PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone announced for Xbox

OuFtb
05-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Atari and Stormfront Studios confirm that their Dungeons & Dragons-inspired action adventure game is coming to the Xbox and PS2 this fall.

Atari and Stormfront Studios have today confirmed that Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which is scheduled for release on the PlayStation 2 in September, is also in development for the Xbox. Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone is a single-player action adventure game set in the popular Dungeons & Dragons world created by Wizards of the Coast. The game will boast a storyline developed by New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore, and it will feature the considerable voice talents of actors Michael Clarke Duncan and Patrick Stewart.

Although Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone will be single-player only, players will actually assume control of a party of three characters--a fighter, a sorcerer, and a rogue. Players will be able to switch between characters at will to take advantage of the unique abilities offered by each. While using one character, the remaining two characters are controlled by "sophisticated" artificial intelligence. For more information on Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, check out our previous coverage of the PS2 version of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/19/news_6098802.html

CuartoDePuto
08-24-2004, 06:17 PM
this thread is ages old, but i just heard about the game. do you know how long i'll have to wait for the xbox version. Even though i'm an xbox addict, i've got the ps2 as well. I'd rather have it on xbox, but sometimes i just can't wait.

thx

OuFtb
08-24-2004, 06:26 PM
I took a look at Gamespot, not sure how good they are with releases but they had

PS2 Version- 09-14-04

Xbox Version- 11-16-04

So your looking at two months if you wait for the Xbox version.

Whizard97
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Wait 2 months for a crappy PS2 port??? pffffffttt.... I'll be too busy playing FABLE and HALO 2 for this pile of ****.

mrmp3
08-25-2004, 03:28 PM
If it was multi-player I'd get it, but like someone else said, I'll be too busy playing Fable and Halo 2.

Brevity
08-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Every mag I have gotten as of late seems to have a large section on this game. Sounds great and looks super. High hopes for this one.

CuartoDePuto
08-26-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm with you brevity, i'm just not sure what console i'll get it on. maybe you can talk me into waiting for the xbox version

Brevity
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I am betting the XB version will look better and perhaps have some XBL function, but now that I got the HD loader I get nearly everything I can on PS2 if its on both and has the same functionality.

CuartoDePuto
08-31-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm leaning towards ps2 on this as well. Have you seen the new videos? do you think the footage is from the xbox version or ps2 version?

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1098/Forgotten-Realms-Demon-Stone-Gemspark-Mine

JuniorBrady
10-06-2004, 12:34 PM
I played the PS2 version and am still looking forward to the Xbox one. I'm hoping the graphics will be better, even though they are pretty good on PS2.

mrmp3
10-06-2004, 01:55 PM
I hope they add co-op support just out of nowhere. I'd defintely consider picking it up, but man my friend has the PS2 version and it had pretty much the same feel as LotR:RotK and was just as short, not worth $50 if you ask me. Not to mention, X-Men Legends owns and this game can't top it.

JuniorBrady
10-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I'd have to say, I doubt they'll have co-op. The game should be like LOTR, b/c the same people made the game. In my mind, that's a good thing. I haven't played XMen, but it would be hard to top this game IMO.

Czm21x
10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
I read the PS2 review about this game at gamespot. It sounds good and it looks good,but according to the reviewer it only takes about ten hours to get through it,so it seems like it's another short hack and slash adventure.

Too bad really. It was one port I was looking forward to.

mrmp3
10-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I'd have to say, I doubt they'll have co-op. The game should be like LOTR, b/c the same people made the game. In my mind, that's a good thing. I haven't played XMen, but it would be hard to top this game IMO.

I don't mind that it feels like LotR, however, I do mind that it is just as short. 10 hours is pushing it if you ask me. Closer to 8.

JuniorBrady
10-08-2004, 08:45 AM
There are some pretty good movies (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/forgottenrealmsdemonstone/index.html ) here. I guess I hadn't really heard any complaints about the length of Demon Stone. It seems like it should be plenty of fun, and I think it's supposed to have pretty decent replay value.