PDA

View Full Version : is it worth the money?

DenniZz81
01-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi i live in Europe (sweden)
and on the 14 march im thinking about buying an xbox and perhaps two games with it...

what 2 games would you have bought on 14 march?

and is xbox really worth the money is it that good as the hype said?

'tnx

skoot182
01-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Yes, i definately think that its worth the money.

game wise,

Halo - i wasnt a fan of fps's before halo, but now i love it :D

noodleboy
01-16-2002, 12:10 PM
What's the list of launch titles that are coming out in Europe?
Is it the same ones that we got here?
If so definitely Halo.

robnyack
01-16-2002, 12:27 PM
um, in a word........YES!

Gotta get Halo...mandatory.

From there though, if depends on what you like. You like football games? Madden and Fever are both great games.

Blood Wake is a very fun action adventure game.

Max Payne might be one of the coolest looking and fun games for any platform.

Rancey
01-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Here is a list of launch titles I got from www.amazon.co.uk I would assume it is the same for all of Europe

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
Cel Damage
Enclave
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Jet Set Radio Future
Wreckless
Dead or Alive III
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Shrek
Ralli Sport Challenge
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Silent Hill X
Fuzion Frenzy
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X
Mad Dash

They also have a few dates for other games that aren't set for a launch release.

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 01:07 PM
lol...is the XBox worth it? Uh..let me think about that for just a sec: YES!!!!!! (sorry if that was too long :D)

Dude, the hype never lived up to the XBox...the XBox is, by far, the most innovative gaming console ever created. So far, they have over 120 3rd party game developer companies making games for XBox. Many games found on the PS2 will be on the XBox but will have added features including extra levels, smoother graphics, and more activity on the screen all at once...and it will be the exact same price!

Also, the XBox features a hard drive...great for saving games, faster loading, and ripping your own CD collection to use your person music as the background music for selective games (AWESOME FEATURE).

Also, it's broadband ready and Microsoft is establishing an on-line forum this summer...but, you can go on-line right now to play Halo through Gamespy software.

Also, you can system link multiple XBoxes and play on multiple TV screens...so, say goodbye to split screen gaming via multi-player as new games come out :)

Besides, this is what this site is dedicated to...the XBox! Ever since 11/15 in the United States, this is what my life revolves around for my entertainment :D Anyone on this site can testify that :D

So, to answer your question..."is it worth the money?"...let me put it this way...even if the XBox costed $899.99 versus $299.99 (United States currency), I would still buy it :D

manboy
01-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Rallisport Challange and prolly Halo, unless GTA 3 is out by then =b

rune holm
01-16-2002, 01:27 PM
hey denniz,
im from europe aswell, and im gonna get the xbox on march 14 for sure. As maximus said its the best console ever and it will have the best games. Its gonna cost about 3500 DKR/4000 SKR and the games will be around 500 DKR/600 SKR.

Rancey
GTA3 is posted for a May31st release on www.amazon.co.uk

l Maximus l
In regards to the games I own, I would say a couple of my favorite games would be Halo and Amped...they are my top two. Then, I would say Azurik and Oddworld.

Vteck3000
01-16-2002, 01:38 PM
YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS the XBOX is worth it. If i were you and would buy my first 2 games it would be :

HALO
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING

These 2 games are incredible and they are very very ADDICTIVE. You might wanna think though before buying PGR because you'll also have the choice to get that Rally game.......... i know you european love rally............. so it's really your choice for racing game............. but i would still go for PGR............. hope you enjoy your XBOX when you get it :cool:

Mark Hoppus
01-16-2002, 01:50 PM
I live in Europe/Austria and today I played on the xbox for the first time.
I played Halo, Amped, PGR and Tony Hawk 2X.
What shall I say ..... Dam n I want my xbox :D!!!

mattcoxonline
01-16-2002, 03:05 PM
I wrote an article for Xbox | 360 but didn't find it good enough - so here it is: (not saying that its good enuff for XBA, it just should belong on a forum :D )

To succeed or not to succeed, that is the question. And by the way the European Xbox launch is shaping up it looks like a case of not to succeed.
Okay, obviously Microsoft is in the console market to make money – hell, so are Sony, SEGA, and even Nintendo, but SEGA failed (RIP). But the point is they don’t look to be in Europe, especially by the way Microsoft and Nintendo are going. But I’m here to talk about Microsoft, my main concern.

In Europe, Sony built up a large fan-base with the PSone and many of these fans were “casual gamers.” This casual gamer then found an interest in this, now 1yr old, PS2, and after a year of continuous price reductions Sony experience a mass sales increase, especially around Christmas. And this is where Microsoft comes in, or should have.
I class a casual gamer as one who doesn’t take an interest in the market /industry or gaming in general and these are the people that will now own a PS2, not knowing about the Xbox or even the Gamecube.
Christmas is the time that PS2 sales are bound to increase, so what should Microsoft do – ADVERTISE!

Xbox is released in March and so far in the UK there has been no evidence of advertising. Microsoft had and event, Xbox Xperience, for the UK but again, this would only be found by a daily visit to msn.co.uk – hmmm!
Microsoft need to have awareness of not only the console, but the games.
Yes, the exclusive titles, but also the PS2 ports – why, because this suggests that Xbox is not only as good as the PS2, but better.
What would have been ideal for Microsoft would be at least one advert for the Xbox before Christmas to raise awareness. Not an advert of a green blob, but an advert that shows off the console and the games, an advert that would see an X put through the PS2 at the top of people’s Christmas list.
But that chance has been missed.

So what can Microsoft do now?
The same – Advertise, advertise, advertise. And I say again, not the green blob, but the console and the quality.
Late January seems to see all those casual gamers in the UK scraping together the cash to purchase their PS2 that Christmas didn’t bring, and I feel it should be Microsoft who collect that cash and sell their console. It is now the casual gamer that supports the market and the casual gamer that needs to be focused on.

So in conclusion, a message to Microsoft:
Please advertise the console and the games. This is what will sell. You have built an amazing console and it needs to be known by everyone, and you need to stop this being another Dreamcast.
Also, the price is too high for the European gamer, $100 more than the US, and this should be reduced before launch – but that’s another matter, maybe for later!

Supperdog
01-16-2002, 04:21 PM
hmmm i got halo and doa3 on the 15th...i also documented that historic date with four rolls of film....:)

P.S. Really, i did. Not a single moment missed...

wizkid918
01-16-2002, 05:25 PM
dont know if it is worth the money, i didnt have to plop out any cash, i won mine at taco bell :) HAHAHA

Chr0nik
01-17-2002, 11:31 AM
It's cheaper than PS2 right now, hell yeah it is worth the money.