PDA

View Full Version : Eidos has announced 25 to Life

OuFtb
05-10-2004, 09:53 AM
As evidenced in GameSpot's exclusive preview, Eidos has announced 25 to Life, a new third-person shooter for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. While the game features online team-based combat reminiscent of SOCOM, its spirit is much closer to Grand Theft Auto, as it lets players battle for control of city streets instead of remote battlefields.

Developed by Avalanche Software, 25 to Life will allow up to 16 players to choose between two groups--highly trained police or heavily armed thugs. The two sides will square off on over a dozen maps based on inner-city settings, and indulge in a series of match types, including a capture the flag variant called "capture the stash." Both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game will support the USB headset.

25 to Life will also have a single-player campaign, which will let players unlock items for the multiplayer match-ups. Players will gain experience in both modes which will give them access to customization features, including tattoos and real-world urban fashions for thugs and a more varied arsenal for police.

Eidos promises the game's environments will be "highly interactive," and will come complete with urban ambience such as car alarms, barking dogs, and hostile pedestrians. Adding to the street ambiance will be a hardcore hip-hop soundtrack including tracks by DMX and Tupac.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/10/news_6096265.html

Kyle Static
05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
....what about the cars! CAN WE DRIVE THE CARS MAN!?

If we can't drive the cars...and the graphics suck (which they most definitley will) we will wind up with another state of emergency...only ONLINE! *sigh*

severd hed
05-10-2004, 10:42 AM
if it is good...hopefully it supports custom soundtracks on the xbox...because i dont want to listen to that crap while i play games.

RichVGS
05-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Man, I really want to believe in this game, but Eidos has let me down a few too many times in the past. I'll probably wait until I know more info before making any real decision about 25 to Life

TOTTEN
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
looks awsome

CarGuy
05-10-2004, 01:30 PM
"Eidos promises the game's environments will be "highly interactive," and will come complete with urban ambience such as car alarms, barking dogs, and hostile pedestrians."

Oooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Barking dogs, YES!!! This game is gonna rock I'm gonna shoot stuff!!

ColdArmoR
05-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Wow, sounds very good!