PDA

View Full Version : A request of Team Ninja.

FB-Gollum
05-08-2004, 09:01 PM
I want team Ninja to develop an RPG. A martial arts RPG. I feel it could be one of the most intense all around consuming games that will cross genres to grab fans from all walks.

The game should include (as a suggestion):

1. The Ninja Gaiden control scheme and animation style. NG has the best, smooth control ever. In an RPG, where your character gains a level (belt?) and you get to select a new move (or moves) it would be incredible to be able to pull that off Gaiden style.

2. Multiple Martial Arts with unique movesets. Ju Jitsu, Karate, Muay Thai whatever. make it a fantasy world dominated by clans of "Boxers". Include almost realistic representations of these arts (with a Team Ninja flair and some magic thrown in).

3. Total Character development. From name and appearance through to their base stats, style, everything.

4. Branching story. It coluld go different ways depending on what clan you choose (which will affect your goal, I'd have all the clans focusing on the sme thing but for very different reasons, some good, some sinister, which would also affect your character and what he/she will and will not do like in KOTOR) and have various branches throughout the game.

Picture it, you are a young man (or woman) trying to get by in a very hostile world. The world is dominated by warring clans of "Boxers". Some are friendly and peaceful (Shaolin Monks?) others are vicious (Thai Boxers?) others are more neutral. But they all have one thing in common, which ois the power struggle they are locked in.

To get by, you must choose which way to go. Whom to side with. For how long.

You begin as a white belt (or no belt really) capable only of a basic punch/kick/block. But as you explore, and learn of the different clans (as they learn of you) the door opens for you to join. This is where your real training begins. You are slowly schooled in your chosen art. You learn new moves as you acheive ranks. Become faster, stronger, more agile. Eventually growing into an incredibly powerful being.

In essence, if the game were put together right, you'd have a common world with different viewpoints depending on the style you choose. You could weave in and out of storylines as you progress by meeting requirements for different clans (are you good enough? Evil enough? Strong Enough? etc.) and always have a choice as to what you do and don't do. Of course, how much you do and don't do will affect how successful you are at the completion (which will of course have multiple endings for each clan. More ambitiously, the world could run in a sort of "real time" where as clans battle, the balance of power can shift without your knowledge and you'd never know who's really winning until the end, making it very unpredictable and very replayable).

Anyhoo. I could go on. If I thought anyone would really look at it I'd map out the whole game from the most basic interface through all the plot branches etc. In essence, I'd like you to start out useless, and end up something like Ryu H. Except that your style will be unique, as you select what you can do and cannot do (and no one can do everything). Then go ahead and throw in some online multiplayer to take advantage of the mega deep fighting engine and voila! Best game ever.

Caesar SYN
05-08-2004, 09:06 PM
WOW good idea... I like it.. a lot to take in and comment but pretty well thought through...

memphissheik
05-08-2004, 09:24 PM
never more in my life have I not wanted somebody to NOT get ripped off..
DUDE...type that out..get it cleaned up...refine it and put your name on it..and send it in..you should get paid for that idea...

genious I say..genious

thrAsher
05-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Excellent stuff, Gollum. If you really have a fully thought out treatment, you might consider putting it together and sending it to various developers you admire/think could get the job done. I mean it. You never know what could happen.

And, yeah, if you ever do decide to, post some more of your ideas about the game.

:cheers:

DocHoliday78
05-09-2004, 01:05 AM
You know what i would like team ninja to do.... Straight up i want Ninja Gaiden 2 right BUT I want a combo bar that builds up kinda like SF series but more intracite and when its maxed out you unleash a crazy ass combo.

Shadow20002
05-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Such a gread idea, you should mail this for Team Ninja. But by the way, how long this game gonna be done ? Will take more than 5 years....

Trento52
05-09-2004, 05:32 PM
It sounds like it has alot of elements from jade empire, fable, and KOTOR. Which are good elements all games should have.

Ninjermy
05-09-2004, 09:12 PM
it does sound AWESOME. expect making a game like that takes YEARS MAN. i mean making a game with ninja gaiden graphics and a kotor story line is like combining two of the greatest games into one, and that is basically what game companies are striving to get right? amazing graphics, amazing moves, amazing depth, choice, storyline, options, characters, plot, theme, EVERYTHING. but besides all that i like it, its sweet

FB-Gollum
05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow, thanks for all the positive responses. It's somewhat inspired me. Yes, I am aware of the time it takes to develop really great games. However, I do have some concepts that I think would reduce the workload considerably.I guess too often I see games come out and I can tell where the dev's spent a ton of time and I'm left wondering "why"? So many games put too much time into areas that don't lead to engaging gameplay. That said, I never thought it would be a fast process. So I've started mapping stuff out. Here's where it gets tricky though. I don't really know how to format it. I'm not a developer. If someone has some links they could share to a good site that could help me with how to do up a full concept, that would be great. I have all the ideas and most of the technical stuff worked out already, I just need to know how to write it down properly.

Y2k_UG
05-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Team Ninja is probably my favorite developer out there. Itagaki is just nuts enough to do something like this, too. :-)

Cryogenic Pyro
05-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Your game sounds like an awesome idea. If Ninpo and Taijutsu were included in this game, there would be no doubt I'd purchase it. Heck, I'd purchase it if it were ever made anyway.

Do what all the other people have said, and try sending it to some developers you think could get this done.

JJaX
05-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Im pretty sure the next DOA (not DOA online) will be some sort of adventure or RPG game...

And Jade Empire will be an amazing RPG with marial art elements.