PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Shenmue 3?

Anthony4sho
05-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Is there anything new out there about this game? Screenshots, features, release date, etc?

blazenko
05-15-2004, 01:50 PM
yeah i'm not even sure if it's for xbox or nextbox... I'm sure if it's for xbox it'll be at this years E3.

Satch
05-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh man I sure hope it comes out soon. I love this series. :)

Ninja
05-17-2004, 08:03 PM
No news at all, your going to have to wait for TGS.

TheWheelMan
05-17-2004, 08:08 PM
question for you all is shenmue 2 worth playing on the xbox?? ive read reviews and stuff and it didnt get a very good one can someone give me a synopisis on it and what the gameplay is like?? thanks

Shadow20002
05-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Check the reviews section....there are tons of people that gonna give you a little peek about it.

TOTTEN
05-17-2004, 09:10 PM
question for you all is shenmue 2 worth playing on the xbox?? ive read reviews and stuff and it didnt get a very good one can someone give me a synopisis on it and what the gameplay is like?? thanks
its one of the best adventure games the story really keeps you going and the fighting system is sopposed to be just like street fighter i beat it and i still want to play more of it

TheWheelMan
05-18-2004, 09:54 AM
sounds crazy ya i dunno im not really sure what to think of the game but i do remember the 1st one on the dreamcast and it was like revolutionary and it didnt look half bad either

PDT816
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM

Lots of people loved it, but I hated it.

Gameplay is very slow-paced with too many cut scenes for my liking. The basic premise is that you communicate with NPC's to get to the next phase of the game -- and most of the dialog is bloated, unnecessary, and awkward.

There are a few signs of brilliance in the game, the fighting is really good for an adventure game IMO, but the are just 5-10% of gameplay. To further the frustration, many fights you have are pre-determined so you’ll spend a lot of time sparring with an NPC only to lose anyway so you can continue the story.

There is very little character development in the 2nd installment, which is a shame. Shenmue I had a great plot, this one adds little if anything to the mix. You’ll spend a lot of time interacting with specific characters in the game, only to move on and leave them behind asking yourself why you just wasted hours on end talking to them.

In summary, it’s not a very good game when compared to what it should be. It has its fans (and I hope they get their final installment), but it lacks polish and simply isn’t fun IMO.