PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

OuFtb
05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Electronic Arts has today released the first information on the game that, until today, was known only as TimeSplitters 3. TimeSplitters Future Perfect, which is currently in development at Free Radical Design, will see players reprising the role of Cortez as he travels through time attempting to trace the origins of the TimeSplitters and save humankind.

TimeSplitters Future Perfect's story mode will feature levels set between the years 1914 and 2401 and, for the first time, it will allow two players to team up for cooperative play. The game will also boast an intriguing "meet yourself" feature that allows players to ally with past and future versions of themselves. Other modes of play in the game will include arcade, challenge, and online deathmatches for up to 16 players on PlayStation 2. Like previous games in the series, Future Perfect will also allow to players to create their own multiplayer maps.

TimeSplitters Future Perfect is currently scheduled for release on all current generation consoles in 2005.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/06/news_6095519.html

Unreal
05-06-2004, 01:05 PM
The game sounds cool. I don't have live, so EA shunning Live is not that big of a deal. As long as Free Radical takes advantage of the Xbox, I will be ok. Because with games like Doom 3, Rid****, Half Life 2, Halo 2 etc. It will look pretty mediocre compared to these games when its released if they dont use the Xbox's strenghts.

ColdArmoR
05-06-2004, 01:59 PM
w00t! I can't wait! I <3 TS!

Variation-XBA
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Sigh... make it LIVE damnit >_<

Sheeyt
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Timesplitters 2 was the most boring uninspired game I had played in a long time. Can't say that I'm jumping for joy at the news of a 3rd.

Stagliano
05-06-2004, 02:44 PM
I know that's a quote, so I'm not slabbering at OuFtb, but wasn't Timesplitters 2 playable in co-operative mode throughout? Unless I'm mistaken, I played through it in co-op mode.

Maybe my mind and memory are playing tricks on me...

I thought Timesplitters 2 was a fantastic game so I'm dead pleased at the news of the follow-up. Timesplitters 2 is possibly my favourite of the first-person games I've played (not including Morrowind).

ColdArmoR
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
TimeSplitters 2 could be played with a friend in co-op.

Servo
05-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I enjoyed the 2nd one and I might just have to buy the 3rd one. I especially like how you can design your own multiplayer levels. I just hope this one will be on live so that everyone can play my kick ass maps. However I can't say much for the first Timesplitters game seeing as how is was the biggest piece of crap and had PS1 graphics.