PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft announces Splinter Cell 3

OuFtb
05-10-2004, 09:57 AM
With Pandora Tomorrow riding high in the charts and on reviewers' game of the month lists, it wasn't a question of if there would be another Splinter Cell sequel, but when. Today, at the E3 convention in Los Angeles, Ubisoft let gamers know they'll be able to strap on Sam Fisher's night-vision goggles by the year's end.

In a statement, the publisher announced that Splinter Cell 3 (working title) is scheduled to ship in "late 2004" for the PC, with console dates to be announced soon. Unlike Pandora Tomorrow, which came out of Ubisoft Shanghai, Splinter Cell 3 is being developed in the company's Montreal studio, where the first Splinter Cell was created.

“We expect Splinter Cell 3 to be the best-looking game on any platform, period, thanks to Ubisoft’s incredible command of the latest technologies and visionary creativity," said Ubisoft's President and CEO Yves Guillemot. While such praise is par for the press-release course, Ubisoft announced it will put its money where it mouth is, and demo the game at Ubisoft’s E3 booth.

While Pandora Tomorrow ran on the same engine as the first game in the series, Splinter Cell 3 will be based on "never-before-seen graphics technology" which will feature rag-doll physics, particle effects, and interactive environments. The revamped graphics will also give Fisher a new repertoire of deadly moves, including stealth-kill maneuvers like the inverted chokehold and combat knife techniques. There will also be weapons aplenty, including many prototype weapons.

Ubisoft's statement also said Splinter Cell 3 will also feature "totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives." The game's AI will also be totally new, giving non-player characters personal attributes, natural behavior, and letting them "remember" events. Multiplayer co-op play will also make a return in a series of all-new multiplayer challenges.

Like its predecessors, Splinter Cell 3's story concerns Fisher embarking on another series of deep-penetration stealth missions for the secret agency Third Echelon. Set in 2008, the game centers on a series of information warfare attacks originating from North Korea.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/10/news_6096660.html

thrAsher
05-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Man, Ubi is on a freaking roll. They've got games coming out there ears, noses, etc.....

CarGuy
05-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Maybe if we're lucky they'll let Sam pick up the bad guys weapons after we kill 'em.

ColdArmoR
05-10-2004, 02:06 PM
All I can say is wow. O_O

http://www.xequted.com/screenshots/?path=./Splinter%20Cell%203/ Screens.

Jet
05-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I hope they put a bigger focus on the multi-player. Not that the second was lacking, its just that I love this game on LIVE, yet can't stand it in single-player mode.

SoundX
05-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Woah, yeah, Ubi are really pushing themselves and getting out tons of quality games. I am extremely happy about another SC on the way but anymore I think would probably be to much of the same. They've taken it everywhere it can go now, unless they have some really good plans for anymore I hope they wait till the next batch of consoles for another Splinter Cell.

I heard Prince of Persia 2 is coming too, awsome. Go Ubi!

xbox is so COOL
05-10-2004, 03:42 PM
ya ubisoft is awesome

i need the 2nd splinter cell badly :(

Seckci
05-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Cant wait! I love multiplayer sc but eck there single player made me sick.

CMX Jedi
05-10-2004, 07:10 PM
i hope SC 3 will have a better single player, the one in PT is kinda boreing. i hope it has the multiplayer but more people. like 3 on 3 or even 4 on 4 with bigger maps.

sped
05-10-2004, 07:58 PM
So I take it that im the only one that likes the single player in PT?

BunnyRabbit
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
All I can say is wow. O_O

http://www.xequted.com/screenshots/?path=./Splinter%20Cell%203/ Screens.

:yikes:

Man.. This is awesome.. Ubi is on a roll.. Its insane. I bet the third time will be the biggest charm.. I mean the first and second..awesome.. The third.. Whoaaa BoY! :hump:

skorp
05-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Sounds sweet!!! ;)

I hope they put more missions...

and adding possibly 4 player FPS view option would be good... :cheers:

Variation-XBA
05-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Hope there's alot more MP action :D
I want to see some major graphic updates too

GreenWeenie
05-11-2004, 08:12 AM
So I take it that im the only one that likes the single player in PT?

Hey I'm with ya man....but I do like MP better :rofl:

LTM360
05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I like single-player but MP just kicks its.. own arse.. :huh:

Anyways... WOW! Ubi is on a freakin roll man, this is insane, and the graphics are gonna get better, that insane. I hope they add 3v3 or 4v4 though, and with some much bigger maps if they do that. "Inverted Chockhold" wow, that would.. well I guess, 'will' be sweet. Alpha & Snoochy, I'll get you guys in the 3rd installment :cool:

JediMasterChief
05-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Another Splinter Cell? I'm sure it will be good as the two previous ones. But I'm speculating on getting it.

Sheeyt
05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
www.1up.com has the first movie available of Splinter Cell 3... It looks bad ass.