PDA

View Full Version : My on-line nightmare

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Dudes...help me figure out what's wrong here:

I went out and purchased a Switch (Hub). It's a Linksys 10/100 Workgroup Switch (five port). Here was my hook-up:

I hooked the modem to the up-link port on the Switch. Then, from one of the ports, I used a CAT 5 patch cable that was connected to my computer's ethernet port and hooked that into another port in the Switch.

Now, my question: Shouldn't I be able to get on the internet with this type of hookup?

Charlie_CO
01-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Are you trying to share an internet connection amongst 2 pcs?

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Once I am able to get on the internet, I will hook up my XBox so I can play Halo on-line. I have Gamespy already installed...now I just need to figure out what the hell is wrong :confused:

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_CO
Are you trying to share an internet connection amongst 2 pcs?

No...just one PC.

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Max is it a cable modem router/switch

if so did you call your local cable modem provider and let them know you added the device. you have to give them the mac address of of the router. right now the cable modem is looking for the mac address of the network card on your computer. they should be able to walk you through the steps.:)

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 12:58 PM
if you are hooked up to 1 IP and have DSL or Cable, it probably won't work with a switch. You will need 2 IP's to do so. From what I read, getting a router instead of a switch will let you link your Xbox and PC to one IP address depending how many ports you get with your router. I don't know if that's the problem your getting or not.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by thedrisc
Max is it a cable modem router/switch

if so did you call your local cable modem provider and let them know you added the device. you have to give them the mac address of of the router. right now the cable modem is looking for the mac address of the network card on your computer. they should be able to walk you through the steps.:)

Good idea...But, I called AT&T Broadband (cable internet) and they told me that I have to contact Linksys, the maker of the Switch. lol...I went ahead and did that last night...around midnight...and they said I had a "125 minute wait" ...lol...yeah, right! lol

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by noodleboy
if you are hooked up to 1 IP and have DSL or Cable, it probably won't work with a switch. You will need 2 IP's to do so. From what I read, getting a router instead of a switch will let you link your Xbox and PC to one IP address depending how many ports you get with your router. I don't know if that's the problem your getting or not.

Well, to my understanding, the Linksys 10/100 Workgroup Switch is also a router, so, I think it will utilize one IP address. It's a pretty top notch Switch...but, not overkill...to my understanding, anyway.

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:12 PM
Max return it and get a cable modem router. if your use a switch only then you will have to pay for an extra ip address from your cable provider for the xbox. if you get the router you only need one ip.

this is thier cable router/4port switch

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 01:13 PM
what's your model # for the switch?

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 01:15 PM
thedrisc:

That's the one I plan on getting, one of my buddies got it and he said it works perfectly.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Max return it and get a cable modem router. if your use a switch only then you will have to pay for an extra ip address from your cable provider for the xbox. if you get the router you only need one ip.

this is thier cable router/4port switch

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20

Dude, that's cool and all, but, to me, this seems like it might be an overkill. In other words, should I buy a Ferrari when all I need is a Volkswagon? I see your point...but, I thought my Switch did exactly what it's supposed to without having to add an IP address. I have a nephew that has gone on-line to play Halo and he owns the exact same Switch....and, as far as I know, he only has one IP address. This is wierd...lol

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:21 PM
its really good. plus I think the price is alot cheaper now than when I bought. its like $99.00. I bought it for like $175.00.

I had some problems with online games until I figured out there was a DMZ setting. I had to add my computer ip to the DMZ then everything worked fine. counter stike was giving me the problem.

:D

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:21 PM
what's your model # for the switch?

