PDA

View Full Version : Virus

TheWheelMan
05-18-2004, 04:59 PM
I have an odd question but well its a good one because i want to know if i should watch when i buy a new xbox.......Can your xbox get a virus by any chance??? the reason why i ask this is because just recently my box has gotten ****ed up somehow and it dosent play rented games (games with mild scratches or smudges on it) very well and some other stuff i think is getting messed up i believe it might be the lens but im not sure anyway ya i have music on there that was *cough* extracted from the net then put on to a mix then i put the mixes on the xbox to make soundtracks now im wondering if like the song had maybe some sort of corrupted thing on it or i dunno could it effect the xbox????

TheWheelMan
05-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Ive noticed quite abit of views and no reply's......its just a simple question and im just looking out for my baby cause im prolly going to have to get a new one and i am going to need to transfer files to the new xbox (hopefully the limited edition one)

Razor70
05-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't think there would be anyway for a virus to get on your hard drive, I know there are viruses that attach themselves to music files, but I just don't see it affecting your xbox this way. How long have you had your Xbox? Is the dvd-rom drive in it a Thomson? Could be alot of other reasons other than a virus. I know there was rumors awhile back that the xbox could get viruses but I do believe those were started by Ps2 and Gamecube Fanboys trying to make stories to turn people away from playing the greatest console on the market. I would look more into the idea that the lens may be dirty or has been shifted. Best thing to do is to send in your Xbox to have it checked out...or to just get a new one. Good luck and Play on!

BananaMan
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
That's what some dude told me on xbox live he's like yo i'ma send you a virus yo, i was like whatever yo.

OuFtb
05-19-2004, 09:41 AM
I'd say its your lens or the drive, but when I got mine fixed a year or so ago the guy mentioned that if your Xbox has a corupted save(screwed up) it could screw with your Xbox and make it not work right, the good thing is to fix it you just delete the file the bad thing I have no idea how to tell if there corupted or not. Not sure if thats your problem or not.

Spaztic
05-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Getting a virus on live is possible but the virus would have to be written for the xbox. So it is pretty unlikely. I would says you dvd-rom is going bad.

Duke
05-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah, doubt you have a virus. Try cleaning.

Also whoever mentioned the save thing might be right. I've known people who after they deleted their save game files, everything started working magically again.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's really any way to tell which might be the "bad" file, so back up what you can (w/ AR, you can put whatever you want on your hard drive), and give it a shot. If it doesn't fix it, then you can load all your old saves back on.

TheWheelMan
05-19-2004, 12:37 PM
In regards to Razor70's question ive had it since min December and its a samsung drive and ya i think i will prolly just get a new xbox i dont have any money but when it does come around i believe i can trade in my xbox for 75-100$ at Eb games so id be paying somthing in the lines of 130$ but if i cant get a limited edition im ganna freak lol :bang: