PDA

View Full Version : Xbox's Jewels...

skoot182
01-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Love the xbox for the gaming quality, not the jewels

guy 1 - I cant decide whether to buy an xbox or a gamecube.

guy 2 - what do you like most about each system?

guy 1 - well, i like everything about the xbox, but i hate those jewels, im gonna get gamecube

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Who gives a rat's ass about the jewels? Do they make games better? Quite personally, all I need to see is my TV screen and a frosty beer sitting by my side.

:p

Rancey
01-16-2002, 03:03 PM
rofl, I usually look at my TV when playing games, not the jewel.

skoot182
01-16-2002, 03:10 PM
why is everyone complaining about the design of a system???

one more comment about it, ill tell you what to do withMY

umm, nevermind. :D

wizkid918
01-16-2002, 03:11 PM
dont worry what the others say motoko...
the controller one aint too bad, and i hear ya about the box one, but sorry to say, i think everyone with an xbox will be proud that they are the only console that has any jewels, who cares what they look like, at least it has em' :)

Supperdog
01-16-2002, 04:17 PM
If it really irks you THAT much, just get a MadCatz controller w/o the jewel. other than that, just ignore it. its not like you stare at the controller while you are six feet away from the exit in halo on ledgendary, anyway ;) :D

DIGITAL
01-16-2002, 04:20 PM
I use it to reflect the sun into my opponets eye why playing DOA3 plus it looks cool with the x dancing across the walls ,try it

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 04:31 PM
All I do is stare at the jewel on the XBox and game controller...I stare in utter disappointment and never watch my TV screen and all of the action that is going on. I am obsessed with the jewel and why it's not as nice as the Japanese jewels. I feel ripped off and am going to cast my XBox in the ditch...I need a nice Jewel. In fact, I think I am going to move to Japan so I can have a nice Jewel...I want one of those nice Jewels...to laugh with it, to talk with it...to rub it so it will shine shine shine...I want to giggle with it because it's a big deal to me...I want to lick it, feel it, sing to it, fart by it, belch by it, dance with it, listen to it, smell it...because it's a big deal :rolleyes:

CO1
01-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Maximus you're definitely a tard. Of course I mean that in the most loving and affectionate way possible between two straight guys. Good post, I'm still laughing.

I kind of understand the disappointment in the jewels because I thought they would glow green and I had a few people mention that they thought the jewels would look different. Still though the bottom line is that the XBox is the best game console on the planet, cool jewels or no cool jewels!

Heyyoudvd
01-16-2002, 04:56 PM
One thing I hate about the Xbox jewel is, as DIGITAL said, the fact that it reflects light. When I play under a ceiling light, the light reflects right in my eyes. It's kinda annoying, but I could care less how the thing actually looks.

BTW, most people here agree that looks don't matter-all that matter are the games.

If this is the case, then why do so many people bash Gamecube for its colour, its handle etc...?

LynxFX
01-16-2002, 05:01 PM
I think the gamecube gets bashed because of its color is because that is the entire system. It sticks out like a sore purple thumb when it is next to your other AV equipment. The xbox and PS2 fit in quite well with existing equipment. The jewel is just part of it and on top of the system so I could care less.

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
One thing I hate about the Xbox jewel is, as DIGITAL said, the fact that it reflects light. When I play under a ceiling light, the light reflects right in my eyes. It's kinda annoying, but I could care less how the thing actually looks.

BTW, most people here agree that looks don't matter-all that matter are the games.

If this is the case, then why do so many people bash Gamecube for its colour, its handle etc...?

Heyyoudvd...in regards to the LameCube, you miss the entire point here. I agree with Lynxfx, but, I would also like to add the fact that it's purple and has a handle on it...and that this makes me imagine some little girl carrying it while playing hopscotch. It's cute, don't get me wrong :rolleyes:

Too bad the LameCube doesn't play DVDs...if it did, the only DVD that would suit the LameCube is a six pack of episodes of Barney.

SciFi
01-16-2002, 05:11 PM
firstly, the pictures I saw of t Jap Xbox and controler (could't get your pics up, but have seen many other ones) look just like the US Xbox jewel. If you don'tlike the controler one(the picture of which I like exept for the carboard fact:D ), then get the Vortex with the glowing one...

gtaplayer
01-16-2002, 05:14 PM
i was sorta depressed when i saw a miesly rounded green, i was hoping for some kinda diamond like effect like when u look at in diffrent ways it turns a diffrent shade of green, like ps2 those colors look like it was done by a intelligent man...but the xbox lokos like some little kid just filled in the circle with the color green...but its ok when im mad i just turn it on and take my anger out on the druggies from max payne headshot with a shotgun blow them 10 yards back :)

l Maximus l
01-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
eRR....I love my xbox.

although the jewels do bother me, I didn't mean that I hate the system because of the fricken jewels.

I would have bought it no matter how it looked, so all of you need to calm your asses down. If everyone keeps ASSUMING that "I hate xbox because of the jewels" you're wrong. I was saying what I thought about them.

It was just an opinion I had.

