PDA

View Full Version : do you keep your old games or trade them in

CMX Jedi
05-09-2004, 12:58 PM
i usely trade them in for newer games

Shadow20002
05-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Hmm...better keeping it cause when you got bored or feel like to replay them in a while, you will have the opportunity to play them again.

thrAsher
05-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm w/ Shadow. I keep most of my games. I usually trade shwag games, sometimes before I even beat the hunks of junk. The greats, though, I keep.

Like Panzer Dragoon Orta, I've held onto it for over a year since I beat it, and have actually started playing it again from time to time to best my old scores, and really just because the game's so freaking great. I'm really into Beyond Good and Evil (after a hiatus from playing), and can't imagine getting rid of the game. I'm sure someday after I beat it in the future it'll call out to me and I'll pick it up again. Just how I am...

SoundX
05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I rarely sell or trade my games. Only the ones I'm really sick of and the ones that just suck. I think in the last four years the only games I've traded or solled are:

Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex & Gemna Onimisha got 15 pound for them at Gamestation, and I bought them both for 5 :D
WWE Warzone, WCW Revenge. Bah, wrestling!

And there we have it.

But now my launch Xbox is getting modded, things might change. I'll still keep the really fantastic games. The ones that I enjoy but aren't superb I'll just burn and sell/trade.

I'm still gonna buy very good games for my Crystal Xbox, but much less games than before. Ralisports Challenge 2, Fable, Ninja Gaiden and Halo 2 are probably the only ones I'm planning on shelling out for this year.

Variation-XBA
05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I used to trade em in, but I miss them now so I havent since for a long time and don't plan on to again

The Jackal
05-09-2004, 03:34 PM
i got every old piece of crap game ive had since the beginning.... i really should trade them though

Professor Kaos
05-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I've kept almost every game. I traded in MotoGP 2 and I sold Halo.

Slowride
05-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I keep my old games....I never really play them though.

Seckci
05-09-2004, 07:22 PM
i see no reason in keeping old games that i never plan on playing. ive sold atleast 15 games for newer ones.

LiquidX
05-09-2004, 07:29 PM
I keep all my old games even if they suck ass like Enter The Matrix and Brute Force... I cant stand to only get at most 10 bucks for a game I paid 50 for because of hype. God I hate suck ass games.

severd hed
05-09-2004, 08:17 PM
i keep all of my games...for the most part i enjoy the ones i bought..there are a few that i regret buying (silent hill 2, genma onimusha) but i keep them because every now and then i get the urge to go back and attempt to play them.

gaming to me is just as much about collecting as it is playing. i did sell a few of my NES games when i was younger, and i regreted it. ( i wish i still had Bad Dudes)

thats probably why i have almsot 60 xbox games ...i like looking over at my game rack and seeing all of them over there. some of them i havent touched in a long time...but one of these days i will get the urge to get one of them out and play it again.(Outlaw Golf will probably be the next one of my old games i drag out and play for a while)

BunnyRabbit
05-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Ive never sold or traded any of my games..I am collecting my games.. For the future I want to have them.
Besides selling them really is crap.. I will not sell my game for any less than what it is going for on used shelves.. Its just stupid.. Im not giving you this game for 6 so you can sell it for 30.. NO!

Jayhawk
05-09-2004, 08:26 PM
If I get tired of a game then I sell it unless I know for sure that I will still have an interest in that game in the future. But for the most part I get rid of my old games....

MixMasta
05-09-2004, 08:43 PM
I trade away my mass market games and games with no replay value.

Some games I keep because they are teh chit. Like Panzer Dragoon Orta. Also, I don't trade my Live games because they rock as well. I do trade Platinum Hits a lot.

Everyone go trade on TradeGamesNow because that site rocks, and EB and Gamestop suck.

Yeah. :confused:

Ninjermy
05-09-2004, 09:00 PM
i trade and sell everything. if i aint playin it, then im selling or trading it for something better!

