PDA

View Full Version : The best controller? (plz read)

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 02:19 PM
I was wondering...

I have 2 original Xbox controllers and the crappy InterAct Power Pad. I would like a 4th, but I do not want to make the same mistake twice.

The InterAct controller's buttons are not very responsive at all and sometimes have to pound the buttons in 2 or 3 times to get some responce.

I was wondering what is the best controller out there?

I already got 2 original and I am looking for something a little different.

Could I possibly get some feedback on the following controolers and how well they respond/how sensative the buttons are?

Thrustmaster Upad
Mad Catz Pro Pad
Mad Catz Pro Pad Advance
X-Wing
Gamester Vortex

Thankx for the replies, and catch me on AIM under the name EHWfedPres if i miss anything. Once again, I appreciate the replies :)

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 02:24 PM
I see that you are new...and, welcome to the forums, by the way :)

On this site, there is a section called Controller Shootout. Just go to the main page and you will see it about 3-4 inches from the top/middle. Cick that and read what our amazing Moderators have developed!

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Yes I am new, tanks to my dumbass parents who are technologically misunderstood and messed up my e-mail :(

Anyway, I read that and it dosent have the Vortex, Upad, or the X-wing. Nor does it explain the sensativity of either. I heard the Mad Catz Pro Pad was not very responsive at all, yet there is nothing about this on the Controller shootout review thingey...?????

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 02:55 PM
We also talked about controllers on this thread. Click here: http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5177

There's some good info in there :)

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Ok, thankx man, I just dont want to make the same mistake twice.

I saw the X-Wing really cheap at Best Buy or somewhere, and it looks cool too :) But how's the sensativity of the analog buttons?

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Are you talking about the one by Pelican shown here?
http://www.4videogamers.com/images/products/PL-2002.JPG

If so, I have heard mixed things about it. It's, undoubtably, one of the coolest looking controllers on the XBox, in my opinion. A guy in here nicknamed "Frostberg" has it and he thinks it works great. Others have said it isn't nearly as good as the original.

Personally, I never purchase 3rd party controllers. I stick to the genuine controllers by Microsoft. One of the main reasons is because once you get used to a controller and start using a different one, it's becomes frusterating because my performance is lower on a game that I am normally good at simply because I'm not used to the controller. It's somewhat of a pet peave...I absolutely love the XBox controllers.

But, there is one controller that actually did catch my eye...it's not because of the looks...but, I understand that this is supposed to be top notch from a performance standpoint:

Here is one by Saitek:
http://store4.yimg.com/I/saitekusa_1671_26589

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Yeah, the first os the X-Wing and the second is the Adrenaline Pad. I heard the first sucks and the second dosent look all the good, look how far away the X button is from where the hand is placed...

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Yeah, the first os the X-Wing and the second is the Adrenaline Pad. I heard the first sucks and the second dosent look all the good, look how far away the X button is from where the hand is placed...

Dude, maybe you can rent controllers. I'm not sure...but, like any peice of hardware, I, generally, like to take a test drive before I go out a buy. The only negative thing I have heard about the controller by Saitek is that it only has one rumble engine instead of two, like the original XBox controller does. If you can get past that, I understand that it is a top notch controller. But, this is just hearsay....Generally, I only use 1st party controllers...no 3rd party. I own three genuine XBox controllers so far and I love them :)

BiohazardEHW
01-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Well the InterAct pad that sucks has 2 rumble engines, and that won't rumble if i bounced it off the wall...the original rumbles fine...

wizkid918
01-16-2002, 05:18 PM
i like madcatz, the analogs feel a bit more 'right' in my hand, dont get me wrong, original is cool too, but i find the PS2 controller a bit too small, and the original a bit too big, madcatz is in the middle, and is pretty much what i started with, im sure i would have adapted to the size of the original in an hour or 3 but still... i like madcatz

BiohazardEHW
01-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Oh well, forget about this post, I got 2 more Microsoft controllers today (which makes 4 Microsoft) because 2 of my friends came over today and we wanted to play Halo, but so did my brother, so we ran up to the mall and got 2 more...wow, 4 player halo games are awesome

shagg
01-18-2002, 02:22 AM
BIO dude, whats up with that signature? Looks more like an essay its soooo freaking long....lol.....j/k

peace

Ninja Scroll
01-18-2002, 08:46 AM
Those other controller, such as the Pelican are kind cool looking but I gotta stick with the original & offical Micosoft deveoped controller. But support any 3rd party if you wish. Whatever you choose your supporting da best system to date in Xbox!:cool:

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 10:54 AM
I prefer the original XBox controllers. They seem to be the most reliable out of them all. I like the feel of them and they have never caused me any problems. I own three and all work great :)

manchufu
01-18-2002, 11:04 PM
I agree with Max, the no one makes 'em like mom! (microsoft that is)

gula
01-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
I prefer the original XBox controllers. They seem to be the most reliable out of them all. I like the feel of them and they have never caused me any problems. I own three and all work great :)

Yes, I own 2 official XBox controllers, and was looking for another....until you introduced me to the Saitek Adrenalin Pad...::stares at the picture for another hour:: ::wipes drool off:: As soon as I find that thing in the store, I am definatly going to be buying it. I never saw that controller, or ever heard about it till today. Thanks Maximus!

tallboy
01-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Check out the Japanese controllers. These things are hot.
http://xbox.jp/about/spe_xbox.html

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 01:57 PM
hot? no. messed up? yes.

tallboy
01-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Sorry, but I think those Japanese ones are better. In Madden it'd be much easier to juke left/right or pass to white/black receivers with the buttons below the regular ones. Think about it.

Ben