PDA

View Full Version : For all u EA haters out there!

blazenko
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Hey i was just wondering, when EA makes xbox live games will u still be a hater? And if so wut are the reasons? U should just be friends lol :hump:

LTM360
05-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Yes, because they made so many The Sims games, and each and every last one of them sucked. I think there have been like 15 The Sims version in some way/shape/form with more to come, they all suck, they always will, and I hate EA for doing that to a game franchise, its more ridiculous than Pokemon ever was.

LynxFX
05-07-2004, 02:13 PM
It wasn't just the lack of Live support which caused many to hate EA on the Xbox. It was the utter lack of respect for anything they put out on the Xbox. The ports that had no changes made to utilize Xbox hardware. Hell quite a few suffered lower framerates or visual problems than on the inferior PS2.

They have a lot of catching up to do inorder to win back me as a fan.

BTW, check out my web series, Drafted, animated using EA's game Battlefield Vietnam. :wink::rofl:

Bakeman
05-07-2004, 02:31 PM
I'll still hate EA. I hated EA when all I had to play on was my friends PS2. Then when I got an xbox my hatred grew for similar reasons LynxFX put up.

I don't hate them to a point where I just won't play their games though. I had lots of fun with Fight Nights when I rented it.

rolling stone
05-07-2004, 02:45 PM
because they keep raping the james bond franchise... when i heard that they were making a goldeneye 2 or whatever irritates me because they will never come close to what the original goldeneye was...they're just trying to cash in on the goldeneye name

StudioAlex
05-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I can't say I particularly hate EA, I just have little interest in them. The main reason being that I only play one sports game for every twenty other games. Sports is what EA does most. Actually, they don't really make any good games outside of sports, So, they make decent sports games that I have no interest in playing, and they also make crappy action and adventure that I have no interest in playing.

Also, their treatment of the DC pretty much marked them as jerks. Now with the Xbox, they are just doing what comes naturally.

l Maximus l
05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Lynxfx said it perfectly, however, there are only a couple game developers that bother making games that fully utilize the power of the XBox. Maybe three... But, fortunately, more on the way and I don't expect EA to follow in their tracks...I hope they prove me wrong.

Spaztic
05-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I am not ashamed to say that the people that don't play EA games are the people loosing out. They have very solid titles that have great licenses! I personally don't have live so I don't feel the loss! I have alwasys been a fan of ea, reguardless of them utilizing the power of the xbox. I thought it is the gameplay and content of the games that makes them good, not what or what not it supports! I couldn't imagine missing the new bond game. It was really good! Here are a couple other ea games that are good imo.

nfsu - best racer
metal of honor
fifa - best soccer game
freedom fighters
fight night 2004 - best boxing game
tigerwoods - best golf game hands down
nba live - best basketball game
nascar 2004 - best nascar game
nba street vol 2
nfl street
lord of the rings series
etc
etc

George89
05-07-2004, 05:34 PM
I've never really hated EA......but I would buy more of their games if they had xbox live. oh and a little bit of news.....the next timesplitters game will be Online ONLY for PS2.....so xbox owners will have to stick to split screen. Is this game an EA game?

AlBoogy
05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
New rumor has it that they will support Live but we would have to pay. My hate for EA would grow even more if they do that and dont charge ps2 owners as well.

CarGuy
05-07-2004, 07:40 PM
The only game I enjoy with an "EA" logo on it is Freedom Fighters.. and I guess they didnt even really make that game.

Casper
05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
EA still can't figure out how to make a game use System Link - and most of their games are made on the PS2 engine and then ported over to the XBox - if I'm going to play something EA, it'll be on the PC.

RockTheCasba
05-07-2004, 10:56 PM
never have been a hater live games will be sweet

TOTTEN
05-07-2004, 11:26 PM
well with me i didnt hate ea for not making online games for the box, at first. but then stupid ps2 fanboys had to rub that in my face and nfs isnt really fun and madden isnt all that good either good ol fever is alot better

BunnyRabbit
05-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Its all about sticking it to the Man! HooYAH@!!!! :hump:

blazenko
05-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Here's a better question, who will actually start supporting ea after they make games for xbox live? Will anyone else buy NHL 2005 even though he/she has not bought any EA games for the xbox? I certainly will! Sports is what EA does best. ;)

Duke
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Here's a better question, who will actually start supporting ea after they make games for xbox live? Will anyone else buy NHL 2005 even though he/she has not bought any EA games for the xbox? I certainly will! Sports is what EA does best. ;)

As far as sports go, I've more or less been converted to sega. If they make the better game, I'll probably go w/ them, but at least as far as football goes, I don't think madden has been as good. (just my opinion)

I'll have no trouble buying EA games as long as they've got the best for whatever I'm looking for at the moment. I don't see EA developing for live as anything too great though. Nice to have 'em, but I certainly haven't missed them either.

