PDA

View Full Version : Master Ninja Tournament, starts this Wednesday

JJaX
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/ninjagaiden/masterninjatournament.htm?level1=enushome&level2=fg4bullet&level3=masterninjatournament

Thanks Casper for the heads up :eek:

Anthony4sho
05-11-2004, 03:14 PM
You have to be 18 to win anything. What a bunch of ****.

Anthony4sho
05-13-2004, 11:18 AM
So how is every1 doing in the tournament? I finished round 1 today in 6 hours and 45 minutes and I'm ranked 88 outta 98 people.

My ranking was pretty sucky. My karma was like 72 something, and my final rating was head ninja. I definitly choked considering the first, second, and 3rd time I beat the game I finished on Greater Ninja or better, but w/e.

So how is every one else doing?

JJaX
05-13-2004, 12:21 PM
What level do you have to play to?

I finished with master ninja on the first level, and Im on the boss on horse back now.

Anthony4sho
05-13-2004, 02:32 PM
What level do you have to play to?

I finished with master ninja on the first level, and Im on the boss on horse back now.

You have to complete the game. This is how I did on each level.

Master ninja
Master ninja
Master ninja
Master ninja
Greater ninja
Ninja Dog
Head ninja
Ninja Dog
Master ninja
Head
Greater
Lesser
Lesser
Head
Head

I could have done alot better but oh well. I never took more then 40 minutes to finish a level, but on some I took too long to finish it.

JJaX
05-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Damn man...

I dont have to the time to play through the damn game again.

Anthony4sho
05-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Damn man...

I dont have to the time to play through the damn game again.

I kno. I was tripping too when I saw that ****. But don't wrry. You have until June 15th I believe to submit your scores over XBL. Its on normal too, so it should only take at the most 12 hours to beat.

JJaX
05-13-2004, 03:00 PM
I guess ill just bang out a level a day...

But the way I'm playing it is, if i don't kill the enemies within the time to get the bonus Karma, I reload my game.

Perfection is necessary.

Anthony4sho
05-13-2004, 03:17 PM
My strategy is just to finish the level as fast possible to make up for all the time bonuses I blow.

CarGuy
05-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Pheeww... I got this game the day it came out and I still haven't beat it.. I don't stand a chance.

Ninja Scroll
05-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Sup kids!

Yo,yo,yo.. XBA Role Model, Savior, Icon, & Idol-KidNinjaPimp in da hizzy ya herred me!

Aight kids, just beat da Master Ninja Tourney.
Yo JJax, it's true, you have to beat da game on any difficulty level to qualify for da online play.

Here's my final stats:

MASTER NINJA

Clear Time: 7:12:09 (dats right homies, 7 hours ;) )
Kills: 2,323
Essence: 14,964
Ninpo: 5

Ranked: 171 out of 394 (total and ranking as of 1:45pm ET)

Gaiden is by far my favorite Xbox game just ahead of Halo.
Though I got an overall ranking of "Master Ninja" some of those stages are sooo short I dunno how you could get Master ranking.
One thing that I dont get is the "essence" point system. Sometimes I will get a zero for essence on a level, but then I will get several hundred the next level, go fig.

As far as I know, for everyone who completes da game online-they will get some gifts, from T-Shirts to wrist bands as it as indicated on www.xbox.com

There are 3 rounds and I really do believe the next 2 levels will pit us all to complete the game on Hard & Very Hard level difficulty.
Mang, Hard is a understatment.
I was a lil'disappointed to kind all da hype of Gaiden's online play was just us playing it all over just for a high score. :rolleyes:

On a side note, anyone get all 50 scarbs to get da original Ninja Gaiden NES games?
Shiii, I could only get 47! :(
Hopefully OXM will have a demo disc with da unlockable originals to download.

btw, only (well ,second) thing I dont like about Master tourney is you dont have da option to see XBL Friends rankings.
All you can skip to are yours.

overall, I love gaiden to death! Just wish da XBL Enabled feature consisted of original content. Like there being a Ninja Battle Royal! So I could murder & slaughter JJax & Chubrock! :D