PDA

View Full Version : New Thief Trailer/Release Date

Slowride
05-06-2004, 06:11 PM
View Trailer Here: http://www.talkxbox.com/article536.html#

For the first time in the Thief series, gamers will be able play in a third person perspective. This new third person perspective will further immerse players into the role of Garrett the master thief. Watch him sneak through the roof top shadows and the City's sinister back streets stealing riches and ambushing unwary targets. While this third person perspective presents a new, visceral gaming experience, the classic Thief first person view is there for returning fans of the series and newcomers alike. Combined, these two views provide gamers with a greater control over their gaming experience adding more tension and atmosphere to the gameplay.

In Thief: Deadly Shadows, players once again take on the role of Garrett. He is rarely seen, never caught and capable of breaking into the most ingeniously secured places. Garrett steals from the wealthy and gives to himself, making his living in the dark and foreboding City. Preferring to be left alone to ply his trade, prophecies of an impending Dark Age dictate a different plan for the thief. In Garrett's efforts to prevent this approaching Dark Age, he has inadvertently roused an ancient hidden evil. Without allies, Garrett finds himself standing alone between the City and the forces that would crush it.

Thief: Deadly Shadows is being developed by Ion Storm and will be available for Xbox and PC on May 26.

Servo
05-06-2004, 06:13 PM
I remember seeing something about the first and second game. Wasn't this game made by the same company that made the Dues Ex series?

Unreal
05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
I remember seeing something about the first and second game. Wasn't this game made by the same company that made the Dues Ex series?
I believe it is. May is going to be a good month for me as far as getting something new to play on the Xbox. Thief, RalliSport Challenge Racing 2 and Metal Slug 3. BTW, thanks for the info and trailer :D

skorp
05-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Exciting... I can't wait!

Splinter Cell, Hitman: Contracts, and now this coming on the 26th....

Gotta love it! :cheers:

Thanks for the update!