PDA

View Full Version : High Definition AV Pack//SC2 issues

scrotemus
05-19-2004, 03:24 PM
hiya,
i just bought an Xbox the other day and i have a tech issue already. a liitle background info first... My setup is an superflat HDtv, i have purchased the HD component cables (not the Advanced AV Pack but the official Microsoft High Definition AV Pack). i have a couple games that take advantage of 480p and they look great. the issue is when i try playing soul calibur 2 in 720p. i dont get a picture but i do get sound. i have tried every combination of settings in the xbox gui video area. i have tried different component cables, different component inputs on the tv. my hd cable box is capable of 720p and i've tried it - it works fine as well.

amazingly i have not found any tech support websites that might address this issue. if anyone has any information or websites please help,

thanks

techie
05-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Do you have 720P enabled in the Xbox dashboard?

What brand/model number HDTV do you have?

Have you checked the spec's on your HDTV?

It may not support 720P, my HDTV doesn't.

Some HD cable boxes will up-convert a signal from
lower resolution to a higher resolution.

And just an FYI, SC2 at 720P is in 4X3 mode, not
true 720P HD widescreen as it should be, but it's
still a good looking game anyway.

l Maximus l
05-20-2004, 02:47 AM
I had the same issue with Amped 2. Techi pointed out to make sure your HDTV supports 720p.

When I first got my HDTV, I put 480p, 720p, and 1080i on "Yes" to enable. But, when I put in Amped 2, I had to change 720p and 1080i to "no" to disable those options...it worked perfectly after that.

So, try that...but, Techi is correct...Soul Caliber 2 does not support Widescreen, however, it supports 720p to my knowledge. Why they didn't incorporate Widescreen is completely beyond me since the vast majority of HDTVs boast the most common aspect ratio of 16x9...not 4x3. To me, it was complete laziness on the developer's part. Damn ports...