PDA

View Full Version : Controller help

Luigis_Angel930
05-08-2004, 06:06 PM
I hope this is in the right stop. I have had my x-box for quite some time now, and I've had all the same controllers for awhile. But now two of my controllers have completely busted on me. The analog sticks are busted, so whenever I try to play with them the character in the game just goes in never ending circles. It's driving me crazy!!!!! :confused: My boyfriend has tried to open them up and see if he can fix it but he can't seem to find the direct problem.

Is there any hope for repairing my controllers? Or am I going to have to go out and buy all new ones?
BTW: my third controller is now on the blitz. The black button doesn't want to work. So now I only really have one controller that works. It's a real pain to play Bond with.

Any suggestions?
:cuss:

BunnyRabbit
05-08-2004, 06:34 PM
I have analyzed your statement and have come to the conclusion that:

You are a female gamer. You freak out playing games and jam the analogs and mash buttons. You can try to fix them by taking them apart and risk breaking them more... Or trade them into EB and get some credit to put towards new controllers.
Keep your tongue in your mouth during video games.. Because once it gets loose.. Your whole body will go nuts with it forcing real life actions into the game. No matter how much you hop you arent going to go faster and leaning to the side will not cause harder turns..
Remember that in the future controller murderer..

Luigis_Angel930
05-08-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't appreciate that assumption.

BunnyRabbit
05-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Its only a joke now silly.. I simply suggest that you take the broken controllers into EB and get who knows how much.. maybe 30$ for all three being as how cheap EB can be.

Take that and buy 1 new well and working one. :hump:

Caesar SYN
05-08-2004, 10:28 PM
I hope this is in the right stop. I have had my x-box for quite some time now, and I've had all the same controllers for awhile. But now two of my controllers have completely busted on me. The analog sticks are busted, so whenever I try to play with them the character in the game just goes in never ending circles. It's driving me crazy!!!!! :confused: My boyfriend has tried to open them up and see if he can fix it but he can't seem to find the direct problem.

Is there any hope for repairing my controllers? Or am I going to have to go out and buy all new ones?
BTW: my third controller is now on the blitz. The black button doesn't want to work. So now I only really have one controller that works. It's a real pain to play Bond with.

Any suggestions?
:cuss:

I would suggest just replacing them. After the aggrevation and annoyance you would be better off just buying new ones. Everything in theory can be fixed... its just whether its worth the time and energy... usually these problems wont be solved by a opening and a cleaning... but some small mechanism has just pooped out...

Hope this helps...

GuiltySpark
05-08-2004, 10:31 PM
What kind of controllers do you have? I would try to stick to buying only m$ controllers, if your going to buy third party then get a warranty. If you have first party controllers and they are breaking then take three deep breaths after each game over.

And stick around these parts - we need more ladies in these forums...

BunnyRabbit
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM
What kind of controllers do you have? I would try to stick to buying only m$ controllers, if your going to buy third party then get a warranty. If you have first party controllers and they are breaking then take three deep breaths after each game over.

And stick around these parts - we need more ladies in these forums...

Haha yeah.. If you have something like a Mad Catz.. You bought a temp controller.. The kind you buy to last you 2 months..
Ive had my bad experience with Mad and my dreamcast.. I will never use them again thats for sure.

GuiltySpark
05-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Haha yeah.. If you have something like a Mad Catz.. You bought a temp controller.. The kind you buy to last you 2 months..
Ive had my bad experience with Mad and my dreamcast.. I will never use them again thats for sure.

Remember the good ol' trick controllers? Saw em' at the store and I was like "ten buks for a controller! gimme ten(two)" needless to say, they lasted for about two weeks...

TOTTEN
05-08-2004, 11:51 PM
buy brand new m$ controllers because all of the third pary controllers just dont play right.

darkfusion
05-08-2004, 11:51 PM
I have analyzed your statement and have come to the conclusion that:

You are a female gamer. You freak out playing games and jam the analogs and mash buttons. You can try to fix them by taking them apart and risk breaking them more... Or trade them into EB and get some credit to put towards new controllers.
Keep your tongue in your mouth during video games.. Because once it gets loose.. Your whole body will go nuts with it forcing real life actions into the game. No matter how much you hop you arent going to go faster and leaning to the side will not cause harder turns..
Remember that in the future controller murderer..

LMAO, you just described my girlfriend trying to play PGR2 perfectly :rofl:

Luigis_Angel930
05-10-2004, 10:42 PM
I only have one actual microsoft controller. And its one of the one's that is broken. The one that has lasted is the Pheonix type. Its the only one that has lasted the whole time with nothing going wrong with it.

I'll probably take the controllers back soon. Or I might just steal my bro's controllers for a few days so we can play. :)

kenji
05-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I also suggest replacing them. eBay has some great prices on any controller, so if you want, I would go there.

stuckthe3L337
10-21-2004, 11:06 PM
My madcatz microCon's left analog has become a little loose, causing master cheif or whomever else to strafe to the right whenever even the slightest pressure is put on it... its like having 9 sensitivity on the right, but 3 on the left. Anyway, I was just wondering wether or not this has happened to anyone else?

l Maximus l
10-22-2004, 12:52 AM
You may be able to take it apart. One time, I spilled a little beer on one of my controllers and a couple of the buttons started sticking. I took them apart and cleaned everything and now the controller is as good as new :)

I was desperate, too...because I prefer the Original XBox Controllers over the S-Type. The Duke is the best! There's no way I was going to lose it to a miscalculated beer chug :D

Reclaimer
10-22-2004, 02:37 AM
I'd open it up and try to reseat the control stick. If you still can't get it to work just replace it.

severd hed
10-22-2004, 07:48 AM
analog sticks arent exactly easy to repair..and chances are if you dont already know how to do it..then dont waste your time. get some new controllers (and take care of them this time) i bought four of the original controllers when i got my xbox at launch, and then picked up 4 of the S controllers since then. I i have one of the originals, and one of the S controllers that i use all the time( i switch back and forth depending on the game) and have not had any problems with them. they are built pretty well, it would take alot of abuse to destroy them..especially 3 of them. if it was just one, i'd say you just had a bad controller..but if you have 3 controllers that are broken...you're not doing something right. if you take care of them, and dont throw them around and stuff..they should last you for many years of gameplay. 3rd party controllers not included..since they generally suck and should not be purchased (however, the logitech precision wireless controller does not suck and does not feel like a 3rd party controller)

bottom line..learn to take care of your stuff and you shouldnt hvae this problem

Luigis_Angel930
10-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Well for my birthday (back in June, he spent probably $100 on me and it was all video games :)) my boyfriend bought me two new Microsoft controllers (green and blue, he always uses the blue one lol) so this is no longer a problem. :) But thanks.

severd hed
10-22-2004, 11:41 AM
oh..someone just dug up an old thread. :(