PDA

View Full Version : EA.Live.Final

prakeem
05-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Finally (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/e32004/ea/default.htm)

Battlefield: Modern Combat :cheers:
Fifa 2005 :cheers:
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent :cheers:

all on live, just to name a few!

Xbox Owner
05-10-2004, 10:52 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/10/news_6096976.html

15 EA live titles by the end of the year!

Slowride
05-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Well...finally it's official. Still great news. Thanks for that link xbox owner. I got scared when I didn't see ncaa 2005 listed for EA Live titles on xbox.com. I look forward to this game ever year, and this was gonna be the first year I was gonna pass on it just cuz I don't have much money and my games MUST be xbl. But, due to a gracious gaming God, I will have a blast when ncaa 2005 comes out in july. I really hope they have a system in place against people quitting when they know they've lost to cheat the system. In Links 2004 the other day I had a guy quit on the 18th hole when he missed a put and knew for sure I'd win just before I putted out. Bah....anyways great news.

Fifa and battlefield will own to. Man....i'm gonna be spending to much on games this summer!!!

skorp
05-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Wow! That is good news...

That's the smartest thing they've done since.... ummm I believe announcing they will partner with Microsoft to be on Xbox Live... :rofl:

What else could they do for games like Madden 2005 for example to consistently
make huge amounts of people buy it anyway? Who knows?... :confused:

Maybe graphics wise... But I'm sure they're probably gonna save it for the next gen consoles.

Slowride
05-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah maybe now they will take more advantage of the power of the box instead of porting? Hope so...

Koopa
05-11-2004, 01:00 AM
of course they give us the ugly-tacular modern combat instead of the nice looking PC Battlefield Two.

Battlefield Two
http://planetbattlefield.com/bf2/1.jpg

Modern Combat
http://planetbattlefield.com/moderncombat/1.jpg

but hey its BF on xbox so whatever

VenoM
05-11-2004, 02:03 AM
online soccer game on the xbox....its about time :)

Variation-XBA
05-11-2004, 02:15 AM
OMG yes!!! Burnout 3 on LIVE!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

ScottTheKilla
05-11-2004, 04:09 AM
Ahh the official announcement....no more rumors like in the past. The only game I really look forward to is Battlefield as long as EA doesnt pull some extra charges crap.

Sheeyt
05-11-2004, 05:17 AM
WoW if that really is the Battlefield MC it's uglier then sin....WTF???

dpg50000
05-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Quote from http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/11/xbox_live_ea/ .....

"The service launched in November 2002 but EA had doubts about the revenue-sharing model. The service also had to be run on Microsoft-controlled servers and EA appears to have had doubts about giving a competitor so much access to how people played its games. Microsoft now allows third parties to run servers. Financial terms of the deal were not released."

So, the games will not be running on MS's dedicated servers, which so far have provided excellent, lag-free performance for me. Who is to say EA are going to provide the same high quality service? And how will EA make it pay? Additional subscription costs? Even more expensive games?

Remember also EA update their popular titles each year (sometimes less than a year - FIFA etc) and wanted the right to switch off support for older versions. So, the most you can play an EA game online for is a year, then you have to buy a new one.

Chaotic
05-11-2004, 07:28 AM
Heres the link from xbox.com http://www.xbox.com/en-us/e32004/ea/default.htm?level1=enushome&level2=hero&level3=eaxboxlive

Slowride
05-11-2004, 11:46 AM
I worry about that to dpg50000. If they require additional fees for online play, then that will suck. Especially if you can't play it for more than a year....i'd be so mad i'd never buy an EA game again.

And chaotic mage wtf! Thats the same link prakeem posted!!!

Sheeyt
05-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Battlefield: MC will host 24 players live! Straight from DICE's press release today!!

Digital Illusions brings Battlefield franchise to Xbox LIVE

Digital Illusions' award-winning Battlefield franchise is coming to the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft. Battlefield: Modern Combat is a customization of the previously announced game for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Electronic Arts will publish both titles under the EA GAMEST brand.

"Battlefield is now developed for three of the four major platforms. This gives us the opportunity to reach new target groups, and gain shares of several markets," said Patrick Söderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions.

During spring 2003 three new agreements with Electronic Arts were announced, including Battlefield: Modern Combat for the PlayStation 2 console. The new title - Battlefield: Modern Combat for Xbox - is a customization of Battlefield for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. The game is tailored and enhanced for the Xbox, with improvements made to both the visuals and the performance.

Battlefield: Modern Combat for Xbox enables up to 24 players to engage in all-out war on the modern battlefields of the world. Online play requires the Xbox console and a subscription to Xbox Live.

