PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Zero on Xbox 2 Rumor

Shadow20002
05-09-2004, 12:56 PM
“Kameo and Conker are currently the only Xbox projects that we've shown to the public, yes. There may be others, or they may end up on the next machine. It all comes down to the fact that releasing games in the last stage of a console's lifespan can be a less than hugely profitable experience, so sometimes it makes more sense to carry them over to the early days of the machine's successor.”
Source@ (http://www.rareware.com/extra/scribes/scribes_content.html)

N1ghtM4r3
05-09-2004, 01:17 PM
xbox 2, Boo

thegamepeddler
05-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Well they better HOPE releasing them at the next launch is hugely profitable, otherwise that $375 million pricetag is going to feel like an enormous mistake. On the practical side of things, I could see them delaying quite a bit from Rare until the next generation. Xbox has it's market carved out already, and if MS wants to expand that market into more family-oriented titles, they'd probably be better off starting fresh. The vast majority of titles, so far, aimed at a younger crowd have flopped.

DemonLoki
05-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Rare knows alot about putting out a game on a dead console. Perfect Dark was toward the end of the N64, and by the time they released Conkers, the N64 was old news.
I think they Xbox will have a good year, its not dead yet.

l Maximus l
05-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I think Perfect Dark 2 would be essential for a launch title for XBox 2.

TOTTEN
05-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I think Perfect Dark 2 would be essential for a launch title for XBox 2.
yeah the surley wont be a halo 3 ready for the xbox nexts release