PDA

View Full Version : TOCA race driver 2

adzmullz1
05-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Ok, seeing as Codemasters made this game, it has come out here in the UK first, so i get to say the first word about it ;)
This game REALLY, REALLY is the new best racing game availible and no, i have not forgotten about Project Gotham Racing 2. TOCA is the new king of racing games. :hump:
A FANTASTIC career mode, GORGEOUS graphics, AMAZING gameplay and most importantly, SPECTACULAR cars! . We've got it all here with TOCA, im talking mustangs, F1 cars, GT, Rally....even super trucks!.
For me, this game is a solid 9.5 out of 10 , im a proud owner and when the game gets released in the U.S im expecting you guys to join me.

TOCA 2 = The new best racing game on ANY SYSTEM :cool: :hail:

BananaMan
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Does it also have motorcycles? If it does I think I might go rent it tomorrow.

Unreal
05-16-2004, 09:22 PM
I have a question for anyone that has this game. I have played the demo and from what I have played of it, the game sucks. How close to the demo is the full version? Obviously if people have such high praise for it, something is not right. If the demo is nothing like the full version, I am going to have to give it a rent.

TheWheelMan
05-16-2004, 10:37 PM
I personally thought the game sucked its got some very interesting races and cars and stuff but its not done very well and dont even get me started with the rally racing in that game.......it was bad lol but ya thats my opinion i wouldnt buy it so will you???

BananaMan
05-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I won't buy it probably, I might rent it soon though.

adzmullz1
05-17-2004, 05:23 AM
1 - No motorbikes , but their not missed
2 - The Demo (like most demos) is a pretty inaccurate view of the finished game.
3 - Those that say you do not like it, can i ask why????? . OXM UK loved it, they gave it 9.1 , the handling is the best handling on any racer, the graphics are fantastic and the gameplay/lifespan is amazing!

TheWheelMan
05-17-2004, 11:23 AM
The damage modeling sucks,kinda shotty graphics at times, like i said before lots of different kind of racing......but none are done extremely well, o and have you ever seen a racing game that didnt have a ****pit for the car???? cause i thought it was kinda weird that the whole inside of the car was black and 1 more time the damage modeling sucks bad....thats why i dont like the game :mad:

mattgame
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
I like the game. I like the races. It's not as good as PGR2. It is the 2nd best racer on xbox.

TheWheelMan
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Theres better racers out there then that it is not the #2 try Need for speed: Underground that game is awesome and ya PGR2 is the racer to go with intially

Blucid
05-17-2004, 05:59 PM
--<> Gotta honestly say its pretty good, but then again the control of the car is a bit hard to learn takes some time to get used to the wheel spins and such other then what cars, trucks and whatsoever run great. Great grafix, gameplay, huge variety of items. Still like PGR2 kinda better...