PDA

View Full Version : Doom3, Fable, Thief, Battlefield, Republic Commando

revernd
05-14-2004, 11:08 AM
E3 Doom3, Fable, Thief, Battlefield, Republic Commando are all playable and they are looking fantastic!!!

Doom3 is lokking great, very dark, graphics are great. SOund is chilling, will be a great title.

Fable looks good, the graphics were a little disappointing but that could just be me. All in all looked pretty cool.

Thief looks incredible, graphics are great. Gameplay is smooth, will be a hot title.

Battlefield: modern combat, well its coming, and will be live. it i s looking good, i thought it was a little sluggish but will hopefully be better upon release.

Republic commando is shaping up to be pretty cool. I have played it on both PC and xbox and i am loving it. Definetly a nice twist, and the enemies are pretty cool.

Slowride
05-14-2004, 11:26 AM
:watchout: :watchout: Great news!!! Thanks for the updates. :watchout: :watchout:

TOTTEN
05-14-2004, 11:30 AM
is republic comando out on the box or did you play a demo?

thrAsher
05-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the impressions, revernd. Now, let me hear why Fable didn't look all that hot to you...please, enlighten me.

revernd
05-14-2004, 12:37 PM
it looks good, just the graphics werent finished i believe. They were not very crisp, but that could be for a number or reasons, or the many beers i had. i will be hitting the show up today again in a couple mins, ill take some pics.

Sheeyt
05-14-2004, 03:38 PM
LoL the reason the graphics weren't "CRISP" is because the graphics have been scaled back drastically from what we've seen. Not to mention oodles of features that where orginally spoke of have been removed. All in all Fable could end up being the biggest hype game to flop ever. I remember reading about Fable before Xbox was even released back in the days of Project Ego, the game look absolutely stunning. Now they've promised release after release, delayed it a thousand times, removed half of the interaction they promised, promised new things removed those, dumbed down the graphics added horns or halos.......I was once very excited about Fable.... Now its a wait and see.

The graphics unfortunately are finished. The team is in the final stages of bug testing the game is actually set to ship in September.

Douchesforfun
05-14-2004, 03:59 PM
*begins to drool* if only i had enough money for all of those games.

LynxFX
05-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Actually there has been very little change in the graphics of Fable from the beginning. Last year during our private meeting with them Nick actually offended the guys by saying "Did you guys do something to the graphics, it doesn't look as good as the screenshots that have been floating around." Dene Carter replied, "We haven't changed a thing in the graphics."

But graphics aren't the main point of this game, it is the scale and detail as to what is going on that makes it a killer app. Everything is aging and interacting with eachother so takes a big chunk out of what power is left in the xbox to actually draw the scenes.

Shadow20002
05-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah.. from what i have seen from the start like screenshots, sneak peeks, trailers and e3 movies, the graphics in Fable isn't really quite good. But i know the developer focus more on the gameplay rather than graphic engine and i'm looking for the gameplay in Fable.

Kortiz
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Honestly, the graphics I've seen in previews -- look quite good to me.

Lets face it. This game needs to release. They took away the coop/multiplayer. whoopti****indoo...As long as the biggest point of this game works flawlessly -- the single player rpg gameplay -- then I'll be perfectly happy.

Sheeyt
05-14-2004, 05:44 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

RockTheCasba
05-14-2004, 09:17 PM
good ol battlefield

ShannonX
05-14-2004, 10:44 PM
i always thought the graphics looked fine in all the trailers i've seen. Hella better than morrowind at least. Now Jade empire definately has some nice looking environments.

Razor70
05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Ya I think this title is gonna rock in my opinion. I will defently be picking up Fable when it comes out.

skorp
05-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeh! I think the graphics seem pretty good to me. Acceptable to me at least... But of course I'm looking forward to the gameplay...

it looks good, just the graphics werent finished i believe. They were not very crisp, but that could be for a number or reasons, or the many beers i had. i will be hitting the show up today again in a couple mins, ill take some pics.

Thanks for the update revernd! keep it comin... :p :cheers:

revernd
05-15-2004, 02:56 AM
i tried out jade empire, now thats a sweet game. the graphics and gameplay are great. I have some videos on the digi camera of some game play, when i get up in the morning ill send em along.

Slowride
05-15-2004, 09:36 AM
How bout some details other than good, great, cool, lovin it, sweet, smooth and such.

revernd
05-16-2004, 09:17 PM
its called a job and it is hard to find more than 2 minutes to do a response... have to do the best with the time i have got... (very busy life)