I am pretty d a m n sure that it's this one: http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=24&prid=149

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 01:25 PM
Check the first review from this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003006E/qid%3D1011295440/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/002-9010877-8692050[/URL]

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:29 PM
I do not know much game spy online program. maybe it can work that way but in the future for the MS online network the xbox will need its own ip instead of using your PC's info. so I think evetually you will need the router anyway.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Check the first review from this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003006E/qid%3D1011295440/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/002-9010877-8692050[/URL]

Dude, I think that just answered my question...thanks Noodleboy! My nephew must have more than one IP address, otherwise, this switch will not work. Bummer!!!! I guess I need to take it back...I am sitting on the phone waiting for customer service...I'm calling Linksys directly. I'll let you all know what's happening or what they say. :) You guys are awesome! Thanks drisc and noodleboy!

Hey, thedrisc...beer and bliss :)

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:34 PM
I do not know much game spy online program. maybe it can work that way but in the future for the MS online network the xbox will need its own ip instead of using your PC's info. so I think evetually you will need the router anyway.

Yeah, I think you're right....I'm on the phone with customer service at Linksys...I'll keep you dudes posted...it should be another 15 minutes or so :)

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:34 PM
you welcome and good luck max

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:D

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Not a problem,

And as far as the 4port router, I just saw it at Best Buy for $79, not too bad.

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:39 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! $79.00?!?!?! thats almost a hundred less than what I payed for it. man.:eek:

oooh well thats always the way with computer stuff.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Okay, let's say I just get that router instead...I won't need to get an additional IP address then and it should work? If so, I'll just pick it up tonight from Best Buy and take back the other one to Electronics Boutique. Should that do the trick? Or do I also have to call AT&T broadband and let them know about the unit, too?

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:44 PM
you still have to call them max but it should be easy for them to help you install it.

good luck

noodleboy
01-17-2002, 01:44 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004SB92/qid=1011296580/br=1-2/ref=br_lf_pc_2/002-9010877-8692050[/URL]

If you get this one, it's just plug & play.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Okay, drisc...sounds cool, dude. I'm still on hold with Linksys...I just want to check with them, too...mainly because I have already waited this long on hold! lol ....it sounds as if I already have my answer thanks to you guys :) Thanks again! I'll let you know what Linksys says, if you are interested :D

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 01:48 PM
He still needs to let them know the MAC address of the new device other wise the AT&T server will keep on looking for his computers network card and it will not work. its real easy to use MAX the book is good and you login into the device using IE.

I have setup three of them with AT&T for my friends and they have been good at getting it done every time.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Okay, here's the scoop from what Linksys said:

They told me the same thing...that with my current Switch, for it to work, I will need to pay for an additional IP address. I don't really want to do that...so, I asked him about the router that you referenced above.

He said that for networking four XBoxes, it will work like a Switch or Hub...no problem at all. I don't need to configure it or anything for using it that way...so, everything sounds good there.

However, if I go on-line with it, I may be limited on what sites to go to because of the advanced firewall that's in it. I asked him if there is a way around that, and he said yes...but, I have to call them to get it configured and they will walk me through it. I might have to wait until Saturday, during the day to do this, though. He also told me that I don't have to call AT&T Broadband at all...and, he seemed very much against that idea for some reason. He said that they won't know what to do since it's not their product. He must have been some computer dork or something...So, that's what happened. It sounds like I might need the router.

The thing is, I don't see any further use in this router other than what I am trying to do...So, I just want to make sure that I am not performing an overkill...know what I mean?

thedrisc
01-17-2002, 02:24 PM
You need to enter your xbox's IP into the DMZ seeting. it easy max and the book will explain it. The DMZ exposes the xbox to the internet and does not have the fire wall protection. I do not think you need the firewall for the Xbox anyway.

I had soem problams with online games until I did this.

this is the best solution for you. 79.00 instead of 44.00 and an extra 10.00 a month sounds like a better deal to me. I should get game spy's halo network. I am sure it will be a blast.

aaahh the things we go through just to play games. lol:D

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 02:37 PM
You need to enter your xbox's IP into the DMZ seeting. it easy max and the book will explain it. The DMZ exposes the xbox to the internet and does not have the fire wall protection. I do not think you need the firewall for the Xbox anyway.

