PDA

View Full Version : Predator: Concrete Jungle

OuFtb
05-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Vivendi Universal Games has finally gotten down to it, creating an entirely original action-adventure game using the Predator license, made so popular by the eponymous Arnold Schwarzenegger film (with much thanks to Jesse Ventura, of course).

Dubbed Predator: Concrete Jungle and in development by Eurocom (Sphinx, The World Is Not Enough), VU Games' third-person action game is told in two time periods, the 1930s and the 2030s. After a 100-year ban from the Earth by his elders, the brutal, overly violent Predator returns to Earth seeking vengeance on the organized crime empire that have tried to seek out and kill all Predators.

Using the film as an inspiration rather than a formula or blueprint, Predator: Concrete Jungle is set in a large urban landscape giving the already advantaged Predator the perfect setting to kill his prey. The Predator has use of several vision modes, including cloaking technology, and a load of alien weapons, such as Wrist Blades, Plasma Casters, CombiStick, Speargun, and Smartdisc. The Predator will be able to pull off single and combo attacks using more than one weapon simultaneously.

Due on Xbox and PlayStation 2 this fall, Predator: Concrete Jungle is a single-player offline game that's yet to be rated.

Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/512/512349p1.html)

This is a toss up, I would like it to be great cause it sounds cool, but then theres always the chance it will suck and disapoint everyone, just have to see when it comes out.

StudioAlex
05-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Sounds horrible. The second movie took place in the city, and it was horrible. the first was in the jungle, and it was great. Seems to me they should be "inspired" by the good movie, not the bad one. Maybe it has something to do with the comic book series, which I know nothing of. 10 % chance of goodness. 90% chance of it being "teh suck."

JJaX
05-07-2004, 03:47 PM
First off, Predator 2 owns....

And this game sounds pretty kick ass. I thought it would be cool to use the splinter cell engine to make a predator game. That would kick ass.

Ill keep my fingers crossed with this one

Hyuuga Neji
05-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Im not sure about this game, now if it comes out with a killer online mode and a ****ty offline mode the game wont be a total loss, im finding that im playing more games because of their xbox live abilities than anything else, it will be interesting to see how this game pans out.

StudioAlex
05-07-2004, 04:08 PM
First off, Predator 2 owns....

Oh man, have you watched it since you were, like, nine or so? I remember thinking it was cool, too, then I saw it after my youth-induced brain damage went away. Pretty corny stuff... I used to think Van Damme movies were great, as well. But then, a Lionheart heart game would kick ass! :D

ramprider0
05-08-2004, 02:05 AM
I think it'd be pretty awesome if it had halo type gameplay and if they threw in some splintercell like stealth missions and they'd have a great game worthy of buying!

JJaX
05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/predator_050704_2_1083964778.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/predator_050704_1_1083964739.jpg

Looks awesome! :cheers:

TOTTEN
05-10-2004, 09:29 AM
looks real good

Servo
05-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks like crap but then I again I could be wrong (not the first time).