Battlefield: Modern Combat is developed at Digital Illusions' Gothenburg studio. The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942T PC into the modern era with the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems. Players can choose between more than 30 different vehicles, 70 weapons and to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the fictitious Middle East Coalition.

Battlefield: Modern Combat for Xbox will be sold at full price for approximately $49.99 USD. Electronic Arts will publish and distribute the game.

Digital Illusions is showing four new games during E3 - the world's biggest gaming trade show - in Los Angeles between May 12th and 14th. Other than Battlefield: Modern Combat for Xbox and PlayStation 2, the company will show Battlefield 2 for PC and Rallisport Challenge 2 for Xbox.

mattgame
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Sony must be shattin' themselves as they witness the takeover in full effect mode. EA on Live, it's a wrap! All is forgiven EA.

Sheeyt
05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Sony's press conference today was laughable. All they talked about was how they outsold the competition. The only thing they showed was PSP. Nintendo's is heading down the same laughable path right now.

mattgame
05-11-2004, 02:29 PM
What else did PS2 say? They know that they're in trouble man. I'm trying to post a link where some of this info is located but I am having problems with my computer.

BananaMan
05-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Heck yeah! It's gonna be sweet playing battlefield:modern combat. Even though I'll stick with espn 2005, over madden, I might pick up NCAA. But this should be only for the better, getting EA on LIVE!!

WynnFire
05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Is this someone blowing up an asian EA office? If so, I will buy the day it comes out. Even if it isn't, I'm still buying the game.

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/battlefieldmoderncombat/sim-battlefieldmoderncombat-003.jpg

TOTTEN
05-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Sony must be shattin' themselves as they witness the takeover in full effect mode. EA on Live, it's a wrap! All is forgiven EA.
dont be too quick to forgive them they might give us crap for games

BananaMan
05-12-2004, 05:00 PM

Madden, NCAA, Battlefields, crappy games :huh:

X-Fan
05-12-2004, 05:26 PM
this will be in my very humble opinion the ver last nail in the ps2's coffin at least in north america.HAIL THE XBOX!!!!

Kortiz
05-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Well, at first, I was thinking -- ESPN FOREVER WHA WHA!!!

But then I started thinking. I have really been into this franchise I have built right now with the Cowboys. I wish that I could have used the same setup like Madden had with the NCAA title where you could import Draft picks and stuff.

It would have been HOT to have drafted Julius Jones to Dallas.

I want to do that.

So, who knows what I'll buy now. I may end up purchasing EA's NCAA 2005 Football and EA's Madden 2005. Now I'll have LIVE mode to play which tops the cake with a big juicy cherry...

Sheeyt
05-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I will take a Battlefield game anyday, even if it's pretty poopy looking.

Slowride
05-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Well, at first, I was thinking -- ESPN FOREVER WHA WHA!!!

But then I started thinking. I have really been into this franchise I have built right now with the Cowboys. I wish that I could have used the same setup like Madden had with the NCAA title where you could import Draft picks and stuff.

It would have been HOT to have drafted Julius Jones to Dallas.

I want to do that.

So, who knows what I'll buy now. I may end up purchasing EA's NCAA 2005 Football and EA's Madden 2005. Now I'll have LIVE mode to play which tops the cake with a big juicy cherry...

When you import a draft class there's no gaurantee you'd get who you want right? Well except Julius Jones, no one wanted him.

mattgame
05-13-2004, 10:59 AM

You're kiddin' right?

Kortiz
05-13-2004, 01:46 PM
When you import a draft class there's no gaurantee you'd get who you want right? Well except Julius Jones, no one wanted him.

Either way, I'd be happy doing any sort of draft.

If I had to, I could trade up for a good spot...NY really wanted Eli...I'm sure if it meant giving up a lot to get Steven Jackson...I could.

Anyway, I like this format. ESPN, afaik, doesn't have real people in their draft. Just made up names with a college and a 40yd dash time. I want to play NCAA in July, watch the teams' players develop and then wait for a season to end and then draft them over to ESPN NFL.

That, to me...is tits. I wish I'd have taken advantage of that last year. Now, though, I'm more interested in the football games and look forward to what EA and Sega have in store for us.

Slowride
05-13-2004, 01:50 PM
NCAA is the best football game out there anyways imo.

Brutus
05-13-2004, 03:03 PM
About time. I like to believe that all of our antics and B!TCHING at them paid off.
Updated game rosters, new levels, new skins on characters.
...I just shed a tear!

WynnFire
05-13-2004, 03:12 PM

Well of course they will, but at least they will be online.