PDA

View Full Version : I Got a Bargain on Soul Calibur II

selowitch
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM
I was excited to find a sealed, brand-new copy of Soul Calibur II for Xbox at a local Reny's discount store in Maine for $20.00 ($20.99 with state sales tax). I snapped it up immediately!

They also have other titles like Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee for the same price. I guess this is a sign that good bargains can sometimes be found if you keep your eyes open.

Too bad they don't do mail order for all of my friends at XBA. My guess is it'll be a one-shot deal. The local manager may not have realized that these games generally retail new for upwards of $40.

CMX Jedi
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
good deal :D too bad SCII isnt live.

selowitch
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah, that would have been amazing. I guess we can hope for that when Soul Calibur III comes out (not to start any rumors). Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to playing SC II tonight for the first time. The demo was superb, so doubtless the full version will rock.

Slowride
05-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah...I was really disappointed with SCII. I guess it just isn't my genre. Cuz just the 1v1 fighting got so monotenous I hated playing it the second day i had it rented. I really liked tekken tag team on ps2 though...so i dunno. If it had live it would have been much better, dunno why more games aren't live. Good find though.

selowitch
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I’ll reserve judgment until I play the full version, naturally. I don’t have any other pure fighting games (Ninja Gaiden does not really classify itself as a fighter), so I figured, “What the heck?”

GOP Values
05-19-2004, 03:30 PM
man, thats a righteous prize. Woooo Hooo I need me a Reny's. Do they sell beer there too by any chance? Might az well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Knowhata mean?

JJaX
05-19-2004, 03:35 PM
SC2 is the best fighting game ever made.

Great buy!

Just get some buds to play with, because the single player is rather dull, like every fighting game.

selowitch
05-19-2004, 03:42 PM
man, thats a righteous prize. Woooo Hooo I need me a Reny's. Do they sell beer there too by any chance? Might az well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Knowhata mean?
Hehe. I don’t think so. Check their website (http://www.renys.com) out if you like. Too bad it’s a Maine-only chain.

selowitch
05-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Just get some buds to play with, because the single player is rather dull, like every fighting game.
Good suggestion. Trouble is, I’m a married thirty-four-year-old father of one in a tiny college town. Finding people to play with whom I can stand (and who care to keep company with me) is sometimes a challenge.

As our friend Doobus said, too bad it’s not XBL-enabled!

dronezero
05-20-2004, 09:49 AM
SC2 is the best fighting game ever made.

...snip...
because the single player is rather dull, like every fighting game.
Nonsense. The first one was much better, and it has the only single player fighting experience that I enjoy. In fact considering you can find a dreamcast and SC for probably around $30 I don't know why more people don't pick one up for the game alone.

jelgiad
05-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah, i got SC 2 about 4 months ago for 25 bucks from the KayBee toys that shut down in our mall. Its a fun game. I enjoy plaing it. Like stated before though, its better playing w/ friends than playing single player.

l Maximus l
05-22-2004, 03:17 AM
One thing is wierd about SC 2...it supports 720p, however, not Widescreen. Here's my question: how often do you see HDTVs that are not widescreen? Someone must have been fired over that goof up...