I had soem problams with online games until I did this.

this is the best solution for you. 79.00 instead of 44.00 and an extra 10.00 a month sounds like a better deal to me. I should get game spy's halo network. I am sure it will be a blast.

aaahh the things we go through just to play games. lol:D

Dude, I have Best Buy on the phone and they said that the BEFSR41 - EtnerFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch, that your referenced above, is $100...it went off sale last week :eek: ...Oh well, I guess I can take it in the shorts on this one...I'll still end up picking it up. If I can't figure it out, I will simply call Linksys and have them walk me through setting it up. I just want to play on-line!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spaztic
01-17-2002, 03:22 PM
I thing you would have saved yourself alot of trouble if you just bought a $40 hub from bestbuy hooked it up and rebooted you computer! You would have been online in secounds!

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I thing you would have saved yourself alot of trouble if you just bought a $40 hub from bestbuy hooked it up and rebooted you computer! You would have been online in secounds!

Are you sure? Because, won't I need to pay for a second IP Address that way?

stang46
01-17-2002, 03:32 PM
First off, for everyone saying you need 2 ips and a router for this to work is totally incorrect. You do not need two ips. You only need your PC to be pulling an ip. I have the exact same setup as yours and it worked the first time with no hassles whatsoever. I have a Linksys 5 port switch connected to my pc and xbox, and then uplinked to my cable modem. I only get one IP from my ISP, Cox Cable. Have you tried renewing your IP on your comp? If you are on 98 go to run and type winipcfg. Once the screen pops up select your network card and release the ip. Once it has been released hit renew. Give this a try, it seems that your isp may be pulling the mac from your xbox and this is keeping your PC from getting an ip. Try disconnecting the xbox, totally reset your modem and get your PC online. Once its working, hook the xbox up.

stang46
01-17-2002, 03:35 PM

A hub or switch makes no difference in this situation. For all purposes, a switch is jsut a hub with dedicated bandwith between all the ports.

Hugh_Jass
01-17-2002, 03:42 PM
I thought GameSpy said you couldn't use a router at all? I haven't done this myself but I thought for sure I remember reading that.

If you can use a router then it probably has the ability to serve as a gateway and hand out DHCP addresses to your devices, thus no additional IPs from your ISP would be necessary.

If you have to use a switch or a hub then you will need to get another IP from your ISP.

Or...if memory serves, there is another option where you connect a second NIC in your PC. Then you don't need a router, hub, or switch, nor do you need a second IP.

Hugh_Jass
01-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by stang46
First off, for everyone saying you need 2 ips and a router for this to work is totally incorrect. You do not need two ips. You only need your PC to be pulling an ip. I have the exact same setup as yours and it worked the first time with no hassles whatsoever. I have a Linksys 5 port switch connected to my pc and xbox, and then uplinked to my cable modem. I only get one IP from my ISP, Cox Cable. Have you tried renewing your IP on your comp? If you are on 98 go to run and type winipcfg. Once the screen pops up select your network card and release the ip. Once it has been released hit renew. Give this a try, it seems that your isp may be pulling the mac from your xbox and this is keeping your PC from getting an ip. Try disconnecting the xbox, totally reset your modem and get your PC online. Once its working, hook the xbox up.

It could be that your ISP just doesn't regulate the number of IPs being used. Mine is very strict on that rule.

