PDA

View Full Version : RSC 2 is Pretty Sweet

thegamepeddler
05-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I haven't played it a whole lot yet, but it's damn good so far. I really didn't play the first one very much, so I can't compare very well other than to say that the graphics have improved. The damage model is pretty cool on heavy damage. I actually lost a wheel on one race. I was still able to finish the race, but the handling was horrendous, so it's not overly realistic. It is a VERY nice looking game, convincing enough to occasionally forget that you're not actually driving. The new interior view is pretty convincing even if there is no dash displayed. It kind of fools your brain a little bit into believing that you're actually doing crazy stuff like going 120 down narrow, muddy country roads, etc. There are a ton of tracks, and it looks like the career mode will take a while to get through. I'm looking forward to taking it online which I'm sure will be crazy with voice, especially since, apparently, it's best played with only a few other people.

Also, I haven't tried tweaking the car any, I've been too busy trying out all the tracks, and reveling in the new interior view.

Lastly, to anyone in the area, Toys 'R' Us in Ontario, California is great about having a ton of titles in stock on release days. I got Ninja Gaiden and RSC 2 there when NO ONE in the area had either, and these guys had a dozen in stock, so... just dont buy mine.

Chewy
05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree man. I have been playing this game like a madman. You are right , the graphics are so good that sometimes you almost forget it is a game. Very well done. Lots of fun. I can't wait to try this one out on Live, or at least over a LAN.

GreenWeenie
05-06-2004, 02:12 PM
How is the tuning? Lots of options? Does the tuning actually apply in the game (like it should)???

Im just feeming for a Gran Turismo for the X. Once that comes out I can officailly scrap the ps2.

Boomer
05-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Im just feeming for a Gran Turismo for the X. Once that comes out I can officailly scrap the ps2.

I feel the exact same way :cheers:

Unreal
05-06-2004, 04:43 PM
I will have the game tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend :p

Arven
05-20-2004, 10:42 AM
From the sound of it, you'll have to wait for Forza Motorsport for a GT "killer." RSC is more of an arcadish racer. Don't get me wrong, I prefer arcade racers to realistic driving sims, and RSC is the best of the bunch. Hell, I'm playing through RSC1 it's so good. If RSC2 is an improvement to RSC1, I can't wait to play #2.