrician and did ALL the work himself.

Aside from the theater room in his basement he is doing a game room with pool table, darts, foosball full bar, a full bathroom, a second laundry room and another play room for his kids....