stang46
01-17-2002, 03:57 PM
Hugh Jass,
I know for a fact that my isp does regulate ips cause I used to pay an extra $5 per month for an additional ip when my roommate lived here. I am no longer paying for this additional ip and I know that for a fact cause I have 2 other comps hooked to my switch that will not pull ips. I used to be on Houston RR and I know how the old glory days of unlimited IPs are. Unfortunately, most all cable companies no longer do that cause it sucks WAY to much bandwith. There are a ****load of people out there who are getting this to work without 2 ips and if you go into the Gamespy chatroom people will tell you you only need 1. It seems to me he isn't get an ip at all cause he can't get online. Which means his isp is most likely seeing a different MAC address. He need to either a) Try resetting his modem without the xbox hooked to the network, or b) Call his isp and tell them to reset the MAC address. I can almost bet his isp pulled the mac address from the xbox's nic and is locked into that mac right now. I think the best bet would be to first unhook everything except the pc and modem. Try to repull your ip like this. When you get an ip, hook the switch in. If this still works connect the xbox to the switch. If you can get your pc online without the switch, there is no reason whatsoever it should not work with the switch in place.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by stang46
Hugh Jass,
I know for a fact that my isp does regulate ips cause I used to pay an extra $5 per month for an additional ip when my roommate lived here. I am no longer paying for this additional ip and I know that for a fact cause I have 2 other comps hooked to my switch that will not pull ips. I used to be on Houston RR and I know how the old glory days of unlimited IPs are. Unfortunately, most all cable companies no longer do that cause it sucks WAY to much bandwith. There are a ****load of people out there who are getting this to work without 2 ips and if you go into the Gamespy chatroom people will tell you you only need 1. It seems to me he isn't get an ip at all cause he can't get online. Which means his isp is most likely seeing a different MAC address. He need to either a) Try resetting his modem without the xbox hooked to the network, or b) Call his isp and tell them to reset the MAC address. I can almost bet his isp pulled the mac address from the xbox's nic and is locked into that mac right now. I think the best bet would be to first unhook everything except the pc and modem. Try to repull your ip like this. When you get an ip, hook the switch in. If this still works connect the xbox to the switch. If you can get your pc online without the switch, there is no reason whatsoever it should not work with the switch in place.

Actually, Stang...that could have been a possibility, but, not in my case. I haven't hooked up my XBox to the Switch yet. This is what I did and for some odd reason, it failed:

I simply took my Switch and plugged the Cable modem into the Up-link port (via crossover cable). Secondly, I used a regular patch cord (CAT 5 - not a crossover in this case) from my ethernet port on my computer to one of the ports on the Switch. With that hook up, I cannot even get on the internet when it should be possible. For some reason, it says that my computer is connected, but, I cannot surf the web. It just says that the page cannot be displayed.

Keep in mind, I'm novice with all of this stuff...but, with this kind of connection, it seems to me, even with me being novice, that this should work. The Switch has to be bad or something....or, I need to reboot my computer after connecting it...which I didn't do. For some odd reason, I didn't think of that....this was last night around midnight...I wasn't thinking straight :D

But, I called Linksys up and they told me that with that Switch, I am required to have two IP addresses. I called their Technical support and told them exactly what I am trying to do. They said that if I don't want to have to pay for an additional IP address that I would have to use a router. This is the one they recommended http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=20&grid=23 . This should do the trick and will work just like any Switch or Hub if I want to link up four XBoxes for System Link play, too.

What do you think?

stang46
01-17-2002, 04:25 PM
I knew this could be solved:)

I simply took my Switch and plugged the Cable modem into the Up-link port (via crossover cable).

You do not need ANY crossover cables for this!!! The crossover is done internally in the switch. All the cable between your switch/pc/xbox need to be REGULAR RJ-45, not crossover...This is definetly whats keeping you from getting online without a doubt. Basically with that crossover in there its like you have nothing between the switch and modem:) Try it out with all regular cables and let me know how it goes. After you said this I am almost certain this is the problem. One other thing to check, when you have everything connected properly to the switch the green 'Link' led on the switch should light up, I'm not sure if it will do this with a crossover. You should have a green LEd lit up for all three connections(Uplink,PC,and xbox). Also, Linksys is going to tell you you need 2 ips cause they don't know that you are using software to send the info from your pc to the xbox. Your xbox is getting information from your pc(from the tunneling software), it is not getting info directly from your isp.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Hey, stang46...you brought up some interesting things...like the Tunnel Software thing...I think you're right...that's probably why you don't need the second IP address even if you are using a Switch. Also, I need to try and reboot my computer like you said...I failed to do that last night. Keep in mind that I am at work and the computer I'm trying to play on-line is, of course, at home...So, I will work on this tonight.