Liquid Gears
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Wow, this place sure has changed. I haven't been here for awhile, anyway.

Sorry, but I got to say. Seriously, EA Sports is the only company that knows how to make a decent hockey game. I'll be pickin up NHL '05 as soon as it comes out on Live.

Hey, I know I'm not speakin' for myself here. I know some of you, just like myself and the Jackal, grew up playing the old school EA Hockey games.

As for the other games they make.....WHO CARES! There strong point is their hockey games. period.

CharlieHustle
05-09-2004, 02:10 AM
I am not ashamed to say that the people that don't play EA games are the people loosing out. They have very solid titles that have great licenses! I personally don't have live so I don't feel the loss! I have alwasys been a fan of ea, reguardless of them utilizing the power of the xbox. I thought it is the gameplay and content of the games that makes them good, not what or what not it supports! I couldn't imagine missing the new bond game. It was really good! Here are a couple other ea games that are good imo.

nfsu - best racer
metal of honor
fifa - best soccer game
freedom fighters
fight night 2004 - best boxing game
tigerwoods - best golf game hands down
nba live - best basketball game
nascar 2004 - best nascar game
nba street vol 2
nfl street
lord of the rings series
etc
etc

First of all, i dont want to start a debate, but i really dont see anything that i am missing. Its Obvious that you love EA's products, because its seeping on my screen. I have no problem with that. Now, I cant say im a fan of EA, but i dont hate them either. I primarily play sports games, so what youre sayin about we are missing out on their games, is totally biased. Anyone can testify to this: if i have played madden 2002 then i pretty much played madden 2003 and 2004. Right? Also the same with live, which is a special case since they made that freestyle control then their 2003 and 2004 versions are pretty much the same. So what am i missing out on. The roster updates?? The minor tweaks?? I was at my home boy crib today and he has a PS2 and the madden 2004 looks exactly like the XBOX version. You know what that mean?? They make the ps2 version first and then change the code for the xbox, thats why theres no difference, visually, between the two. Also, tell me why the xbox version suffer from framerate problems compared to the ps2 version?? We all know that the ps2 is inferior(as far as whats under the hood). But EA goes with who can make the most money for them and thats all. Since you dont have LIVE you dont know what you're missing the random opponents, leagues and roster updates. Get LIVE and then YOU TELL ME.

Shadow20002
05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
EA....hmm.. something not to forget or either forget....

Xorg
05-09-2004, 04:48 PM
The only EA games I own are FIFA 2003 and 2004, only because they are the only soccer games out on xbox. I think its pretty stupid how they port the games to the xbox with out any enhancements and even with LIVE support I will only be buying FIFA games.

thegamepeddler
05-09-2004, 11:38 PM
EA's extreme reliance on sports games and movies licenses means that they will naturally not produce anything that interests me. Beyond that, I havent played an EA published game I liked since Lakers vs. Celtics, which I believe I purchased in 1988. Beyond that, the last EA title that I owned, Cel Damage, was horribly broken to the point that it was rendered nearly worthless. Beyond that, I've seen one game, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, by EA that could even be labelled as average looking on Xbox. The rest were pretty ugly, and I refuse to support publishers that don't support the hardware I chose to buy.

RichVGS
05-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I could say that I'll keep hating EA, but then again, I never really hated them. I've been annoyed for years over some of their decisions, most recently the decision to try to remake Goldeneye, which will never work.

But then I look at the baseball games of this year, and I have to say that MVP blows away All-Star and ESPN. And I already know that when the time comes I will purchase Madden 2005 because the number of Live games for ESPN will drop big time. Besides, I've never been one to pick a game because of graphics. It has always been about gameplay, and if EA has the better gameplay, then I'm going with EA.

Spaztic
05-10-2004, 10:38 AM
I do like EA games, I just want to make it clear that when it comes to football and hockey it is all the way ESPN and SEGA!!!

BORNGD
05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
New rumor has it that they will support Live but we would have to pay. My hate for EA would grow even more if they do that and dont charge ps2 owners as well.

only reason why they would be charging xbox users is cuz xbox live will be charging them, at least thats what I heard...

actually, my understanding is that the reason why we dont have ea on live is not ea's fault but more microsofts