Motoko...lol...I must admit, I was just having fun :D I know what you meant...the jewels do look a little cheap...but, to me, that's just minor cosmetics :D Personally, my XBox sits in an area where I don't even see the top of it...it's in a spot that was seemingly built for it....just front access...as for the controllers, I think it's just a sticker covered with a clear lense. But, it's all good...lol...Sarcasm can be funny if it's done tastefully :D

Frostberg
01-16-2002, 05:50 PM
Its just a sticker on your XBox...wahhh...anyway what did you think it would be, diamond? How about a clear glass bubble. Ok then if it falls out some kid will come out and cut himself if the glass breaks and MS will get sued or something...but as a "jewel", was it suppost to be some kind of emerald or a ruby? Or was it suppost to sing as good/bad as jewel? Maybe the one on the controller could do something. It seems like a waste and it would of been interesting for MS to steal the VMU idea because that was a pretty nice one...but I just wonder why people care? It's fine the way it is, and if it bothers you just dont look at it or find something better to worry about. I advise on writing a complaint, compliment or suggestion letter to some company via www.planetfeedback.com I.ll even help you on some ideas...you can write many letters to ninetndo but how about we look into current events and write to a pretzel company and tell them to stop their "attempted homicides" on President Bush! While were talking about pretzels why not view some political cartoons on this subject... http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/pretzels/

GokuX
01-16-2002, 07:08 PM
It woulda been cool had they put one green LED in there to light up the jewel.

Snoopy7548
01-16-2002, 07:28 PM
they should have just put a real big diamond instead of the jewel, microsoft probly has enough money to do that:D

LynxFX
01-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Actually it wouldn't be too hard to mod it to put your own LED in there. I've done it with a mouse (pc mouse, not the kind that eat cheese before ;) ) before.

Hmmm, I'll start to look into it since they are like 50 cents at Radio Shack.

monkeyman
01-16-2002, 08:44 PM
why does it matter?

GokuX
01-17-2002, 08:41 AM
I've done it with a mouse (pc mouse
Hey Lynxfx was that an optical? I've seen some who replaced the red with a blue one before. Hmm Blue LEDs + XBox.... interesting. Replace the front green LEDs with ultra bright blues blind your friends.:eek: It'd have that PS2 look to it.

Hugh_Jass
01-17-2002, 11:24 AM
I wish all the buttons lit up. I'd also like to see a dull green glowing ring around the dpad and thumb sticks.

Why? Because I play XBOX in the dark and it might come in handy in addition to being very cool.

skoot182
01-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

six pack of episodes of Barney.

...and we all know this isnt maxi's kind of 6 pack, although i bet he likes em better in 12 and 24.......

LynxFX
01-17-2002, 11:42 AM
GokuX,

No it was before the optical mouse craze. The case just happened to be translucent and I saw some people do it with the mac mice(also translucent). It just made the whole thing glow a cool blue.

Now they do that anyway. :D

Now if the controllers glowed that would really kick ass. I'm always having to turn on the lights to find the things and then if it is a new game and I have to look at the buttons. Ughh. Good call Hugh_Jass

Xboxderekman
01-17-2002, 06:32 PM
I like my jewel, but it cracked, it just bugs me thats all. I LOVE THE JEWELS!!!! DONT DIS THE JEWELS!!!!!!

LynxFX
01-17-2002, 07:58 PM
How did you crack the jewel? Did you try prying it off or something?

Snoopy7548
01-18-2002, 01:47 PM
haha, i tried to pry mine off the xbox and it got tiny cracks on the site, but they arent even noticible unless you look really hard

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 02:47 PM
My "Jewel" that I sit on has a nice crack :D

DIGITAL
01-18-2002, 03:48 PM
what made you try to pry the jewel off ,i mean thats just crazy

Snoopy7548
01-18-2002, 04:00 PM
i just wanted to see if it came off:D

Xbox Owner
10-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
All I do is stare at the jewel on the XBox and game controller...I stare in utter disappointment

:D

Zion
10-02-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Motoko
Is anyone else ticked off about both of Xbox's jewels?

First of all, there's the actual console jewel. Quite frankly, I think it looks like sh*t. I thought the it was going to be translucent and "jewel-ish". It just looks like a solid green plastic thing.

And don't get me started with the controller jewel...good god...what the hell did they do to it?! It's a ****in piece of cardboard for cryin' out loud!

my links didn't work. ****it.

1) It's just a sticker.

2) At least the console is not a pink cube!

laughs
10-02-2002, 07:55 AM
The jewels really don't matter to me, but I gotta say that the controller jewels are really bad. I shell out so much money for a controller and it got cardboard inside. Thats laughable.

Leviathon
10-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Maybe this is a Rumor, but for christmas this year they are going to be downsizing the Xbox. The makers of the Hardrive found a way to make them smaller so they are reducing the size of the xbox, and will be packaging the S controller with it. I was more upset at how huge the original controller was. could care less about the Jewel, however, I do like her music.:D

Snoopy7548
10-02-2002, 01:57 PM
youre the one who bumped it

Spike Minoda
10-02-2002, 05:49 PM
[lol]I was gonna say... Max is posting a lot more and that he said that lil thing about a jewel before... but then i saw that it was on 1-26-02! /[lol]

Supperdog
10-02-2002, 06:24 PM
why the sudden surge of interest in this thread?

Xbox Owner
10-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog
why the sudden surge of interest in this thread?

In the words of Mokoto:

Because it's funny, monkey boy. :D

y2kash_14
10-04-2002, 03:09 AM
bump!!.........why?........because its funny..................monkey boy;)

Reclaimer
10-04-2002, 04:22 AM
Hey monkey boys, I like my jewels. They're useful, functional and quite nice to look at. But I found that I have to clean my jewels regularly or a funk occurs and it scares the female players.

laughs
10-04-2002, 08:26 AM
I for one want to get something out here you guys. I have had several relationships with both the Gamecube handle and the PS2 mysterious light. I must say that both are very snobish and over rated. They would not let me make any sexual ground on either of them. However the XBOX Jewel....although somewhat of a eye pain......is very easy and never once turned down my sexual passes. I too have taken long walks on the beach with it, I have cuddled it on those lonely winter nights, I have penetrated its many ports, and yes may I say licked the Jewel hundreds.... even thousands of times. The Jewel is my partner in life and I have grown to accept it. Come on now guys you know you love your Jewel despite its elementary style design and devious something or other....ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