PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice Announced

OuFtb
05-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Davilex Games, the Dutch games publisher known for its top-selling racing franchises London Racer, Autobahn Raser and Paris-Marseille Racing and licensed property titles such as Knight Rider -The Game, is proud to announce the development and publishing of a new sensational game based on the popular 80's TV series Miami Vice. This new title, licensed by Universal Studios Consumer Products Group, is slated for a worldwide release in Q4 of 2004 and for the PS2, XBOX and PC.

Miami Vice was one of the most popular TV series of the 80's taking millions of viewers on under-cover missions through the streets of Miami with characters like the cool Sonny Crockett, his trustworthy partner Ricardo Tubbs and the demanding Lieutenant Martin Castillo. The Miami street scene, the atmosphere of the series and the thrilling adventures of the detectives give an ultimate setting for sensational gameplay. Miami Vice has won 2 Emmy Awards , 2 Golden Globes and is in continuous TV syndication throughout the world. The series has never lost its attraction to viewers young and old. Soon, fans around the world can actively immerse themselves into the world of Miami Vice and play recognizable scenes.

Davilex is committed to making Miami Vice a triple A quality title and has contracted non other than UK studio Atomic Planet Entertainment to develop the game. Atomic Planet Entertainment is a renowned studio, having developed a number of blockbuster titles for publishers such as Capcom, Codemasters, Infogrames and SCEE.

"We are really excited to be working on Miami Vice and with Davilex" says APE Development Director, Jason Falcus. "Davilex have acquired a fantastic license, and share our vision of creating a top quality game, which does it justice. We are very pleased to be working with them on what we hope will be a long term development partnership."

Miami Vice will be a 3rd person operated game with free roaming and numerous encounters and missions. The player can embark on dangerous raids and fast-moving gunfights in a bid to bring justice to nightclubs and warehouses of Miami. A gripping storyline featuring detective work, conspiracies and corruption will be experienced as the player strives to destroy Calderon's narcotics empire.

"We are thrilled to have acquired the Miami Vice license and to have signed a solid development partner like Atomic Planet Entertainment" says CEO, Rogier Avis. "Making a game based on Miami Vice has been talked about a lot and I am proud Davilex Games will be publishing this highly anticipated title."

Source (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/5903/Miami-Vice-Announced)

I'm a little young for Miami Vice, never seen the show, but if this turns out good mabey I'll rent it somtime.

Corona
05-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Horrible show, maybe a worse game. What do you think a license like this would cost? i'm guessing alot even thou it hasn't aired in s long, when it did even the syndication was through the roof as long as 5 years after the fact.

My guessing is that with a heavy premium comes a light game, ya know light in the arse.

they should make "True Crimes: Miami Vice" bringing the GTA knock full circle :)

WynnFire
05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
The only thing I really liked about Miami Vice was the opening music. They might get the rights to the show pretty cheap but will probably have to pay a pretty penny to get Don Johnson's likeness or voice if they are going to use the original cast.