PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Warroir?

Seckci
05-09-2004, 07:51 PM
ok ive read lotsssss about this game, but one thing puzzles me. In oxm they said like u dont acually ever fire a gun, what do they meen? can someone explian to me what fsw is like. I meen ive read atleast 4 articles on this game and i still dont get it.

BananaMan
05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
It's just a strategy, you just move your squads around basically. Nice spelling too.;)

Slowride
05-09-2004, 09:11 PM
It's just a strategy, you just move your squads around basically. Nice spelling too.;)

That sounds sort of lame. I mean I know games like age of empires pulls this off, but on xbox? It made TXB's top 10 hottest summers releases to. :confused: :confused: :hump: :hump:

sped
05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Console strategy games can be a pain in the ass.

BunnyRabbit
05-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Oh heck I wanted this game too.. Never fire a gun?

Sorry I cant do it..I thought it was an all guns ablaze sort of thing..Forget about it.

TOTTEN
05-09-2004, 10:18 PM
if you go to fullspectrumwarrior.com (http://fullspectrumwarrior.com)
and watc the movie/s youl want the game

Bakeman
05-09-2004, 11:36 PM
guys you need to watch the video's ... the very first videos show off the game play with a guy playing and explaining what he is doing.... it is obvious how the game plays with the videos and there wouldn't be all this guessing

BananaMan
05-10-2004, 12:02 AM
I won't buy it because i don't like strategy games like this, but I will rent it.

Seckci
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
idk the game seems ok, but no firing?!?!?!?! so sad

i might rent it.

WynnFire
05-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Anyone here see the Punisher? The one that is in theaters right now? The pierced guy (Ben Foster) is playing the PC version of Full Spectrum Warrior. It's a really short part but you get to see the interface and the men on the screen. Looks great, of course, it could've been just a video playing. Either way, lucky son of a gun.

Marc_01
05-10-2004, 10:28 PM
I watched the movies and I was about to go insane with all the freakin gun fire (supression fire). I guess you control men with "movie" guns that never run out of bullets.

Bakeman
05-10-2004, 10:52 PM
I watched the movies and I was about to go insane with all the freakin gun fire (supression fire). I guess you control men with "movie" guns that never run out of bullets.

Or perhaps the movies were editing in such a way that it just doesn't show you the reloading.

skorp
05-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah! kinda like Command and Conquer gameplay... Sorta...

Instead of an aerial (Top) view it's like Third person...

I think it will still be fun (Strategy gameplay)... Like playing chess but better I guess! :D

Bakeman
05-11-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah like Skorp said :)

Also the Co-Op mode online could be FUN FUN FUN with your friends.

kenji
05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
what they mean is you don't actually pull the trigger like in a FPS. You tell your squad to lay down cover fire or shoot a target. This is not my type of game at all. It is to slow for my liking and I don't think that it wall have a lot of different levels to keep me intrested.

shogun
05-14-2004, 03:54 AM
yes lets talk more

Anthony4sho
05-14-2004, 08:09 AM
You guys are not going to buy this obviously EXCELLENT game because it won't let you fire a bullet? :rolleyes:

This game is bringing something new to the table, and from what I can tell from the video's it looks like its going to only be for the real gamers, not the casual ones who only like mindless FPS. Regardless, I'm still getting it cuz looks very interesting.

Sheeyt
05-14-2004, 10:56 AM
You guys are not going to buy this obviously EXCELLENT game because it won't let you fire a bullet? :rolleyes:

This game is bringing something new to the table, and from what I can tell from the video's it looks like its going to only be for the real gamers, not the casual ones who only like mindless FPS. Regardless, I'm still getting it cuz looks very interesting.

Holy **** Anthony we actually agree on something. I can't believe the people that are going to pass up this obviously awesome game simply because "you can't fire a gun." Aren't there plenty of games that allow you to just run and gun. This game actually makes you think and plan an attack.

The graphics are amazing on this game. Not to mention Pandemic has been developing this game in conjuction with the military so it will be factually correct in every aspect of urban war. From securing a dead enemies weapon, to carrying a fallen comrade to a medevac.

I for one am itching to get this game in June. It also won best original game game at last years E3. This game is going to be an excellent game and the people who are passing it up because you "can't fire a gun" are selling themselves short. Watch the video's for gods sake.

aircobra
05-14-2004, 03:00 PM
I guess you control men with "movie" guns that never run out of bullets.

Uh, no..You do reload (its automatic), you also share your ammo with your squad.

FB-Gollum
05-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Absolutely brilliant. This game looks like the most tactical, intense and intellectually challenging app I've seen in recent memory. The video blew me away. The control looks so simple, but so effective. I can't wait. Not buying it cause there's no "action"? Well, mind games aren't for everyone. This game will hold me over until Fable and Halo 2, or maybe I'll just keep playing it. Incredible.

peejay
05-15-2004, 11:16 AM
It's endorsed by the US Army as a training tool for soldiers. That's why it has alot of strategy and whatnot. I personally, can't justify shelling out 50 bux for it because it's just not my type of game. I'll pass on this one and wait around for Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, and some of those other war/shooter games.

-Natas-
05-15-2004, 11:21 AM
This game seems lame to me. I have seen all the videos out for it and graphic wise it looks pretty good but the gameplay is not my type of gameplay as I like FPS's not some weak strategy game. I too will pass on buying this game.

Unreal
05-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Ever since I watched the movies of this game, my anticipation has shot through the roof. I can't wait for it to come out :D

mattgame
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
I may rent it first. I don't know too much about strategy games but I like the thrill of firing the head shot myself.

skorp
05-18-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm interested because its something a little different with the strategy concept... :)

Full Spectrum Warrior video (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_fswarrior_e3_2k4.html)