Naota
05-09-2004, 11:26 PM
I never trade in my games with the expection of one. I traded in WWE Raw 2 because it sucked so bad with all it's glitches, bugs and shoddy AI that I couldn't stand keeping it. Other than that I keep them, Never know when I'll get the urge to play them again. Hell just recently I drug out Outlaw Volleyball, A game I hadn't touched in about 4 months and am having a blast playing it. And I still haven't played Wind Waker (I know), and haven't played Beyond Good & Evil either but I know I'll get around to it.

kenji
05-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I keep all my games because sometimes I have cravings for something or sometimes I just feel like doing something on a particular Xbox game.

For example, I recently started playing Orcarina of Time again for N64. It awesome! I never know when I want to play old games again, so I keep all of them.

BORNGD
05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
generally i sell them on ebay, or if i can, trade for something i want on these boards

ColdArmoR
05-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Depends on the game, Some I trade in, Some I keep for later playing.

skorp
05-11-2004, 01:08 AM
I usually keep my games... (The ones I consider Classics, Hall Of Famers and/or in legendary status)

I haven't sold or traded any yet but do consider trading a few for instant Hall Of Famers coming out soon...

It's gonna be a busy year I tell yah! :p

Tetsuo
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
It depends on how much money I have for a new game, although I've regretted a few trades. I traded in Halo after getting bored of it over a year ago, and then when nothing better came out that entire year, I bought it again just two months ago! pretty sad :bang: . (plus I needed something to hold me over till Halo2)

Brutus
05-14-2004, 04:28 PM
It all depends on the game.
I mean, HALO is still on the shelf along with a few other select games I may not get rid of.
Then theres the sport's titles. Every year... Then the craptacular ones... Sometimes I can't even get into a game by the time I want to get rid of it already. You know.

Unreal
05-15-2004, 10:40 PM
i usely trade them in for newer games
I keep my games for later playing. I have not traded in or sold any games since I bought my dreamcast. I have learned my lesson from selling games and wishing I had them later on.

DemonLoki
05-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Keep them unless they suck.
Games I traded, Pirates of the Caribbean: it sucked had NOTHING to do with great movie. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic : I hate turn based RPGs, find strategy Nerd-Like and don't see actual skill having effect.

I just bought ARCHON on the NES to add to collection (better than wrath for its time).

Anthony4sho
05-15-2004, 11:36 PM
The only great game I have ever played that I don't want to play again after beating it on its hardest difficulty is Ninja Gaiden. Its an awesome game, but the difficulty is way too hard for me to try and beat it again in the future. I may get it again just to have it when it drops to like 15-20 bucks.

I've traded in alot of great games to get other games that i want but don't have the money for. And now i'm getting some of those games back because they are only 15-20 bucks. Both GR's, the first Splinter Cell, RTCW, Some sport titles. The only games that I have never traded in are Halo, which I still have from when I bought my Xbox, and KOTOR, however I am considering put it and Ninja Gaiden up for sale and then just getting them again when they are cheaper.

l Maximus l
05-17-2004, 02:30 AM
I tend to keep my games...but, rarely do I play them again after beating them...unless it's Halo, as if I needed to mention that. But, heaps of garbage like Bloodwake and Return to Castle Wolfenstein were bought and sold after I discovered they hugged ass. And, yes, I played many many many hours of both of those games and they never got better.

Bring on the flames with the mention of RTCW! Seriously, I can care less...that game blows chunks!

Stagliano
05-17-2004, 06:02 AM
I hoard absolutely everything and I don't think I've traded any games on any system I ever owned, dating back to about 1982 (possibly earlier).

Brutus
05-17-2004, 09:25 AM
The only great game I have ever played that I don't want to play again after beating it on its hardest difficulty is Ninja Gaiden. Its an awesome game, but the difficulty is way too hard for me to try and beat it again in the future.
Hahahah! I've gone and thrown my controller about fifty times already and I've only got to the level 12 FIre dragon.
I've never cussed, complained and flat-out thrown any more fits than I had with this game.
I'm sure I'll love it all that much more when I beat it. But to want to go back into the middle of all of that **** when you know what's going to happen!? It gives me the heebee geebee's.
That's why I hate action titles.
The only reason why I am playing this one is because it is the very best one; Ever!
First GREAT! game trading in? Definitely.

TOTTEN
05-17-2004, 09:32 AM
i like to keep my older games because when i do trade in my older games i miss them the second i walk out of the store