right?

DIGITAL
01-16-2002, 04:27 PM
an the games look great,but i allso got the advanced av pack with the s video,

DBXNY
01-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
an the games look great,but i allso got the advanced av pack with the s video,

Out of curiosity? Why aren't you using the HD A/V pack? Your TV is HDTV capable, right?

DBXNY
01-16-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
How would xbox look on a widescreen tv?

It depends on the whether the game is made to support widescreen or not. In general, widescreen TV's are capable of displaying more resolution than standard TVs. Depending on how the game is developed, if it supports it at all, then you would either get more graphics displayed on the screen (meaning, the scenary would be expanded to include items not shown on a standard TV), or you would get the same scenary as would be shown on a standard TV, but with greater resolution. The greater resolution in this case would also allow the scenary to display in correct proportions on the Widescreen set in "normal" widescreen display mode. An example of the former would be the widescreen mode in "Madden 2001", while the latter could be exemplified through the X-Box GUI.

Azazel
01-23-2002, 10:50 PM
I have a 43" widescreen and compared to my friends tv's it is far superior. If you have the money it is a must have

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Depends. I got an old 48" RCA widescreen I play Xbox/GCN on at my parents', but it doesn't come close to the detail I pick up on my 36" Wega. But then again, my folks also have a 40 hitachi HDTV I haven't tried yet...

So I guess it depends on what type of TV you compare the widescreen to. If it's HDTV compatable- it's no contest either way.

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

BUDDAH FURIOUS
01-24-2002, 12:03 AM
I have a 34" HDTV ready philips wide screen. I have the component adapter for the xbox. Lemme tell you, playing games with the xbox on this tv IS FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE! Mind you, the xbox has a built in hdtv decoder in case u were wondering.

LynxFX
01-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Mind you, the xbox has a built in hdtv decoder in case u were wondering.

Actually the xbox does not have an hdtv decoder built in. The only time you need an hdtv decoder is for watching broadcast television that is being broadcasted in HD.

The xbox does however support HD by specs (720p and 1080i). Unfortunately no game supports those resolutions yet. Test Drive and one other racing type game coming this spring is supposedly going to support those high resolutions. Every game however supports the 480p output that the xbox has with component connections as long as your tv supports it. This is where a digital set or HD ready or HDTV will benefit the most right now.

And yes it is an incredible gaming experience. Now if only every game supported widescreen I would be happy.