PDA

View Full Version : Midway Arcade Racers Coming To Xbox?

OuFtb
05-20-2004, 09:23 PM
A combination package of Midway's Hydro Thunder and San Francisco Rush 2049 is on its way to the Xbox later this year, if retail pre-order solicitations are to be believed today. The EBGames chain is offering such a collection for release in June, at the budget price of $19.99.

Both games saw release on the Dreamcast and other consoles a few years ago, but exact replications of the arcade originals -- which ran on Midway's 3Dfx-based arcade hardware -- have heretofore eluded console gamers. Hosting perfect versions of both in a single package would be quite the coup for the Xbox.

This solicitation jives with reports from inside Midway of late, although the big question -- will the two games feature Xbox Live support for online arcade racing? -- has yet to be answered. It's also odd to see TDK Mediactive listed as the publisher in the new solicitation. Those details may wash out soon enough, though, so we'll look forward to an official announcement in the coming weeks.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1596063,00.asp

Looks like it isn't offical but they sound like there sure its coming. I know what Rush 2049 is but what is Hydro Thunder, is it any good?

DemonLoki
05-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Hydro Thunder is cool boat racer, it came out on N64 but wasn't 1/2 as good as arcade.

Tim
05-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Hydro Thunder Rocks! It was why I bought the Dreamcast to begin with. My bro and I played for hours! I hope this info is true. I'm such a sucker for old school!