Also, about the cable from my cable modem to the Switch: It, actually, is the same cable that I got from AT&T Broadband when they hooked up my cable modem to my ethernet port on my computer. I thought it was a crossover, but, I may be wrong. Keep in mind that I am novice with this stuff but am learning a ton just by talking with all of you dudes... But, here's my question in regards to the cable that connects the cable modem to my computer: is that, traditionally, a patch cable or a crossover?

Which ever it is, it's the same cable that I am using to plug into my Switch.

stang46
01-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Well from my experiences with Toshiba, Best Data, and Terayon cable modems the cable between the switch and modem is always a regular patch cable. If you hook the modem directly up to the PC you just use a regular patch cable as well. The only time you ever need a crossover is if you are connecting two comps directly together without a switch or hub. What kind of cable modem do you have? Also, yes a reboot could have helped. When you get home I would try out another cable if you can. There is no reason whatsoever that you shouldn't be able to get your comp online through a switch, regardless of how many ips you may have, so I think this problem can be solved. Once you get home try some things out and let me know what happens.

l Maximus l
01-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Okay, I'm going to sound like an idiot after all of this...but, here I go :D

Okay, I finally figured out that AT&T Broadband is using DHCP, which will not require me, if I use the Switch that I currently have, to utilize an additional IP address. So, I won't need to go with that router.

So, the only thing I failed to remember was to boot up my computer, just like Stang said. Stang, you are utterly brilliant! :D

So, anyway...that's all I need to do! By the way, Stang, I am using an RJ-45 from my Modem to my Switch (to the up-link port)...you were correct again. So, I'm fine there. And, a patch cable from my computer to one of the ports in my Hub. Once I get this done, I just need to reboot and it will find an IP address. Once this is complete, I can hook in my XBox and launch GameSpy arcade...choose a level and then kick some ass!

D a m n, I'm pretty ;)

Msterrrr
01-17-2002, 06:12 PM
max max max whats going on here?
i was just reading through the posts quickly
heres my setup from the modem out,,,if it will help any

cable modem out cat5 3ft cable to uplink port on hub
port one-10ft cat5 cable to xbox
port two-3ft cat5 cable to ethernet card

keep in mind if your using the uplink port on the hub you cant use the port directly next to it,,, they are joined inside the hub

fairly simple but i did make the mistake of trying to use crossovers when i first hooked up lucky radio shack took em back

the hub im using,,,,http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=148&grid=24

stang46
01-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Yeah thats a really good point Msterrrr brought up. On your switch Max, the uplink is shared with port 5(I have some switch and just checked) so do not plug anything into port 5.

Frostberg
01-17-2002, 06:57 PM
hmm max silly you and crossover cables...they only work because they dont need a switch...well to be switched, and you cant switch inside the cable then do so again in the switch..anyway all the people who i know with AT&T Broadband have the SMC Barricuda and it is a pretty good deal,linksys is ok but it seems to be too commercial where it is at even kmart...and you cant get quality at kmart...

Hugh_Jass
01-18-2002, 07:54 AM
My cable modem requires a crossover to the uplink port of my switch. I believe all uplink ports require crossover connections.

I'm running two LANs off of a cable modem connection at home. I'll double check this afternoon when I get home from work.

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
max max max whats going on here?
i was just reading through the posts quickly
heres my setup from the modem out,,,if it will help any

cable modem out cat5 3ft cable to uplink port on hub
port one-10ft cat5 cable to xbox
port two-3ft cat5 cable to ethernet card

keep in mind if your using the uplink port on the hub you cant use the port directly next to it,,, they are joined inside the hub

fairly simple but i did make the mistake of trying to use crossovers when i first hooked up lucky radio shack took em back

the hub im using,,,,http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=148&grid=24

Thanks, buddy...That's what my set-up looks like...but, instead of using a Hub, I'm using a Switch...also by Linksys. My 16 year-old Nephew already advised me not to connect my cable modem into port 5 since it's a shared port for the up-link port....so, I didn't make that error. But, thanks for the reminder!

