PDA

View Full Version : Why dont they advertise?

Wanted Xbox
07-23-2001, 10:57 PM
i remember reading that ms has 500million to throw away on advertising for xbox or something like that, and i havent seen not one advertisement yet for xbox, this is the time , i believe, for advertising because it is better for a anticipation, then to advertise when its already in stores, plus it would be a better advantage over gamecube

EIGamerzX
07-24-2001, 09:18 AM
i think that it's smarter to wait just a little longer, remember there's still around 100 days left till xbox launches, and microsoft has said that everyone will know what xbox is and halo etc. by nov. 8 so that's a pretty good indication that advertising will happen before xbox comes out, would you rather see the same xbox commercial running for weeks or wait till atleast the fall when alot of the commercials are done and you'll see lots.......also the developers aren't completely done yet and the commercials will be mostly in game so if they wait the commercials will contain content that is as close as possible to the final game.

......but i wish they would start

Azimiza-XBA
07-24-2001, 09:25 AM
I don't know... I think Microsoft is probably in the position of figuring out the best ways to advertise and at the same time, save as much of that $500 million for back up. I created a list of the five best ways Microsoft can advertise Xbox, posted below. Let me know what you think.

1) MTV Music Awards
2) WWF Raw is War on TNN
3) WWF Smackdown on UPN
4) At the Movie Theatres
5) In Arcades

If you guys think you have a better list, please share.

ThomasHun
07-24-2001, 10:57 AM
Fox on sundays football games during the day and simpsons at night. Cant beat it.