I tried getting on last night but, I didn't get a chance to actually play a game because I had plans that evening. I wanted to see if my System Link function on Halo was accessible...and it was! So, I think everything is in tact now :D Tonight, I plan on getting on-line and playing a game. I tried late last night, but, ironically, no one was in Gamespy! I was all by myself! It was about midnight last night...maybe a little later....and I'm on the West Coast...so, it was "early" on the East Coast and the Midwest.

Thanks, again, for all of your help! I will let you all know if I actualy play a game...if I do, I will also give you the amazing details as I expect myself to kick everyone's ass on-line :D hehe

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
hmm max silly you and crossover cables...they only work because they dont need a switch...well to be switched, and you cant switch inside the cable then do so again in the switch..anyway all the people who i know with AT&T Broadband have the SMC Barricuda and it is a pretty good deal,linksys is ok but it seems to be too commercial where it is at even kmart...and you cant get quality at kmart...

lol, Frostberg...eventhough you are one of my all-time favorite XBoxaddict members, I may have to disagree. First of all, I didn't buy it at K-Mart...lol..>I know you didn't say that...but, you did mention that it can be purchased there. But, I have heard from three reliable sources that Linksys is the way to go. Because I am novice with all of this stuff, I can't tell you about the pros and cons between all the different types of Hubs and Switches...but, so far, it seems to be doing the trick. Now, I just need time to get on-line so I can actually play a game! :eek:

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
My cable modem requires a crossover to the uplink port of my switch. I believe all uplink ports require crossover connections.

I'm running two LANs off of a cable modem connection at home. I'll double check this afternoon when I get home from work.

lol, Hugh...you have a way to confuse this poor chap! The cable that I am using to connect my cable modem to my Switch is the exact same cable that the technicians used to connect it to my ethernet port on my computer. I'm assuming that is safe since it seems to be working okay.

Msterrrr
01-18-2002, 06:31 PM
gr8 sounds like a green light to kick some ((__)_#))
one thing worried me ,,, that you said no one was there!! everytime ive gone theres been 150+ peeps:eek:

tonight the Maximus hunting season has begun hahahehe:)

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
gr8 sounds like a green light to kick some ((__)_#))
one thing worried me ,,, that you said no one was there!! everytime ive gone theres been 150+ peeps:eek:

tonight the Maximus hunting season has begun hahahehe:)

I really hope it works! I went on about Midnight last night and I was the only one there :confused: It worked earlier yesterday, so, I'm not sure what the deal was....I'll check tonight and see if it works again....FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to come after your ass! lol

What nickname do you go under? I use Maximus in Gamespy just as I do here :)

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 06:38 PM
i got an online nightmare also but its because i cant hook my xbox online for like a year and a half cause i have some deal that i have to keep msn and my connection really sucks so i cant wait until a year and a half:D its almost to long.......

Msterrrr
01-18-2002, 06:47 PM
my nic name is Gattman!! anyone else here playing @ gamespy feel free to add me:)
caution though i bring deadly accurate pistol skills!!

what happens if you break your contract monkey? they hit you with a charge?
broadband is the future thats why they made package deals like that,, trying to hold on too customers

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 06:55 PM
if i break it i gotta pay a lotta money for a lotta months and i know im always gonna have this cheap connection cause someone at my house is to cheap:mad:

Frostberg
01-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Max dont take it personally just because I dont like the maker of your switch...they arent bad, just seem to bee too overpriced because they "can" be...they are sold everywhere and are becoming boselike where they can charge a lot just because they can...maybe its monopolyish, but it seems like the quality just isint there...i just dont like them...I dont like a lot of things and dont mind if other people do, its just that people out there dont seem to have a whole large choice of network stuff in the stores...you go into bestbuy and its linksys this linksys that...I just cant stand it!